Zimmer, Gruden Preping for HC Interviews

HoosierCat

Be careful what you wish for. We could go back to the days of Shula and LeBeau

Could happen. OTOH the team could get better, too. Head coaches are a crapshoot. I'm not particularly anxious to see the Bengals throw the dice yet, but I think Lewis is down to his last stack of chips. His deal is up after 2014 which (and I think not coincidentally) is also the last year of AJ and Dalton's rookie deals. If this iteration of the Bengals doesn't cash in in the playoffs by then, my bet is we see an all-new cast come 2015.

I said earlier that Dalton will get at least another year, but 3-5 years from now is not guaranteed.

If they decide to go in another direction with the coaching staff, I could see them not being enamored with a struggling Dalton. Green isn't going anywhere though regardless of who comes in to coach.

Seriously, if they somehow let Atkins and Green leave this team, it might be enough to call it quits for me.

Zimmer going to interview with the Browns today. This could be the worst thing that could happen to the bengals if he becomes there head coach....yuck. Lets hope he stays

It's hard to imagine anyone wanting the Browns job, but I can see why it might appeal to Zimmer. He seems desperate for a HC job and might be willing to go just about anywhere for the chance. Plus, if the Browns have anything going for them it's a lot of talent on the defensive side, which Zimmer could probably build into something pretty powerful.

Man, losing Zimmer would hurt a lot. We could replace Gruden more easily, I think. We have a top ten defense and I'd like to keep the architect in town. Ok, just fire Marvin and give Zimmer the head coaching job. I like that scenario more than Zimmer leaving and we keep Marvin, Jay, and whoever we lure to town to coach the defense.

I don't think Zimmer leaving would be as devistating as people are making it out to be. Would it hurt if he left? Sure.

However, just because someone is good as a coordinator doesn't mean they are a shoe in for a HC. I like Zimmer alot but I don't see him as a great head coach.

I would root for him wherever he goes because I like the man and he's done great things for this team.

Now, if he does leave, remember this. Marvin Lewis picked Zimmer. Marvin knows what Zimmer has done for this team. Don't think that he won't go get the next Zimmer clone. He will. It's not like we'll end up with a Breshnahan.

Marvin is finding the identity of this team. It's taken exponentially longer than it should have...but I think he's finding it.

Have faith. It'll work out if Zimmer leaves, or if he stays.

I don't like the thought of Zimmer ending up in Cleveland due to what he would take to them from what we do.

It would strengthen the Browns and weaken us. I don't like it at all.

That being said, I would be happy for Zimmer regardless of where he went, if he leaves.

I think he will in fact be a good head coach and I think he certainly deserves it.

His track record alone speaks for itself and he is hardnosed.

Just don't go to Cleveland Zim.

Yeesh, can't imagine anyone wanting that Cleveland job unless they're desperate.

New owner who wants to do what it takes to win,Who will give you power you want hence hiring GM after the coach.

For someone like Zimmer who only gets snuffed at head coaching jobs probably wouldn't mind it even if it's for the browns...I know i'd hate to see him go there more since we have no one lined up as a Defensive Coordinator....Hmmmm I heard Ray Lewis will be available think he can coach ^.^

PS,I'll become a fan of what ever team Zimmer finilly gets a chance with aslong as it isn't the browns >.<

I'm suprised Eagles don't show some interest I think his Fire and Defense would do good in the NFC East.

Well the clowns just hired chudinski as HC so zimmer aint going there

Good, now I can actually root for him if he does go to another team.

Good, now I can continue laughing at the Browns. Chudinski ?? :lmao:

Couldn't get RGIII to QB last year and settle, can't get their guy to coach this year and settle.

Honestly though, I think things get better for the Browns.

Report I heard on Cleveland radio is that Hue will be the offensive coordinator with zimmer.

Well that would just suck, man it's hard to even think of him coaching for Clevland I just hate this idea.

Don't bother listening to that station again

Honestly though, I think things get better for the Browns.

Not with Norv as their new OC... :lol:/>/>/>

Funny, I just saw that news and came back here to revise that exact statement.

:lmao:/> at the Browns.

Cleveland just reminded me of this Bang classic...

/>http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/norvaway.htm