Zim to Vikes

HoosierCat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather lose Gruden than Zimmer if given the choice. Chances are we'll have threads like this after any successful season so the fact that our coordinators are getting called is a good thing if you're a Bengal fan. Think back to the Dave Shula days. How often were our coaches getting called by other teams?

Cleveland hasn't expressed any interest in Zim. I believe Zim would pass on Redskins HC job, he's just been around long enough to know better.

Whoever said Detroit is the likely landing spot - I agree with that.

I doubt he turn down redskins well it's not ideal zimmer just wants chance head coach,if he does leave I'd like be viks or lions I'd be happy root for either one of them

I honestly don't think that he gets a head coaching job. It's not because he couldn't be great as a head coach, he just has a few factors against him.

He's a defensive coach and the trend right now is to hire an offensive minded coach.

Zimmer is abrasive. He's honest. I actually think he's "too honest" for alot of GM's and owners.

If he goes somewhere, it'll be the Vikings. Not the Browns, not the Redskins. Even then it's a longshot.

If Zimmer goes, sounds like management will likely choose Guenther or Schwartz. Based upon their logic that they'd prefer to keep it in house, probably Guenther.

Opinions?

On Monday night Lap speculated that Guenther might go with Zim to be his DC.

Not a fan of Schwartz but only know him for the looney stuff that happened while he was in Detroit.

This might be a stretch but what about DB coach Mark Carrier?

If Zimmer goes, sounds like management will likely choose Guenther or Schwartz. Based upon their logic that they'd prefer to keep it in house, probably Guenther.

Opinions?

Not a fan of Schwartz but only know him for the looney stuff that happened while he was in Detroit.

Schwartz was a very solid DC in Tennessee. I think he'd be fine with a clearly defined role (a.k.a. not being the man determining roles for others).

Opinions?

Schwartz was a very solid DC in Tennessee. I think he'd be fine with a clearly defined role (a.k.a. not being the man determining roles for others).

Just keep Jim Harbaugh away from him, lol.

From Minny paper:
/>http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24877164/vikings-mike-zimmer-reportedly-favorite-head-coach

I just don't want to lose Zimmer. I have a feeling he's going to be a really good head coach, and I don't want him to do that somewhere else. I just don't want to look for a new DC, and none of the in-house guys seem to be anything close to Zim. He's a natural leader, and losing him will be difficult for this team.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Was hoping theyd go with offensive mind don't take our zimmer >.<,hopefully it's a ploy to get other guy sign quicker

Dammmmmmmmit we don't even get a playoff win in three years and every one be poaching our goods....