Bernard Scott

TJJackson

Screw creativity.

If Benson manages another 30 carry day against the Browns you know this one will be a win for the Bengals.

Agreed. If it ain't broken...

I know people are anxious to see Scott, but at what cost? Benson is clearly getting the job done. The only way to get the ball in Scott's hands is to take it out of Benson's. Right now, based on the information available to me, that's not a trade I'm willing to make. And it appears that the coaching staff feels the same way.

Screw creativity.

If Benson manages another 30 carry day against the Browns you know this one will be a win for the Bengals.

Yeah, let's plan to beat the Browns with straight forward football and save the creativity for the Ravens and others

Though I agree with the thought of 'if its not broke dont fix it', i do like the approach of having some variability to the run game.

Sed has 66 carries. The rest of the running backs have 5 (thats counting that awesome 6 yard loss screen pass to Scott against Denver)

Its only 3 games in. We havent really run that many plays yet, so Im not really griping. Just greedy and want to see Scott break some ankles.

Week 4 vs the Browns

6 carries for 41 yards

2 kickoff returns avg 26yds

1 special teams tackle.

I think (hope?) his performance earned him some more touches next week.

Hope so. We could use a one two punch. Not saying Benson cant handle the load by himself, I'm saying it will make it a lot easier on him.

Week 4 vs the Browns

6 carries for 41 yards

2 kickoff returns avg 26yds

1 special teams tackle.

I think (hope?) his performance earned him some more touches next week.

I don't know what a guy has to do to get touches, with stats like these. Scott, and Leoneard for that matter, need to see a few more touches per game. If Benson gets 20-25 carries, that means about 8-12 to get to Scott and Leonard. Mix in a few more passes to them, as opposed to the TE checkdowns, and they then have a chance to conribute. For me, I'd rather see Scott or Leonard with the ball than Coates. Way more chance to make yards after catch. Easier to create a mis-match as well.

C'mon Brat, get the scheme adjusted....and please, NO MORE END-AROUNDS!!!!!!!

(Coats did have a good game, tho)

Because the Browns weren't covering the Tight Ends they were only position ever open...Andre SMith could have been in at tight end and been wide open on some of those plays...Though I'm not surprised coat had few decent catches he was more known as receiver when he first came here just makes me wonder how many more yards we'd have on those plays if we actually had a threat @ TE.

The two TEs combined for 7 catches for 80 yards.

I bet that hasn't happened since Rodney Holman was playing...

I'll bet ya Tony McGee dropped 80 yards of passes once upon a time...

• 1 month later...

He's a keeper this one, for sure. Looking forward to seeing him get more touches in the next 3 weeks.

Right on. I hope he gets almost all the carries next week. Let Ced get totally healthy. No disprespect to the Raiders, but I think we'll run the ball just fine with Bernard against that D.