Andy Dalton Sucks!

HoosierCat

For f**kssake, I never said dalton was Favre or would have his career or be in the hall of fame. I made a general observation about what Dalton's relative gambling style reminded me of, and when looking at favre's career numbers was surprised by how well Dalton's line up so far.

Beyond that, I give the f**k up and will go back to reading only on the board.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For f**kssake, I never said dalton was Favre or would have his career or be in the hall of fame. I made a general observation about what Dalton's relative gambling style reminded me of, and when looking at favre's career numbers was surprised by how well Dalton's line up so far.

I'm the one membengal who put the three year comparison between the 2. Sea just misunderstood it. I was not comparing a third year Dalton to a retired Hall of Fame QB, I was comparing a third year Dalton to a third year Favre.

I think he gets that now!

This was posted on Lance McAlister's blog today and if I were the Bengals it would fire me up good.

"Here's how the Patriots win in playoffs

Boston Globe

If you want to see the Patriots advance to the AFC Championship game in Denver, you root for the Bengals to beat the Chargers in Cincinnati Sunday afternoon. OK, the Bengals are talented, they went 8-0 at home, and they beat the Patriots this season. But at the all-important positions of head coach and quarterback, they have the two individuals least-equipped to beat the Patriots at Gillette in a playoff game.

Say hello to Bengals coach Marvin Lewis and QB Andy Dalton — twin tomato cans ripe for the kicking.

To beat any Patriot team in Foxborough in January, you need two things: You need a coach who is not afraid of Bill Belichick and you need an elite (or at least semi-elite) quarterback. Lewis and Dalton would be just what the doctor ordered for the Patriots.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz2p4gUXVpk"

I think my dead gramma will work harder during this offseason so she is more ready to handle her on the field responsibilities

sorry guys

I hope she understands the importance of showing up in football condition next season. Mikey Brown might be okay with character issue types and out-of-shape corpses, but Marvin's not going to put up with it. Otherwise we're gonna see her on TV talking about how some team should pick her up in FA because "she can still contribute".

I think my dead gramma will work harder during this offseason so she is more ready to handle her on the field responsibilities

sorry guys

And you should be TJ.

I mean at some point you have to shoulder some responsibility for having her ready to go.

Get it together brother or we will have to find a necrophiliac to provide the proper motivation for her.

I really don't see where all the fuss is about. I don't see where there's much disagreement and I sure don't get where where anyone would huff out of the room. We all agree that Dalton is not Brett Favre, is better than Matt Stafford (at this point) and is better than Palmer post Kimo. I guess some disagree with me when I say that I doubt Dalton could have escaped the rush and made the play that A Rodgers did but so what? That's just a judgement and we disagree a little. What's worth all the emotion?

ah now that was just un-called for

(although it did make me laugh. I guess I am a terrible grandson)

I was shooting for at least a chuckle and got the laugh.

Way to egg me on TJ !!

It might also be the first time "necrophiliac" has been used in the forum.

I'm pretty proud.

I actually think it is the way we should start referring to fans in Cleveland. Everyone of the teams they have are DOA at the start of the season. The best necrophiliac base in all the land.

I just hope Dalton and Marvin handle the pressure better than I am before this game. This whole season has basically come down to this. Can Marv and Andy win a playoff game? Then we'll graduate to can they win the Super Bowl. I believe they can. I will always believe the "experts" have an axe to grind with Dalton because he has outplayed all of the QB's in the 2011 Class. Which none have produced more than Dalton. Which honestly. When you look at all of the QB's they ranked higher than Dalton.Makes them look less like experts.

Cincinnati 31

San Diego 13

sorry guys

And you should be TJ.

I mean at some point you have to shoulder some responsibility for having her ready to go.

Get it together brother or we will have to find a necrophiliac to provide the proper motivation for her.

