Zimmer, Gruden Preping for HC Interviews

HoosierCat

If Gruden leaves, I think Norv Turner would be a good choice for offensive coordinator. Not sure if anyone here posted this suggestion already but I definitely would be for it.

Sure he would, and works great with young QBs. I just dont think he will be around by the time the bengals need a new OC, because i can see him getting a job pretty soon.

My question is though, they have been running a so called WCO if thats what you want to call it, will they stick with that, or go in another direction. I like Dalton but think he is a WCO kind of guy, because its all he has ever known, in college and now.

I am worried if we would lose Zimmer,I know he was getting alot flack at start of the season but Ferk we never have had a bad defense with the man sure it's had it's issues but do we really want round 2 of ChuckyB?Plus defense right now is ferking awesome o>O

If Zimmer really wants to be a head coach, i'd be pissed if I were him.

They are talking about everyone but him and Gruden.

Even assistants to assistants that i've never heard of before.

Ya I was kinda suprised to see Buccaneers Offensive coordinator getting interviews.

There was a report the other day that Buffalo was doing their due diligence on Jay, but that's the only specific rumor I've seen. All the rest has been media speculation. That said, I don't recall Gruden's name being mentioned before he was suddenly the Bengals OC, so teams have been known to keep secrets.

One thing to remember is that things are still in flux. The firings may not be done yet. Rex Ryan has split town ahead of the Jets' GM search and is blowing off media interviews. Mularkey could go based on who the new GM in Jax is (or if the new owner shoves Tebow down his throat, as seems likely). There are 8 playoff teams playing this weekend (including the Bengals), none of whose coaches can interview for new jobs. And many of the guys who are getting interviewed, like the Falcons' OC, have interest from multiple teams, so some teams will have to go back to the well after their guy takes a more plum gig.

ETA: and on that note, just saw that Falcons OC Dirk Koetter, who interviewed with KC and had interviews set with Philly and Cleveland, has signed a two year extension to stay in Atlanta.

It's funny that while the Bengals' offense has been close to historically bad (16 rushing yards a couple of weeks ago??? Is that possible?), that an OC in his 2nd year with no D1 college xp, would be a top candidate for another team right now. Shows how strong the "good old boy" circles are in the NFL...someone's brother, dad, son...

Shula admires him. See you at the Steakhouse Jay.

It's funny that while the Bengals' offense has been close to historically bad

The offense is not anywhere near "close to historically bad."

They are a RB taken with one of our first three picks and a healthy Sanu from being stellar.

Improved play from the o-line will come as well, but they are solid.

Dalton is still better than average and threw for over 3600 yards this season.

Marvin Jones is starting to come on as well, so there's reason for optimism.

I'm actually really encouraged with the way they will be set up for next season.

You know, not forgetting there is a playoff game this Saturday. :sure:

I think Reid will turn around KC, for some reason I always thought he was a good coach

Unfortunately for him, they need a QB and I wouldn't take any of the QB's in this draft with the #1 overall.

Cassel could be salvaged. If Reid thinks he could execute their system, then I bet he stays.

KC is a few players away, probably why Reid took the job.

Who now will end up in Philly will be interesting.