Free Agency

combatbengal

So, I check into the Bengalszone board and see the same fools pitching a fit because the Bengals didn't jump in with both feet when free agency started. Gee, we should follow the lead of the Browns and Bucs-they know how to build a winning team. Some of you are also taking the loss of MJ and Collins poorly. Oh my! How will we ever replace a back-up OT and MJ's 3.5 sacks?

So, I check into the Bengalszone board and see the same fools pitching a fit because the Bengals didn't jump in with both feet when free agency started. Gee, we should follow the lead of the Browns and Bucs-they know how to build a winning team. Some of you are also taking the loss of MJ and Collins poorly. Oh my! How will we ever replace a back-up OT and MJ's 3.5 sacks?

What an absolute freakin idiot you are.

You ignore that the "backup OT" held several prolific pass rushers without stats for a game, and that the 3.5 sack DE also had a large number of pressures and was amongst the best in the NFL against the run

I suggest you head downtown and hash things out with Gizzle at his bar, as you two are operating on the same bottom-of-the-barrel intellectual level. Hey, maybe he can get you hooked up with the one the Bengal's girlfriends too!

I heard today that the Bengals finally made a move in FA and it looks like this move will turn our season around. Our D line will be awesome, the WR corp will be among the best, our running game will be unstoppable. Yes folks, the Bengals extended Marvin's contract. Forget about bring in players to help us over that hump, don't worry about who we let go or lost in FA. The coach that hasn't won a play off game since he took over was extended!

Dontay Moch coming back ?? Yeah, I have no issue with that move. Why you ask ??

Because the Bengals say he's being brought back and will play at the DE position. Why does this matter you ask ??

Because it was his natural position in college and the Bengals hardly ever played him there.

He was one of their "DE to LB" genius moves they made. I think they got him wrong from day one and never gave him a shot at DE.

Color me intrigued at what he can do as a situational pass rusher at DE. If he fails, what's the loss ??

1) D-line - ....... Who knows...we may draft a DE high in the draft

3) Linebacker - A possible draft pick.

5) .....Hopefully Taylor Mays is healthy and contributing, and hopefully Shawn Williams will develop nicely.

6) QB -..... I personally hope they spend a 4th rounder on a high-ceiling draft pick.

7) O-line ....maybe they take someone in the draft.

And then there's AC. Yes, we all wanted to keep him. Clearly the Bengals did as well. These things happen. So, we move Whit back to LT (there are far worse things to happen), ........and take a high draft pick for depth

Thats possibly 5 of our draft picks there and that's also hoping that Mays / Williams can get and stay healthy and contribute. Also bearing in mind that Williams has been developing for 2 years now and Mays for 5 .. so we can't expect a draftee to come in a fill a gap that they may not be able to.

We certainly need to look at CB ... and if we don't bring in a capable vet then we certainly need to draft high IMO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/raiders-sign-tarell-brown/

There's one less vet CB the Bengals can grab now that Tarell Brown has signed with Oakland.

1) D-line - ....... Who knows...we may draft a DE high in the draft

3) Linebacker - A possible draft pick.

5) .....Hopefully Taylor Mays is healthy and contributing, and hopefully Shawn Williams will develop nicely.

6) QB -..... I personally hope they spend a 4th rounder on a high-ceiling draft pick.

7) O-line ....maybe they take someone in the draft.

And then there's AC. Yes, we all wanted to keep him. Clearly the Bengals did as well. These things happen. So, we move Whit back to LT (there are far worse things to happen), ........and take a high draft pick for depth

Thats possibly 5 of our draft picks there and that's also hoping that Mays / Williams can get and stay healthy and contribute. Also bearing in mind that Williams has been developing for 2 years now and Mays for 5 .. so we can't expect a draftee to come in a fill a gap that they may not be able to.

We certainly need to look at CB ... and if we don't bring in a capable vet then we certainly need to draft high IMO

Every NFL team operates in a world of hopefulness and "ifs" each season. That's the nature of the business. There is no sure thing.

The Bengals still have one of the most talented rosters in the league...IF several things pan out.

Somebody answer me this. Why is it that We focus more on the draft than we do in free agency, in fa we know what the player is capable of, their personality, ability in the pro's, work ethic, etc. with the draft, it' s a hit or miss. The player hasn't played a snap in the nfl, hasn't played that fast or with that calibration of players etc. there were one really good players in free agency and we didn't go after any of them. We could have brought in a great WR to help green, beefed up our online with a seasoned vet, etc. I just don't understand this teams thought process.