Chad Watch

membengal

Is it stealing if you pay them back?

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110315/NEWS010702/103160334/Judge-orders-Ochocinco-pay-store-11K

Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard signed an order for Ochocinco to pay Amm One, also known as Exclusive Wear, in the 2700 block of Vine Street $11,717.39 for the clothes.

“My clients informed me they had given him ample opportunity to pay it and he didn’t,” Joseph Honerlaw, attorney for the clothing company, said Tuesday.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first off, he hasn't paid them back - probably because, well you know, he's hurting for money and all *laff*

Second, it's theft AND stupidity

I am surprised that the store has not charged him with the criminal act of grand theft, which would result in an actual arrest warrant and hopefully some much needed jail time for this waste of human flesh. Agreen/Gizzle could get conjugal visits, I assume.

Chad to try out for KC pro soccer team.

/>http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/16/2729832/ochocinco-to-try-out-with-sporting.html

If they have the position of center attention whore, he's all set. Otherwise, just another boring publicity stunt in a long, dull, line of publicity stunts.

Chad to try out for KC pro soccer team.

/>http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/16/2729832/ochocinco-to-try-out-with-sporting.html

In other words, for the first time in years Chad will actually train during the offseason in a way that might directly translate to football. Because if he expects to make a pro soccer team he'll run and run and run. And then he'll run some more. In fact, the very fact that he's announcing this means he's already running....from Tom Zibikowski.

(rimshot!)

BTW, make sure you read the reader comments that follow the article. The number of times Chad's name is included in a sentence containing the word "douchebag" is truly impressive.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because I didn't want to start another one.

As for the possibility of Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco ending up with the Patriots, King said: “As a matter of fact, Chad tweeted me recently, a week or so ago, and says, ‘OK, where am I going to end up?’ And I said, ‘New England.’ ”

“Look, I don’t know where he’s going to end up. But all I know is this: The Bengals are tired of his act. Bill Belichick likes him. He’s charmed by him.”

King said Ochocinco is not the malcontent many people think he is. “Chad is a very hard worker,” King said. “He’s a good example — I’m talking physically to other players; I don’t think he’s the best example in the locker room and necessarily off the field, wanting to be involved in 100 things that aren’t football-related. But I do think that especially on a club-friendly contract, which I believe that Ocho would definitely be willing to do, why wouldn’t it be a possibility?

“The Patriots need receivers. He’d walk to New England. Are you kidding me? He’d kiss Bill Belichick’s shoes if Belichick called him if he was free and asked him to come play in New England.”

/>http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/04/25/peter-king-on-mm-bill-belichick-charmed-by-chad-ochocinco/

So I ask again, does any writer know less about the inner workings of the Cincy Bengals than Peter King? Or if you prefer the question be worded differently, does Peter King write more Bengal related fiction than any scribe who ISN'T knicknamed Big C?

BTW, several months ago there was an article that I didn't bother posting that claimed the Patriots had indeed considered trading for Chad, but after watching game film had concluded that Chad's professionalism had degraded so much in recent years that he now ran some of the sloppiest routes in the entire NFL. As a result it was claimed the Patriots had no further interest in trading for Chad and wouldn't offer more than a mid round pick for him under any circumstance.

Personally, I'd be happy enough if Chad was simply released, but by the same token there isn't an amount of trade compensation too small that I wouldn't consider and I'd happily trade him to any team, including those within the division.

So I ask again, does any writer know less about the inner workings of the Cincy Bengals than Peter King? Or if you prefer the question be worded differently, does Peter King write more Bengal related fiction than any scribe who ISN'T knicknamed Big C?

BTW, several months ago there was an article that I didn't bother posting that claimed the Patriots had indeed considered trading for Chad, but after watching game film had concluded that Chad's professionalism had degraded so much in recent years that he now ran some of the sloppiest routes in the entire NFL. As a result it was claimed the Patriots had no further interest in trading for Chad and wouldn't offer more than a mid round pick for him under any circumstance.

Personally, I'd be happy enough if Chad was simply released, but by the same token there isn't an amount of trade compensation too small that I wouldn't consider and I'd happily trade him to any team, including those within the division.

Chad was as much a liability as an asset the last three seasons. Last year he was simply not in the right spots (neither was Owens after about week 6) and in a rhythm passing attack that will kill you, it wasn't a coincidence that the passing attack looked much better with Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson as starters.

This is one other thing I will guarantee, if Chad was on the New England Patriots he would be a top WR in the NFL again for a year or two when until he got bored with the NFL again.

Oh, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Chad go on and have another productive season or two in the league.

I'm simply of the mindset that it won't be and more importantly for our team SHOULDN'T be here.

Add in the chance of adding AJ Green in the 1st and I don't want Chad anywhere around him.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you like to watch Chad ride a bull? Well you may get your chance!

(AP)—Chad Ochocinco now is going to try bull riding.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver who earlier this year had a tryout with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer, has accepted a challenge from Professional Bull Riders chief operating officer Sean Gleason to ride a bull at the LucasOil Invitational this weekend in Duluth.

Ochocinco will earn $10,000 if he rides a bull. If he can stay aboard for the required eight seconds, the PBR will give Ochocinco a new Ford F-150, as well as allow him to rename the bull.

Gleason says Ochocinco is “a gifted athlete, but bull riding is a much different sport and climbing on the back of a bull in the chutes takes a little more than Twitter confidence, let alone calling for the gate (to open).”

Needless to say I'll be rooting for the bull! ^_^

Ochocinco will earn $10,000 if he rides a bull.

I do not begrudge Chad any of the perks received in exchange for his Z-list celebrity.

Nor will I watch.

Well he's selling pistachio nuts too. I'd rather watch the possibility of him getting stomped by a bull than nibble on his nuts.

Bring Bodacious out of retirement, give him meth or pcp or whatever they feed those bulls, then let Chad climb on the back of that. I'd pay.

They actually dont feed them anything special. I think I watched bull riding for the first time a couple of months ago. I was completely unaware (until a friend told me) that the reason the Bulls buck and jump is because there is a 2nd rope (towards the back of the Bull) tied to the Bull's Junk. I didn't believe it, until I watched some more, and sure enough, their junk is tied and pulled tight....that's why the Bull are so damn mad.

Well the Bull got his shot and missed.

Ochocinco rides bull for 1.5 seconds, gets $10,000

By GEORGE HENRY, Associated Press

DULUTH, Ga. (AP)—NFL receiver Chad Ochocinco(notes) backed up his promise to ride a 1,500-pound bull on the Professional Bull Riders circuit Saturday night, earning $10,000 for making it out of the chute atop Deja Blu.

The ride lasted 1.5 seconds before Ochocinco was bucked off with no apparent injury. Ochocinco, who wore a helmet and a standard protective vest, fell 6.5 seconds short of the time needed to win a new Ford truck and to earn the right to rename the bull after Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

But the challenge that began with a tweet earlier this month ended with Ochocinco proving PBR president Sean Gleason that he was serious. The six-time Pro Bowl receiver said, however, that he would never ride a bull again. “One and done,” he said. The publicity stunt was the latest for Ochocinco, whose Twitter account has nearly 2 million followers.

Ochocinco said he did not speak with Cincinnati coaches when the NFL lockout was briefly lifted in late April. He is under contract with the Bengals but is likely either to be released or told to take a hefty pay cut now that Cincinnati has drafted A.J. Green.