Camp Begins

HoosierCat

Team and local media get in spat at practice today, all presumably right in front of the Hard Knocks cameras. Normally moribund Bengals PR department managed to step in and find a solution after the media declared a boycott of practice.

Details man! Details!

Team and local media get in spat at practice today, all presumably right in front of the Hard Knocks cameras. Normally moribund Bengals PR department managed to step in and find a solution after the media declared a boycott of practice.

Details man! Details!

The Bengals, claiming they were just trying to reduce sidelin collisions (which I don't recall ever being a problem) decided to limit the press to three locations with crappy views of the practice field. The press responded by boycotting the first hour of practice and taking to twitter to bitch about the new policy. Bengals PR, which must have figured that "the team versus the media" wasn't a story line they wanted on HBO, interceded and got the restrictions lifted for photos so at least they could get some good pictures. At that point the reporters called off their strike.

Dumbassery all around (press included) if you ask me. Fortunately as drama goes its pretty minor.

Be sure to follow @JustBeWarned for great live tweets from camp

Also @AndrewFoxMiller. The CJ guys killed it yesterday and will be back at camp again today. I know I sound like a pimp for CJ ( I don't write for josh any longer, tho) but they really give you more of the action than you get from reedy or Hobson. Highly recommended.

Andre Smith just tweeted that he's been clered to practice. On a related note, based on this pic...

/>https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewFoxMiller/status/361578758513238017/photo/1

...I am considering retiring the nickname "Moobs" in favor of "Gilligan."

In news that will no doubt send ShulaSteahouse straight into the nearest bar, Gruden says Kyle Cook has the inside track on the starting center job.

/>http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/bengals/entries/2013/07/29/cook_with_early_edge_in_battle.html/

I don't really have a problem with either of these two guys "earning" the starters spot.

My problem is having two guys I don't think much of.

Cook might know the offense like the back of his hand, but he knows the field from being on his back.

He just hasn't shown the physicality from the center position I think we need.

I don't know, maybe i'm watching a different Cook...

I don't really have a problem with either of these two guys "earning" the starters spot.

My problem is having two guys I don't think much of.

Cook might know the offense like the back of his hand, but he knows the field from being on his back.

He just hasn't shown the physicality from the center position I think we need.

I don't know, maybe i'm watching a different Cook...

No, your watching the same Cook. Two words - Paul Alexander.

As mentioned in the Dunlap extension thread, he's out for a while with a concussion, probably will miss the first preseason game

And now DT Brandon Thompson is out for a few weeks as well

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/7/31/4575288/brandon-thompson-will-miss-a-few-weeks-with-a-sprained-knee/in/4321331

Add that the Green's knee......injuries already mounting.......and its waaaaaay early