Andy Dalton Sucks!

HoosierCat

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo what Airborne just said.

If a hypothetical person was okay with Favre's picks in light of his overall success, then they should be with Andy as well. Because, even with the INTs, Andy was wildly productive running this offense this year.

A guy with Favre's arm is making plays that Dalton can't. It's like in MLB, you tolerate BBs from guys who miss bats but not so much from soft throwers. As for the NFL, Dalton doesn't make the play that A-Rod did to win the game yesterday for the Packers.. If a guy makes a few of those then you can live with a few of the INTs

Agree to disagree!

It can be crucial 'when' the picks are done! Ask Peyton about his 'across the body' interception that took his team out of the playoffs last year! I'd bet he would trade a 20 interception regular season for that one pick back against Baltimore.

Everybody in the Bengal forum gave birth to cows when Andy threw his first red zone pick this year across the body, and here the oldest vet in the league does it in a playoff game to take his team out of the playoffs!

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the NFL, Dalton doesn't make the play that A-Rod did to win the game yesterday for the Packers.

I mentioned that very play earlier today.

People want to say "If Green weren't so wide open, Dalton doesn't make that throw", but Randall Cobb did the same thing and all you hear is how Rodgers made the throw of the century. It's total bullsh*t. My little sister could have thrown that pass to Randall Cobb yesterday with the same result.

Rodgers was a dog until he won the Super Bowl, then he is now one of the elites.

Brees couldn't win the big one despite all of his gaudy numbers every year. Once he did he is now another of the elites.

Manning was Brady's lapdog until he finally won. But he has been one and done four of the last five years. Yet he is the standard bearer for all QBs.

All of the above have had their share of misfortunes along the way but will forever get the free pass since they have a SB ring. And honestly I would take Brady or Ben over any of the above mentioned during crunch time. And maybe even Rivers too. I think they have clearer heads than the rest during the pressure situations.

So until ol' Andy wins a playoff game, then gets them to the Super Bowl and wins one, he will always have to deal with this. He is slowly becoming the AFC's version of Romo. But I think he has more upside than Romo and I believe he will continue to get better.

As for the NFL, Dalton doesn't make the play that A-Rod did to win the game yesterday for the Packers.

People want to say "If Green weren't so wide open, Dalton doesn't make that throw", but Randall Cobb did the same thing and all you hear is how Rodgers made the throw of the century. It's total bullsh*t. My little sister could have thrown that pass to Randall Cobb yesterday with the same result.

Your little sister couldn't have avoided the rush to get in position to find Cobb. That takes athletic ability that I haven't seen from Dalton.

How many guys in here have played touch football as kids or even young adults? How many have thrown the ball in touch games and realize how difficult it is to put the right touch on the ball that so many QBs do in the NFL? It's not as easy as it looks is it?

Andy attempted 586 passes this year, completed 363, and 20 interceptions. Of those 363 completions, how many times did he put the ball in the perfect spot it had to be in order for the catch to be made and it NOT be intercepted? I think those numbers, even with the 20 interceptions, are pretty darn good!

Your little sister couldn't have avoided the rush to get in position to find Cobb. That takes athletic ability that I haven't seen from Dalton.

Come on Sea!! Are you sure you aren't a troll from the Bengals forum?

Rodgers was a dog until he won the Super Bowl, then he is now one of the elites.

Brees couldn't win the big one despite all of his gaudy numbers every year. Once he did he is now another of the elites.

Manning was Brady's lapdog until he finally won. But he has been one and done four of the last five years. Yet he is the standard bearer for all QBs.

All of the above have had their share of misfortunes along the way but will forever get the free pass since they have a SB ring. So until o' Andy wins a playoff game, then gets them to the Super Bowl and wins one, he will always have to deal with this. He is slowly becoming the AFC's version of Romo. But I think he has more upside than Romo and I believe he will continue to get better.

Don't forget Matt Ryan. Took four attempts to win a playoff game, even though those 4 years the Falcons had the best combined season record in the NFL. Until he wins a SB, he will be nothing.

Like I said, with those standards what difference does it make if you lose playoff game number 1, or lose the SB 21-20?

Ask the Bills and Vikings what their claim to fame is?

I've got a long record around here. I'm no Dalton basher. If you think Dalton has Aaron Rodgers athletic ability, fine. Put it on the table and we'll discuss it

With Kuhn throwing that block she could. That's what made the whole play possible. He doesn't wipe out Peppers, Rogers likely ends up on the turf.

Team game, folks, team game.

I've got a long record around here. I'm no Dalton basher. If you think Dalton has Aaron Rodgers athletic ability, fine. Put it on the table and we'll discuss it

What difference does it make? Will it change how the Bengals play Sunday? Next Sunday? Next year?

