Cowboys @ Bengals Pre-Rodeo/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Cowboys practice report per espn:

Nose tackle Jay Ratliff dressed for Wednesday's practice, but he did not participate, according to the Cowboys' official injury report.

Ratliff has missed the last two games with a strained groin. Washington's Alfred Morris and Philadelphia's Bryce Brown both rushed for well over 100 yards against in those games. The Cowboys hope to have Ratliff return to help stop Cincinnati's BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who has a streak of three consecutive 100-yard rushing games.

Running back DeMarco Murray (foot), cornerback Orlando Scandrick (hand) and safety Charlie Peprah (foot) also did not practice.

Murray, who returned against the Eagles after a six-week absence, anticipates practicing Thursday. Scandrick and Peprah will not be available Sunday against the Bengals.

Kicker update from Reedy.

No Kaeding. The three kickers they are working our are Brown, former Raven Billy Cundiff, and some joker named Neil Rackers...name sounds familiar somehow but I can't quite place it...:lol:/>

Out of that group I'd go with Rackers.

I keep trying to ignore it but let's face it, our injuries are piling up and that's not how a borderline team makes the playoffs. How did Nugent get hurt anyway?

It reportedly happened in practice this week.

Is it just me or are we experiencing an inordinate amount of practice injuries this year? What's up with Marvin Jones' "illness"? He needs practice more than anyone right now. I doubt old school guys like Tim Krumrie never missed a practice due to illness

People have a bad taste in their mouth about Rackers and his performance here, but forget the turf he kicked on.

Can't say i'm a fan of Brown, but whatever works.

EDIT: Looked at stats of those brought in. Gimme Rackers.

Forget the stats. I'm sure they can dig out his old uniform and re-issue it to him saving the team tens of dollars. :P

Well and Brown it is. I'm guessing he's only here for a little bit, Nugent isn't placed on IR.

No but they waived Jeff Faine.

Hope Cook is ready sooner rather than later.

Out of the 3 kickers, Brown is the one I liked least.

He must have been the cheapest.

Back about the Cowboys this Sunday:

I keep seeing and hearing people talk about how the Bengals are going to have problems with Witten and Bryant.

The thing they need to find a way to do is pressure Romo from the first snap and not let up.

Send blitzes, whatever, just pressure the sh*t out of him. He can't handle it.

That and see another nice running day out of BJGE and the o-line.

Pound the ball and when they've done that, pound it some more.

Bengals- 20

Cowboys- 13

They said Brown made more kicks the they other guys, so I guess the other 2 sucked worse the Brown lol.

Pressure is going to be the key to this game. When Romo is given pressure he throws picks, so find a way to sack him. The Browns had 7 sacks on him!

It's going to be a rainy day according to the forecast, so running the ball might be the key!

It's going to be a rainy day according to the forecast, so running the ball might be the key!

Even if it isn't running the ball will be key. The Cowboys aren't great at stopping the run and the o-line and BJGE have been on a roll. If that continues Sunday the Bengals can control the clock and keep Bryant and Whitten off the field.

Re Faine, I doubt anyone picks him up so if the Bengals need him again he'll be there.

Even if it isn't running the ball will be key. The Cowboys aren't great at stopping the run and the o-line and BJGE have been on a roll. If that continues Sunday the Bengals can control the clock and keep Bryant and Whitten off the field.

Re Faine, I doubt anyone picks him up so if the Bengals need him again he'll be there.

Yep I agree running the ball will be key from here on out. The defense is so much better when the bengals can play ball control.

Per Hobs, Brown will kick Sunday and possibly Thursday vs. Philly as well.

Dunno how the Bengals will manage without their franchise player...;)/>

In other news, Nate Livings (knee) did not practice today in Dallas. So the Cowboys' o-line might be in the process of improving.

i think we take this one. our play makers out play theirs. our d-line brings the heat all day.

i think dalton and crew will bring it this week after being flat in the last game. plus he is playing in his home state. hope bjge continues his tear. happy that we might to see boom get his first action.

i think the boys will makes some plays but our defense causes a couple of romo mistakes... int's fumbles hurries. going to be close but we win 28-23... WHODEY!!