Cowboys @ Bengals Pre-Rodeo/Game Thread

HoosierCat

I did not mean to come off callous - but the game will still be played, and an advantage is gained even tho I agree this is among the very least undesireable ways to gain an advantage

Even before this event made the news, the Cowboys had made a necessary roster move, otherwise they'd have not had a NT at all to play tomorrow

How many times must it be said? CALL A GAWDAMNED CAB.

Brent was making $490,000 this year. Not like he couldn't afford it. Now someone's dead.

Call a freakin' cab.

But when you're rollin' with your crew, it seems a cab won't do.

Those "expert" picks are the kiss of death. Now I'm really concerned.

Dalton and Romo are very similar, stats bear that out also. They both turn the ball over a lot, whoever does it less, wins, IMO. The Bengals' have an edge on defense as a whole and on the o-line, very similar everywhere else, including d-line (Bengals + on the DT's).

No reason they shouldn't beat them if Dalton is up for it like last week, after he makes mistakes. His %'s and ratings are all up from last year outside of the INT's and batted-passes...when he quit doing that for 4 games prior to last week, they dominated everyone they played like I haven't seen since 2005 (1976 to be more exact).

Dalton has to play well, or they don't win, it's always that way, he left a TD on the field last week (literally) and gave another one up, without those two bone head plays they don't even sweat that game out at the end. INT's happen, but he has already tied his total from last season. Frustrating to see a guy so talented beat himself too much.

He isn't beating himself. The problem is personnel and scheme. It's not a coincidence that Bad Andy disappeared as soon as Sanu emerged, and then came back last week with Sanu gone. Absent Mohamed, they're back to relying mostly on the same three passing plays: the quick slant, usually to the Binns/Tate/No. 2 guy and Gresham, which is susceptible to pick-sixes; the deep crossing route, mostly to Green but they tried it once with Hawkins, generating my "going long to Frodo" crack; and the bomb to Green. This allows the D to ignore the middle of the field and put more guys in position to make plays.

Sanu gave them the short crossing route they've been missing, and that opened everything up, since teams now had to defend the whole field. They tried running Jones across the middle, but the ball bounced off his hands for a pick. And how many times did Dalton drop back and then there was 15 yards of empty field over the middle with no one in it? If they could get BJGE or Gresham off a block Andy can dump it off and those are 10 yard pickups.

I did not mean to come off callous - but the game will still be played, and an advantage is gained even tho I agree this is among the very least undesireable ways to gain an advantage

Even before this event made the news, the Cowboys had made a necessary roster move, otherwise they'd have not had a NT at all to play tomorrow

I'm not sure exactly how much of an advantage it is for the Bengals, I can just hear the coaches in the Dallas locker room saying how the players should put forth a great effort for the team mate they lost.

I agree the Cowboys will find something extra due to the tragedy, but the thought of facing a DT coming off the practice squad to start has to have Gruden licking his chops with how to game plan the running game.

A lot of worthwhile reading on the DMN Cowboys blog this a.m.

/>http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Inactives:

K Nugent, CB Kirkpatrick, RB Peerman, S Iloka, DT Still, DT Thompson, TE Quinn

Marvin Jones starts at the 2 spot. Robinson starts at C.

(Just to recap, that's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from last April + our franchise player on the inactive list. Crazy year.)

this game is going to be a tough one, i think the toughest test the bengals have faced in a couple weeks, with how explosive this offense can be. they better find a way to pressure Romo and hope he throws picks today. find a way to win, man it would feel so good to blow this team out, just win thats all that matters.