Andy Dalton Sucks!

HoosierCat

Interesting structure to the Cutler deal per Florio.

Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Cutler will make $54 million over the next three years, with a rolling guarantee that starts at $17.5 million upon signing, increases to $38 million on March 14, 2014, moves to $48 million in March 2015, and caps out at $54 million in March 2016.

The deal contains no signing bonus, creating a pay-as-you-go series of cap charges for the Bears, based only on his base salaries.

In 2014, Cutler will earn a base salary of $22.5 million. In 2015, the base salary is $15.5 million. In 2016, it increases to $16 million.

After 2016, the deal becomes a year-to-year, no-cap-hit proposition, with salaries of $12.5 million in 2017, $13.5 million in 2018, $17.5 million in 2019, and $19.2 million in 2020. In each of those four seasons, Cutler earns $156,250 for each game he appears on the active roster, for a maximum additional earnings of $2.5 million per year and $10 million over four.

Thus, he’ll get the full $126.7 million only if he’s on the active roster for every game from 2017 through 2020.

The contract also has an annual de-escalator of $500,000 based on participating in the offseason workout program. If he fails to show up, the base salary reduces accordingly.

It’s a real three-year, $54 million contract, with a team-held option at lower rates for each of the next four years.

If that's really the structure of the deal then I don't see how they can say it's $50mill guaranteed

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F**K Dalton. Played like a scared little pu%%y all day, just like the last two wildcard games.

The Boston writer sure was right about him and Marvin. Two clowns.

God, they're right. We need to start owning it and admitting it. It's the only way we get out of it. The jokes on us. People aren't hating on us when we prove them right. Everything about this team from the owner to the fans is a big joke. It's a punch line. Let's own it. Maybe we'll move on from that label.

Shannon Sharpe bashing Dalton again!

This is the game and the year to do this fellas!

WHO DEY!!!!

Sharpe and all the other Dalton bashers have every reason to do exactly that until Dalton wins a playoff game. He brings it on himself

I worry though that the bengals are set on Dalton, and to me that's a problem! I wanted him to succed so bad, but he is just not trust worthy.

Problem is there will be nobody there at 23, and I don't know of a FA that will be there. It's a depressing time right now, I'm just not sure antthing will be done

And watching the QB I wanted, Kaepernick, lead SF to win over Rogers and GB on the road makes my head ache even more.

OK, blow it up. They have the talent to withstand giving away most of their draft to go get Bridgewater. QB is now the key. Cannot expect Dalton to improve enough to win games under pressure like today. He's just not good enough. He doesn't read defenses, recognize and adjust. He does not have enough arm, touch or technique. He is not going to grow to be Brees or Rogers.

Giving him one more year compromises the potential of the other elite players on this team. It's not easy, and its not "nice" but it's football and it's a business.

Time to be bold and get the final, biggest and most important component in this machine. The current QB part does not yield enough.

Trade day one and day two for the #1 pick and get Bridgewater.

That's about all I care to contribute here today.

Dalton can't be the QB any more. No.

As frustrating as it was and as emotional as we are, the QB situation is NOT going to change, per Marvin, and Marvin will stay.

For me, it's a hobby and a sport. I will NOT change teams just because we haven't won a playoff game.

I am NOT a fair weather fan, or a bandwagon fan!

I will follow personnel changes as they occur in the offseason, the draft, and the OTAs, and root for the Reds in April.

I try to stay positive whenever I want to throw a pity party for myself about anything! What helps me is I try to look at someone, something, or a situation that is much worse than mine!

I was a Browns fan until the Bengals came to town in 1968, and my dad and I switched to the Bengals. I could very well still be a Browns fan! :eek:/>

Dalton and Lewis are lame ducks. There is nothing to do other than watch this fizzle out and die. There is no more excuses or pieces to be added. This what we have to look at. Either we suck it up and enjoy "just good enough to almost make it" or you turn your attention to other activities in life. Either are ok choices.

It is what it is.