I dont want to be munged when I die.... >~<

I just hope Dalton and Marvin handle the pressure better than I am before this game. This whole season has basically come down to this. Can Marv and Andy win a playoff game? Then we'll graduate to can they win the Super Bowl. I believe they can. I will always believe the "experts" have an axe to grind with Dalton because he has outplayed all of the QB's in the 2011 Class. Which none have produced more than Dalton. Which honestly. When you look at all of the QB's they ranked higher than Dalton.Makes them look less like experts.

Cincinnati 31

San Diego 13

I think this is right. I mean, how can all those experts be wrong?

Dalton has enough game to beat SD, and go to NE and beat the Pats. Question I see as the looming dark cloud is going to Denver.

All this comes to happen, I will bet now that the media will point to the Bengals D as the "real" reason, no matter how Dalton plays. Because it fits the media's narrative of a dominant D propping up an average, game manager QB to win the SB.

Maybe the person this bothers the least is Dalton. And maybe that's what makes him suitable for this job.

I think it's a fair comparison in terms of style of play and make-up/athletic ability etc.., etc.., Although Favre went through a six year stretch in the early 90's where he only threw more than 14 INT's twice, whereas Dalton has already surpassed 14 INT's 2 out of the 3 years he's played. But if he's throwing 28-33 Td's a year, that happens, yet he's still someone who needs to find a way to quit making so many bad throws and poor decisions his 3rd year in the league...just too many mistakes still and tends to hold the team back on the road in particular.

Just for kicks and giggles, I put the first 3 year stats together of some of the current NFL QBs:

Rankings per Category for First Full 3 Seasons of Play:

Completion Percentage

1. Fat Ben - 62.9%

2. Rivers - 62.4%

3. Brady - 62.6%

4. Flacco - 61.9%

5. Brees - 61.3%

6. Dalton - 60.8%

7. P. Manning - 60.4%

8. E. Manning - 55.3%

Total Yards

1. P. Manning - 12287

2. Dalton - 11363

3. Rivers - 10549

4. E. Manning- 10342

5. Brady - 10227

6. Flacco - 10206

7. Brees - 8551

8. Fat Ben - 8492

TDs

1. P. Manning - 85

2. Dalton - 80

3. Rivers - 77

4. E. Manning - 71

5. Brady - 69

6. Flacco - 60

8. Brees - 45

8. Fat Ben - 43

Interceptions (Fewest First)

1. Flacco - 34

2. Rivers - 35

3. Brady - 38

4. Brees - 38

5. Fat Ben - 43

6. Dalton - 49

7. E. Manning - 55

8. P. Manning - 58

I would say Andy is hanging in there.

Just for kicks and giggles, I put the first 3 year stats together of some of the current NFL QBs:

Completion Percentage

1. Fat Ben - 62.9%

2. Rivers - 62.4%

3. Brady - 62.6%

4. Flacco - 61.9%

5. Brees - 61.3%

6. Dalton - 60.8%

7. P. Manning - 60.4%

8. E. Manning - 55.3%

Total Yards

1. P. Manning - 12287

2. Dalton - 11363

3. Rivers - 10549

4. E. Manning- 10342

5. Brady - 10227

6. Flacco - 10206

7. Brees - 8551

8. Fat Ben - 8492

TDs

1. P. Manning - 85

2. Dalton - 80

3. Rivers - 77

4. E. Manning - 71

5. Brady - 69

6. Flacco - 60

7. Fat Ben - 8492

8. Brees - 45

1. Flacco - 34

2. Rivers - 35

3. Brady - 38

4. Brees - 38

5. Fat Ben - 43

6. Dalton - 49

7. E. Manning - 55

8. P. Manning - 58

Just more proof that the excessive hand wringing done by some about Dalton has been for not, at least they may have relieved some arthritic pain. I have said since he finished last year better than the year before (and did it again this year also) that he is better than OK and could be the best here since Kenny. For me to say that means something, because Kenny is one of the best I have ever seen play the game.

