Free Agency

combatbengal

Tate returns. At least they're nailing down the fan favorites...

/>https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/443397561366220800

:frustrated:/>/>

Yup. This one rates a solid "meh" in my book. They couldn't even kick the tires on Hester? Sheesh.

Good bye Johnson good luck in Tampa

We knew it was coming. Hopefully Hunt can make the big frosh to sophomore year leap.

Interesting that the deal is already being reported, five years, $43 million, $24 million guaranteed. Supposedly nothing could be done until 4 today. This whole "legal tampering" period is fu*king stupid.

If the plan was to spend up to "x" amount of dollars on both AC and MJ and now they are not, why not put that money to good use in upgrading another area?

I am sure they will be putting the money to use (whether good or not remains to be seen) by extending Green and Dalton with front-heavy contracts that makes it tempting for the player now and lessens the cap burden for the organisation in future years.

Yippee Brandon Tate is coming back

He's like a skidmark on the toilet bowl of special teams ... not easy on the eye, unwelcome by most, and bloody difficult to get rid of !!!

Yea hard to believe so I wonder what the plan is

Well, Pollack has experience at center, they have Robinson waiting in the wings, and last time Robinson got extensive time our run game was better...so if you believe Hue about committing more to the run, this makes some sense.

ETA Hobs think Pollak has the inside track, so who knows...

It's official: Kyle Cook has been released.

Somewhere, Shula is popping the champagne.

I didn't see that coming but yippee!

I guess this shows MB knows that we had a weakness at C afterall

It's official: Kyle Cook has been released.

Somewhere, Shula is popping the champagne.

I didn't see that coming but yippee!

I guess this shows MB knows that we had a weakness at C afterall

Have to admit I'm scratching my head a bit. Not that I loved Cook, but the coaches obviously liked him last year over Robinson and the FA and draft options look pretty thin at C. I'm intrigued...

OH MY GOD

seriously?

edit: yeah, seriously: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/3/11/5496906/kyle-cook-cut-by-the-cincinnati-bengals

S U C H G O O D N E W S

I have nothing against him personally, but cost/production he wasn't earning his check

Pollack is now the starting center! WOOT WOOT

Virtual certainty we draft a center high! WOOT WOOT

Thank jeebus!!!!

From Dehner:

Paul Alexander on released center Kyle Cook and the state of the center position: “Kyle has been a great Bengal, a tough guy and an excellent leader. In addition to being a good player, he showed great ability to coordinate things at the line of scrimmage. He has been a big help to Andy Dalton as Andy has developed into a veteran player. So we don’t want to see Kyle go without commending him for his service to the team. But we have some other options available, involving other veterans and some younger guys, and we decided this is the best direction to go. I couldn’t tell you right now who our No. 1 center will be, but that’s because we do have a few different options that we’re confident will improve us in the end. That’s what the offseason programs and training camp are for, to evaluate those possibilities and come up with the best one.”