Zim to Vikes

HoosierCat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's crap that they can bring stuff up like this before a playoff game. They shouldn't be allowed to call or ask till the bengals season is over. Not saying it will distract Zim, but players seem to read a lot of tweets and such! This should be the last thing on people's minds this weekend.

That's the NfL. Sucks but at the same time he deserves a shot. Anyway I doubt it affects Zim's prep one iota.

DC interested too per CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24393352/nfl-coaching-search-whisenhunt-zimmer-popular-position-coaches-too

Oh I know he deserves a shot, I just think it's crap they call before the bengals season is over.

Worst part is they could lose Zim, Gruden, and Hue. I'm hoping Gruden goes and Hue becomes the new OC.

This year is better then ever to go far, because who knows what next year brings with new coaches

Oh I know he deserves a shot, I just think it's crap they call before the bengals season is over.

Worst part is they could lose Zim, Gruden, and Hue. I'm hoping Gruden goes and Hue becomes the new OC.

This year is better then ever to go far, because who knows what next year brings with new coaches

That's exactly what I'm thinking volcom. This may be the best shot depending on how things play out!

I think they could overcome loss of Gruden easier than Zimmer. Zim deserves a shot.

I might not mind the DC or Vikings job if I was Zimmer. Decent talent on both teams, recent playoff appearances. Kind of surprised he's not getting more love out of Houston.

Gruden getting a HC gig is a bit of a stretch at this point in his career. Not sure he can shoulder the HC job yet. Maybe. He'd be interesting to see in a place like TB. He could go get the QB he wants, build from there. Get a good DC that has some experience.

I think this organization has moved to the next level once Zimmer settled in a DC here. I believe his brutal honesty has allowed the owner and head coach to avoid previous missteps, question potential moves and quietly weed out the dead wood and energy drainers. The defensive drafts under his watch have been virtually failure free and he his expectations have elevated the play of the entire team.

I will be sorry to see him go and I believe this is the year that he goes. I prefer that he end up in the NFC but I'll be happy for him whereever he goes.

I just wonder who we would get to fill the position if he does go.

I always figured it was just a matter of time for Zimmer and would wish him well.

Wherever he goes is where I would place a good bet on MJ93 going to if they could afford him.

That being said, I don't have much thought on who his replacement should be outside of NOT wanting Schwartz.

What a complete douchebag that guy is.

Don't be so sure Zimmer leaves.

True. His son is on the staff and would probably go with his father but he may be reluctant to leave.

The longer the Bengals are playing, the more likely that most of the openings will be filled. And what's left may not be to his liking.

I mentioned it in a different thread but I think the Detroit job would be the one for Zim. He would elevate the play of the entire team and not put up with some of the BS that went on there. Kinda of like when Forrest Gregg took over here.

I think the thing that hinders him is that most HCs seem to come from the offensive side of the ball. So there is a feeling that ZIm may not have the soft skills or people skills to run a team effectively. Dungy, Parcells, Belichik and Coughlin are exceptions.

I hope he gets his shot soon but will be very happy to see him stay. My ultimate goal would be to see Marvin elevated to GM/Operations Director when Mikey officially retires and make Zim the HC here.

I know I'm probably shooting for the moon here, but for those that live in town and have a lot more coverage going on, is it even a possibility that Brown would make Zimmer an offer he can't refuse?

What about Marvin's plans? Has he hinted to anything?

Would it be a possibility of Marvin moving up and Zimmer moving to HC?

I know everyone likes to talk about Marvin moving into the front office, but I can't say as I think there's any reason to believe that will happen.

I've never heard it mentioned anywhere except on forums and among the fans who like to talk about the team.

No mention from an official article, nothing on the local news, nothing anywhere.

I think it's all just thoughts and hopes from the fanbase.

Me agreeing with it is irrelevant.

I know everyone likes to talk about Marvin moving into the front office, but I can't say as I think there's any reason to believe that will happen.

I've never heard it mentioned anywhere except on forums and among the fans who like to talk about the team.

No mention from an official article, nothing on the local news, nothing anywhere.

I think it's all just thoughts and hopes from the fanbase.

Me agreeing with it is irrelevant.

Just random dream so we dont lose zimmer

It's just funny because you see it written on almost every Bengals forum you might drop in on.

However, there has been absolutely nothing mentioned in that regard by anyone else.

I just have zero reason to believe that it a possibility until I hear someone besides a fan mention it.

Note, I didn't say I wouldn't like that to happen, because I would have no issue with it.