That's why I left the Bengals forum Sea!! I was joking with the troll comment and no disrespect intended whatsoever, and if it was taken as offense, I sincerely apologize, but I don't debate this stuff because it's pointless!

I will chime in on topics and give opinions, but they are just that .... opinions and everyone has one!

My opinion will not have ANY affect whatsoever on what the Bengals do from Paul Brown to the guy who parks cars at the stadium....never been there, assuming they have someone like that!

I am the kind of person who would answer like Marvin, when the media asked him if he was going to watch the Patriots game. He said, "No, because he has no control over what happens there!"

Same for me here!

I'm not saying you are bashing Dalton by any stretch, but I think you are making a poor argument using that throw by Rodgers.

He side stepped the rush and lofted the ball to a wide open Cobb after a blown assignment.

Question his decision making at times and I will jump into agreement.

Gruden plays a part in that and all you hear is how great of a head coach he will be.

I'm not saying you are bashing Dalton by any stretch, but I think you are making a poor argument using that throw by Rodgers.

He side stepped the rush and lofted the ball to a wide open Cobb after a blown assignment.

Gruden plays a part in that and all you hear is how great of a head coach he will be.

So we're in agreement that Dalton had poor judgement in throwing the ball into coverage on 1st and ten...but you disagree when I say that Rodgers athletic ability allows him to make plays that Dalton can't? Really? You take issue with that?

So we're in agreement that Dalton had poor judgement in throwing the ball into coverage on 1st and ten...but you disagree when I say that Rodgers athletic ability allows him to make plays that Dalton can't? Really? You take issue with that?

Jamarcus Russel had the athletic ability to make plays that Dalton can't. The point that I was trying to make, and one I think most people would agree with, is that you shouldn't have a greater tolerance for bone-headed INTs that lose games just so long as the QB has athletic ability. This is a nonsense argument. Carson Palmer had better throwing skills than Dalton, but I would not (and was not) any less hard on him for all those game killing INTs he threw. The comparisons to Rogers do not make any sense in this context because he isn't particularly known for throwing INTs constantly and having to make up for them with a big arm.

A much better comparison QB is Matthew Stafford. He has a team around him that has similar strengths to Andy's and is considered a big armed QB with a lot of physical talent. By the argument I'm seeing made, he should be given a pass on all the turnovers he had in the second half of the season because he's so physically gifted, while Andy is suspect because of his INT numbers and his lack of the same physicality. I think this is utter nonsense because one of these two QBs lead his team to the playoffs despite the turnovers, and the other lead his team out of the playoffs in large part because of them.

In the end, who gives a s**t if Stafford is the "more physically gifted" QB when he personally helped lead his team straight to the couch in January? Why should Lion's fans give him a pass on his INTs that helped sink the season just because he's got a big arm?

Jamarcus Russel had the athletic ability to make plays that Dalton can't. The point that I was trying to make, and one I think most people would agree with, is that you shouldn't have a greater tolerance for bone-headed INTs that lose games just so long as the QB has athletic ability. This is a nonsense argument. Carson Palmer had better throwing skills than Dalton, but I would not (and was not) any less hard on him for all those game killing INTs he threw. The comparisons to Rogers do not make any sense in this context because he isn't particularly known for throwing INTs constantly and having to make up for them with a big arm.

A much better comparison QB is Matthew Stafford. He has a team around him that has similar strengths to Andy's and is considered a big armed QB with a lot of physical talent. By the argument I'm seeing made, he should be given a pass on all the turnovers he had in the second half of the season because he's so physically gifted, while Andy is suspect because of his INT numbers and his lack of the same physicality. I think this is utter nonsense because one of these two QBs lead his team to the playoffs despite the turnovers, and the other lead his team out of the playoffs in large part because of them.

In the end, who gives a s**t if Stafford is the "more physically gifted" QB when he personally helped lead his team straight to the couch in January? Why should Lion's fans give him a pass on his INTs that helped sink the season just because he's got a big arm?

Can somebody....anybody......just one person......recognize this for what it is...........because I'm tired of listing it in here, and it speaks volumes to the subject of interceptions....especially costly interceptions! It shows that even one of the best QBs, who is currently the oldest active veteran among the best, can make bonehead interceptions that not only cost them the game, but also costs them the championship!

Yes, once again I bring up the pick Manning threw last year, against Baltimore, in the playoffs, across his body, that killed, what could have been a winning drive for Denver!!