As frustrating as it was and as emotional as we are, the QB situation is NOT going to change, per Marvin, and Marvin will stay.

For me, it's a hobby and a sport. I will NOT change teams just because we haven't won a playoff game.

I will follow personnel changes as they occur in the offseason, the draft, and the OTAs, and root for the Reds in April.

I try to stay positive whenever I want to throw a pity party for myself about anything! What helps me is I try to look at someone, something, or a situation that is much worse than mine!

I was a Browns fan until the Bengals came to town in 1968, and my dad and I switched to the Bengals. I could very well still be a Browns fan! :eek:/>/>/>

Sure. That's fine.

Part of what happens on this board is criticism and debate on all manner of team items. Players, coaches, schemes, draft, blah blah blah.

I only see a few emotional fans tossing in the proverbial towel but they'll be back. Few bandwagon fans on this board, have a look at most of the join dates. Mine is August of 2003.

Anyone can find solace in a situation worse than theirs. That's a defeatist loser attitude. Sorry. Heck, we could dead so at least we have that.

The speculation of what happens next is something I really enjoy. Confronting the reality with Dalton must be done. It's the management that has to do it, and its something which most of us here will be watching very closely. I have my thoughts on how they can get over the hump. I'd love to hear yours, and its not to simply point North and say "at least we are not Cleveland" cause that's no solution at all.

Dalton and Lewis are lame ducks. There is nothing to do other than watch this fizzle out and die. There is no more excuses or pieces to be added. This what we have to look at. Either we suck it up and enjoy "just good enough to almost make it" or you turn your attention to other activities in life. Either are ok choices.

It is what it is.

Well said cincy. I mean I have other priorities in my life than football and outside of post game frustration, I refuse to let a football team or game steal my joy and priorities, but that's just me.

Agreed Willy, hard decisions have to be made.

If the FO refuses to make them, we are in for a slow decline until a 3 or 4 win season forces the changes that should be made now. I don't want them to go that route, though history indicates they will.

I'll tell you my big thing is get rid of Gruden!!!! Chargers said to a reporter that they knew what plays the offense was going to run. Sounds to me like Gruden once again came up with a crappy gameplan.

Get rid of Gruden and give Hue the OC! Gruden promised a lot and havnt see a lot from him. If Dalton must stay and start then let Hue give a shot with him, Gruden can't figure out how to use him.

I was a Browns fan until the Bengals came to town in 1968, and my dad and I switched to the Bengals. I could very well still be a Browns fan! :eek:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Sure. That's fine.

Part of what happens on this board is criticism and debate on all manner of team items. Players, coaches, schemes, draft, blah blah blah.

I only see a few emotional fans tossing in the proverbial towel but they'll be back. Few bandwagon fans on this board, have a look at most of the join dates. Mine is August of 2003.

Anyone can find solace in a situation worse than theirs. That's a defeatist loser attitude. Sorry. Heck, we could dead so at least we have that.

The speculation of what happens next is something I really enjoy. Confronting the reality with Dalton must be done. It's the management that has to do it, and its something which most of us here will be watching very closely. I have my thoughts on how they can get over the hump. I'd love to hear yours, and its not to simply point North and say "at least we are not Cleveland" cause that's no solution at all.

First of all it's not a defeatist attitude, because I'll be darn if I'm going to let a football game or team be my number one priority and dictate my life!

Having an opinion on what should be done and not done, changes in personnel, players, strategies etc is fine and expected.

But I also know that regardless of 'what' I think, or 'what' you think, will have no bearing whatsoever on what is truly done, unless you have the inside with management, because I can tell you that I do not!

So, bottom line is, what difference does it make what you or I think, because it won't change a thing!

(BTW nobody dies, our bodies shut down, but we will all live forever in one of two places, so being dead can either be the best or the worst.......just saying)

I made mention of what would happen should the Bengals lose this game and here we are.

I will say that I really hate Andy Dalton right now. REALLY. HATE.

I would really love to punch him right in that face with that sh*tty look he has after throwing an INT.

That being said, he's not going anywhere for at least the coming season.

