Bernard Scott

TJJackson

One practice game is one practice game.

We'll see

I still would like to know how he did in blocking and/or special teams roles - anyone have any input on this?

I recorded the game and watched it again today. I do not reballhim needing to block in a play.

He did show real jets and moves. He does look like Chris Johnson, maybe even a bit shiftier. ANother thing I noticed is that when being tackled he was always twisting and falling forward for an extra yard or two. Great instinct and drive.

i admit, bernard scott looked capable of pure electricity on friday night. his first step is decisive and quick and he's slicker than owl s**t.

i'm looking forward to watching him this season- until he gets blown up by ray lewis and breaks his shoulder.

i admit, bernard scott looked capable of pure electricity on friday night. his first step is decisive and quick and he's slicker than owl s**t.

i'm looking forward to watching him this season- until he gets blown up by ray lewis and breaks his shoulder.

That's right man, think negative. (sarcasm)

it sounded more pessimistic than i meant it to. i don't hope anything happens to him by any means, but he leaves himself open to some gnarly hits.

his frame is slight and he runs vulnerable..to be successful, he has to fix that or he's gonna get his ass kicked.

it sounded more pessimistic than i meant it to. i don't hope anything happens to him by any means, but he leaves himself open to some gnarly hits.

his frame is slight and he runs vulnerable..to be successful, he has to fix that or he's gonna get his ass kicked.

I get it, although I feel the above is much more fitting when applied to DeDe Dorsey. So if it comes down to picking between the two, for me....it's Scott without any hesitation whatsoever.

I have a committment related to my kid's involvement in sports for 8pm Thursday, so I will miss at least the first half of the New England game

Ya'all be sure to let me know how my boy Bernard does this week, be sure to check out his blocking and/or special teams work (if he gets any such assignments)

I hope he gets some touches against first string NE defense, which is typically better than average to flat out good the past several years

Well, I looked at the stats, and Bernard, uhm.....sucked?

I do see he was the RB on the play action to Dan Coats that went for 27 yards.....and I don't think Dan's fumble was Bernard's fault, but the yards per carry were not good

There are no blocking stats - did he block any?

I don't really even remember his name being mentioned. Sorry.

I heard about the fumble, i also heard (and saw) 22 yards when 21 were needs for a first down

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/scott-looks-to-get-handle/7b43a74d-7da4-436f-8bc6-2b29da1454a8

Niiiice.

Still have not seen the guy on special teams or pass blocking, gotta see that......cant just be a one dimensional runner in this league

I heard about the fumble, i also heard (and saw) 22 yards when 21 were needs for a first down

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/scott-looks-to-get-handle/7b43a74d-7da4-436f-8bc6-2b29da1454a8

Niiiice.

Still have not seen the guy on special teams or pass blocking, gotta see that......cant just be a one dimensional runner in this league

Yeah, you can, especially if the system is done correctly. A Benson/Scott tandem could very well equal the Tomlinson/Turner and Tomlinson/Sproules duos if the oline were to ever improve significantly and we found a decent blocking TE.

Niiiice.

Yeah, you can, especially if the system is done correctly. A Benson/Scott tandem could very well equal the Tomlinson/Turner and Tomlinson/Sproules duos if the oline were to ever improve significantly and we found a decent blocking TE.

I think they can be that behind an average line and Palmer throwing to a very good WR group, both of which this team has.

if the oline were to ever improve significantly and we found a decent blocking TE.

you banking on either of those conditions coming about?

Maybe Chris Harrington is the answer at both spots - you know, he can run pretty good, or so I have heard

Well I think we are definitely screwed on the TE portion of the equation, but the oline might show improvement if Smith ever joins the team. Not saying I'm willing to BANK on either of those at this point, however.

Niiiice.

I think they can be that behind an average line and Palmer throwing to a very good WR group, both of which this team has.

I don't know that we can count this oline in the 'average' category yet. I think it will take the first couple of games in regular season before we would be able to say that. I hope we will be able to.

• 3 weeks later...

first NFL game

one carry

minus 6 yards

well, uhm, that kinda sucked?

here's to hoping it gets better.

It was the play call that sucked. There was nothing he could've done with that.

That play was horrible.

I was excited he finally got in. Then they sent him right with a LB right in front of him. He was hit right when the ball got there. So it was the same as a sack. 6 yard loss when it was 2nd and 2. Then i dont think he got into the game after that.

As long as Scott gets his touches, i think we all know he will make good things happen. Benson looked pretty good as well. JJ not so much.(not sure which ball was easier to catch the JJ drop or the Coles drop.)

first NFL game

one carry

minus 6 yards

well, uhm, that kinda sucked?

here's to hoping it gets better.

It was the play call that sucked. There was nothing he could've done with that.

That play was horrible.

I was excited he finally got in. Then they sent him right with a LB right in front of him. He was hit right when the ball got there. So it was the same as a sack. 6 yard loss when it was 2nd and 2. Then i dont think he got into the game after that.

As long as Scott gets his touches, i think we all know he will make good things happen. Benson looked pretty good as well. JJ not so much.(not sure which ball was easier to catch the JJ drop or the Coles drop.)

that play was terrible everyone knew where the bengals where going with the ball. i would have liked palmer to see they where going to blitz the play and put the ball out of bounds.

Really nothing much new on the "revamped" offense yesterday. Looked like more of the same to me, other than a 3 back set and some different routes for Chad.

God forbid they shake it up with Dorsey or Scott during the game, other than those stupid screen passes they can never run. Of course the TE is once again obsolete here, maybe gets a ball once or twice a game.

You might as well put Rudi Johnson's jersey on Benson, as they'll wear him out too in about 2 seasons.

Just looks like the same offense to me, behind a bad line again. Nothing new here. Same old Marvin Bengals.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Browns' demonstrated weakness against the run, I wonder wonder wonder if Bernard will get some carries this week

I mean, why wear out your bellcow against an inferior rushing defense if your backups are just as effective and can keep him fresh and unhurt, ready for next week's much tougher game?

Here's to hoping he gets 5-10 carries this week, and maybe a screen pass or two