Can I get at least ONE AMEN??????? :frustrated:/>/>

The main comparison wasn't Stafford or Rodgers but Favre. I think we can all agree that Favre is a Hall of Famer, threw too many INTs and that we have no business saying Dalton and Hall of Fame right now.

Can somebody....anybody......just one person......recognize this for what it is...........because I'm tired of listing it in here, and it speaks volumes to the subject of interceptions....especially costly interceptions! It shows that even one of the best QBs, who is currently the oldest active veteran among the best, can make bonehead interceptions that not only cost them the game, but also costs them the championship!

Yes, once again I bring up the pick Manning threw last year, against Baltimore, in the playoffs, across his body, that killed, what could have been a winning drive for Denver!!

Can I get at least ONE AMEN??????? :frustrated:/>/>/>

Oh I'm with you Greg, make no mistake. Any and every QB can throw costly INTs. I just think Matty Stafford is the better example because his turnovers were high, like Andy's, and the build of his team is a lot like what Andy has to work with. This gives us the best direct comparison between the "physically limited" Dalton and a "Big arm'd QB" like Stafford. And it's not just a sentiment carried by some Bengal's fans either, I've seen plenty of sports writers (most, maybe even all) constantly tout Stafford as an amazing QB with immense physical talent while marginalizing Andy in the same breath because of his turnovers this year. This all seems to ignore the elephant in the room. Dalton's playing in the playoffs and Stafford's ass is at home and a big part of that reason is Stafford himself.

Team game, folks, team game.

The only worthwhile comment in this thread as far as I can tell.

Other than COB's observation on TJs dead gramma, of course. Really, TJ, her inefficiency is startling.

The main comparison wasn't Stafford or Rodgers but Favre. I think we can all agree that Favre is a Hall of Famer, threw too many INTs and that we have no business saying Dalton and Hall of Fame right now.

Indeed, but I think that comparison is apples and oranges at this point because one had a bazilliondy years in the league and the other is in his rookie contract. I do think that the three year Andy-Farve comparison is worth looking at, but only in that context. Bringing up Farve's tenure and accomplishments seems like a red herring. Since the crux of some arguments hinges on what a "physically gifted" QB should be allowed to get a pass on over a "physically limited" QB should, I think Stafford is the best Apples to Apples comparison that can be made, as it controls for the greatest number of other factors surrounding the QB, such as rules, team build and talent, similar age/experience, state of the respective organizations, ect.

Indeed, but I think that comparison is apples and oranges at this point because one had a bazilliondy years in the league and the other is in his rookie contract. I do think that the three year Andy-Farve comparison is worth looking at, but only in that context. Bringing up Farve's tenure and accomplishments seems like a red herring. Since the crux of some arguments hinges on what a "physically gifted" QB should be allowed to get a pass on over a "physically limited" QB should, I think Stafford is the best Apples to Apples comparison that can be made, as it controls for the greatest number of other factors surrounding the QB, such as rules, team build and talent, similar age/experience, state of the respective organizations, ect.

Thank you Airborne! Sea Ray, I said it before and I'll say it again, the comparison I posted was NOT comparing a retired Hall of Famer Brett Favre, and an 3rd year Andy Dalton, it was comparing a third year Brett Favre, and a third year Andy Dalton!

As for the rest of it, I know you hate dalton, part of why I took a hiatus from the board was not warning to fight over it. .

I don't hate Dalton, and I don't understand how pointing out his obvious inconsistencies can be interpreted as hate. He frustrates me when he looks like he did against the Browns game 1 this year and when he plays the way he played a couple games in November this year. He is obviously a decent person and a very good teammate. I truly hated having Chad on this team, this situation is nothing like that.

I've said it before, I was a blind homer when it came to Palmer. Never again. He was a pick throwing machine those last couple years and was not a leader. I accept Bengals players for what they are, nothing more, nothing less. I'm pretty heroic that way. (Takes deep bow)

I am intrigued by your views, Airborne, and will be signing up for your newsletter.

Thanks Mem, I publish quarterly under the title "The Mind of an Airborne Soldier: How Deep Does the Bulls**t Go?"

Sea, I never made the comment about Dalton having the athletic ability that Rodgers has, even though Dalton doesn't get many opportunities to do so.

However, do you see him running the "read option" against the Ravens Sunday ?? He looked just fine making positive plays there.

My concern was saying that Dalton couldn't have made the simple throw that Rodgers made Sunday due to his perceived lack of athletic ability.

Dalton got bashed for throwing a 52 yard TD because he couldn't have done it without Green getting so wide open.

Rodgers did the exact same thing when Cobb came wide open on broken coverage and Rodgers was the savior of the season.

I concur with Airborne's assessment on the previous page.