This year was on him and I think they have a very good idea of what he will be.

Better than average, but not good enough.

However, i'm simply left with one question.

Knowing Dalton stays, what does the team do next ??

I vote for firing Gruden. Not sometime today. Not sometime tomorrow. Right the f*ck t-NOW.

Might as well give Dalton a shot with another OC to see if something can be done.

That being said, the schedule of first place teams next year should be the decision maker for the organization.

It should be the last chance given for Dalton to show he can pull this off.

Sadly, I don't think he will and will end up wasting another season.

Can anyone say with any bit of certainty that the draft will bring solutions to the Bengals problems ??

Again, knowing Dalton isn't going anywhere ??

I'm not all boo-hoo'ing either. I'm being dead serious.

I acknowledge Dalton is staying and am curious where they go from here ??

If there is a time to shake things up with the coaching staff, now is the time in my opinion.

That has nothing to do with being angry either and i'm with Greg about this not being the "be all, end all".

It's frustrating and I don't blame anyone for being pissed, but it is what it is. Another season of being a Bengals fan.

Nice having the Zone and all of you to discuss it with.

Thanks for a fun season with you guys !!!

I made mention of what would happen should the Bengals lose this game and here we are.

I will say that I really hate Andy Dalton right now. REALLY. HATE.

I would really love to punch him right in that face with that sh*tty look he has after throwing an INT.

That being said, he's not going anywhere for at least the coming season.

This year was on him and I think they have a very good idea of what he will be.

Better than average, but not good enough.

However, i'm simply left with one question.

Knowing Dalton stays, what does the team do next ??

I vote for firing Gruden. Not sometime today. Not sometime tomorrow. Right the f*ck t-NOW.

Might as well give Dalton a shot with another OC to see if something can be done.

That being said, the schedule of first place teams next year should be the decision maker for the organization.

It should be the last chance given for Dalton to show he can pull this off.

Sadly, I don't think he will and will end up wasting another season.

Can anyone say with any bit of certainty that the draft will bring solutions to the Bengals problems ??

Again, knowing Dalton isn't going anywhere ??

I'm not all boo-hoo'ing either. I'm being dead serious.

I acknowledge Dalton is staying and am curious where they go from here ??

If there is a time to shake things up with the coaching staff, now is the time in my opinion.

That has nothing to do with being angry either and i'm with Greg about this not being the "be all, end all".

It's frustrating and I don't blame anyone for being pissed, but it is what it is. Another season of being a Bengals fan.

Nice having the Zone and all of you to discuss it with.

Thanks for a fun season with you guys !!!

I know everyone is mad at Dalton, and I know your just kidding about punching him in the face, but I sure hope realize that this is just a game. Im really hoping fans have enough common sense not to do stupid things to him his or his house. Just listening to what fans did to the Texans QB Matt Shaub just makes me sick. Sometimes I think people forget that this is just a game, and there are other things to worry about in life, then the QB of your favorite football team. Like I said I know that's not you Army, but I just hope bengals fans keep calm.

Now with that said Dalton was horrible, and is so inconsistent and he has been all year. Marvin said Dalton is the bengals, so he is not going anywhere, which is why I said I think Hue should be the new OC, and fire Gruden now!

With that said and all the hate on Dalton, im throwing hate on the whole team. The o-line looked like crap most of the game, couldn't protect Andy when needed too, running the ball came kind of hard even though Gruden never sticks with it.

AJ Green drops a nicely dropped ball which would have been a TD or close to it, as much as I love AJ he does drop the ball in big moments!

The defense was crap today, gave up over 190 rushing yards, there was no pressure what so ever on Rivers. This so called 3rd ranked defense once again in big moments sucked!!

I think the biggest story here is Marvin Lewis still can not get his team to perform in big games, on all sides of the ball. Its been happening ever since he has been here and it still goes on. He decided to change this team, player coaches, but one thing still remains he cant win the big game. So the question here is, what is wrong with Marvin, why do his teams under perform in these huge games. It makes me sick!!