I rate QB's taking into consideration the era in which they played like this

P. Manning (best football IQ)

J. Montana (Mr. Clutch)

Marino (best/biggest arm with touch I've seen)

Kenny (revolutionized the QB position with brains, arm and football IQ)

J. Kelly (could make any throw)

T. Brady (best cheating system)

Honorable mention to J. Kelly, D. Fouts, W. Moon and B. Favre.

That's my top ten and Dalton's first three years compare well with the two contemporaries on that list. That makes me very happy with the current Bengals QB.

As they say in Hollywood "lick me all over till I shine like a trout."

Completion Percentage

1. Fat Ben - 62.9%

2. Rivers - 62.4%

3. Brady - 62.6%

4. Flacco - 61.9%

5. Brees - 61.3%

6. Dalton - 60.8%

7. P. Manning - 60.4%

8. E. Manning - 55.3%

Total Yards

1. P. Manning - 12287

2. Dalton - 11363

3. Rivers - 10549

4. E. Manning- 10342

5. Brady - 10227

6. Flacco - 10206

7. Brees - 8551

8. Fat Ben - 8492

TDs

1. P. Manning - 85

2. Dalton - 80

3. Rivers - 77

4. E. Manning - 71

5. Brady - 69

6. Flacco - 60

7. Fat Ben - 8492

8. Brees - 45

1. Flacco - 34

2. Rivers - 35

3. Brady - 38

4. Brees - 38

5. Fat Ben - 43

6. Dalton - 49

7. E. Manning - 55

8. P. Manning - 58

As they say in Hollywood "lick me all over till I shine like a trout."

Uh. What...?

Completion Percentage

1. Fat Ben - 62.9%

2. Rivers - 62.4%

3. Brady - 62.6%

4. Flacco - 61.9%

5. Brees - 61.3%

6. Dalton - 60.8%

7. P. Manning - 60.4%

8. E. Manning - 55.3%

Total Yards

1. P. Manning - 12287

2. Dalton - 11363

3. Rivers - 10549

4. E. Manning- 10342

5. Brady - 10227

6. Flacco - 10206

7. Brees - 8551

8. Fat Ben - 8492

TDs

1. P. Manning - 85

2. Dalton - 80

3. Rivers - 77

4. E. Manning - 71

5. Brady - 69

6. Flacco - 60

7. Fat Ben - 8492

8. Brees - 45

1. Flacco - 34

2. Rivers - 35

3. Brady - 38

4. Brees - 38

5. Fat Ben - 43

6. Dalton - 49

7. E. Manning - 55

8. P. Manning - 58

I gotta admit, that TD total from Fat Ben is quite impressive. :sure:

I gotta admit, that TD total from Fat Ben is quite impressive. thumbsup3.gif

He averaged exactly one yard per TD pass. laugh.gif

In fairness to Andy, his numbers stand up quite well to the top guys in their first three years. Time to get over the hump on Sunday.

For those wondering what the Dalton might get in a new contract, the Bears just signed Jay Cutler to a 7 year extension. Cutler's career rating is 84.6 vs. 85.7 for Andy so there is some parallel, tho Jay is older (30). Waiting on the numbers...

ETA ...info begins to trickle in. First report says deal averages $18 million a year over the first three years. No word yet on guaranteed coin which of course is what counts...

Dalton's QB game ratings in nationally televised games (Monday night, Sunday night, Thursday night, playoffs):

51.4 (2011 playoff game) loss

65.3 (2012) loss

56.4 (2012) loss

74.2 (2012) win

44.7 (2012 playoff game) loss

81.7 (2013) win

55.4 (2013) loss

86.4 (2013) loss

well, well below his career average. He's been a little better this year, but started pretty slow in those two 80+ games. As stated many times, the Bengals really need Dalton to start games strong because this is not an offense that can change a game's momentum.

team won only 2 out of the 8 games