Cowboys @ Bengals Pre-Rodeo/Game Thread

HoosierCat

i think we take this one. our play makers out play theirs. our d-line brings the heat all day.

i think dalton and crew will bring it this week after being flat in the last game. plus he is playing in his home state. hope bjge continues his tear. happy that we might to see boom get his first action.

i think the boys will makes some plays but our defense causes a couple of romo mistakes... int's fumbles hurries. going to be close but we win 28-23... WHODEY!!

The Dallas game is in Cincy.

Simple solution to beating the Cowboys! Keep Romo off the field! We can not come out playing like fire and then stop playing in the 3rd quarter. We've got to play the entire game. I just watched an old college game to where it would determine who went to the Rose Bowl. Neb was favored to beat Wiconsin but Wisconsin came to play and they played the entire game. Ran the score up to 70+ points and destroyed Neb! That's what we need to do, play the entire game and stop playing that prevent crap when we think we got the game won. t drives me nuts whe nwe get up on a team and then keep going three and out, giving them chances to come back and beat us...

Gresham didnt practice today with a hamstring. Hopefully he is just sitting to rest it. Reedy said if you don't practice Thursday it's not a good sign. Oh please oh please Gresham needs to play, without him this offense is trouble.

I think we still win without Gresham. I'd rather see him rest and be ready for the last 2-3 games of the season when the Bengals face the Steelers and Ravens. It certainly hurts not having him in the lineup but this team seems more focused than any Bengals team I've seen in the last several years.

If the Bengals pull this game out, it'll be because of the defense with or without Gresham.

I'd rather have Gresham than not, but he's not irreplaceable either.

There are other players, that i'd rather not name and jinx the whole d*mn thing, that are FAR more important.

Maybe Charles gets more targets. If you need another blocker on the line, send in the jumbo package.

I want to see them run the hell out of the ball anyway, so GO JUMBO !!!

Those "expert" picks are the kiss of death. Now I'm really concerned.

Dalton and Romo are very similar, stats bear that out also. They both turn the ball over a lot, whoever does it less, wins, IMO. The Bengals' have an edge on defense as a whole and on the o-line, very similar everywhere else, including d-line (Bengals + on the DT's).

No reason they shouldn't beat them if Dalton is up for it like last week, after he makes mistakes. His %'s and ratings are all up from last year outside of the INT's and batted-passes...when he quit doing that for 4 games prior to last week, they dominated everyone they played like I haven't seen since 2005 (1976 to be more exact).

Dalton has to play well, or they don't win, it's always that way, he left a TD on the field last week (literally) and gave another one up, without those two bone head plays they don't even sweat that game out at the end. INT's happen, but he has already tied his total from last season. Frustrating to see a guy so talented beat himself too much.

A player from the Cowboys practice squad was killed this morning in a drunk driving accident. Another Dallas player was arrested for manslaughter.

/>http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8726659/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-arrested-intoxication-manslaughter-accident-kills-jerry-brown

Due to the incident this morning, the Cowboys' starting nose tackle for the game tomorrow is now a guy who until this morning was on their practice squad

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Callaway
/>http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/9/8/2413169/dallas-cowboys-sign-robert-callaway-to-practice-squad

Their regular starting nose tackle is out due to injury and second stringer survived the incident this morning but is now in jail. The third stinger is a backup DE, but the practice squad guy becomes the starter now

So running up the middle should be much more successful than otherwise, and hopefully we will see a lot of it

The guy who died was a linebacker on the Cowboys' practice squad

Sad news. Not a way I want to gain an advantage.

not even a sad news to me, they was drunk and stupid enough to drive, thats their problem, i dont cares about this low life losers, it will be sad news if someone else who didnt drink at all but killed by another car that was drive by drunkard.

Any advantage gained by the change in personnel is probably lost (and rendered a disadvantage) by the Cowboys' emotional vigor which will surely stem from this. Feels dirty to even talk about the football impact of this though.

Here's a huge eyeroll to drunk driving: :rolleyes:/>

And a more apt face for the affected family, friends, team mates, etc... :(

Yes I agree drunk driving is a horrible thing, and should never be done. However this is still somebody's son, or it's some kids father, and for somebody to lose his life at such a young age is just sad! No matter the reason right or wrong, prayers go out to his family.

As far as the game and its effect, only thing I can think of is that the cowboys will be playing with heavier hearts, and playing for a lost teammate. So my guess is its going to be a tough game.