The Rodgers Trade is off

Kazkal

I refuse to use that word unless Im in the Smak shack, I think it sounds stupid. I just wish you people would stop calling them selves that and calling us Clowns, but sadly, that will never happen.

Sad that it takes a Browns fan to articulate this to a punk-ass so-called Bengals fan.

Frankly, the mods have every right to keep that term out of this forum and in my view, they should. It belongs in the smack forum and nowhere else.

You are no Bengals fan B1, you are no more than a troll.

And your 1st amendment rights are not absolute, troll.

Were I a Mod, the bungles bulls**t would stop immediately except in the smack forum where it belongs.

Representing yourself as a Bengals fan is laughable.

Come on Mods, if a stealer fan posted the way this punk does, he'd be bounced very quickly.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that it takes a Browns fan to articulate this to a punk-ass so-called Bengals fan. Frankly, the mods have every right to keep that term out of this forum and in my view, they should. It belongs in the smack forum and nowhere else.

It violates no posted rules. Nor does the terms "clowns", "turds", "stains", "squealers", "Baltimorons", or any other number of derogatory terms used for other teams here. We must be fair or become nothing more than a Steelers board.

It violates no posted rules. Nor does the terms "clowns", "turds", "stains", "squealers", "Baltimorons", or any other number of derogatory terms used for other teams here. We must be fair or become nothing more than a Steelers board.

Billy, I know that your's is a tough job, but in my mind, all of the terms that you sight should be limited to smack.

So, may I ask, am I within my rights to refer to B1 as a punk a dozen times in every damned post I make?

It would be no more offensive to him then the constant use of bungles is to Mem, myself and others.

Billy, I know that your's is a tough job, but in my mind, all of the terms that you sight should be limited to smack.

So, may I ask, am I within my rights to refer to B1 as a punk a dozen times in every damned post I make?

It would be no more offensive to him then the constant use of bungles is to Mem, myself and others.

Hell no '68. Call him, me, or anyone else but admin (not advisable) a punk all you want. I draw the line a little further down the road. Have a little fun boys! I'm no Nazi. Just keep it semi friendly. If it gets too out of hand we mods will step in, but we prefer not to.

You talking about your own team name, right?

It took you three posts to ask me that?

Hmmm... Perhaps we were a bit generous to you in that other thread, maybe you don't have a 5th grade education after all..... <_<

Coming from some one who doesn't have the ability answer a simple question.

Hey, don't get bent out of shape kid, it happens. The keys are small and I'm sure the lighting isn't very good there in your parents basement.

I call neither team by those names out of pure respect for the NFL.

The difference here Billy, is that you have respect...

The turd, jerkoff Bengals 1 has zero respect.

This is where our opinion differs. IMHO if he had no respect, no love for the team, he wouldn't bother posting. I mean this as no disrespect to you. You are a true fan of the Bengals as am I, and I truly feel members such as Bengals1 and Shula are. Just not in the same way.

God forbid this place becomes a site where we all think the same. Sure, at times those terms piss me off. It reminds me of the days here when we had a member by the name of "Barbarian". He could sling the term Bungals like no other. Their respect may be less, but I feel their love for this organization remains.

Their respect may be less, but I feel their love for this organization remains.

Bill, you strike me as a right-minded individual and I respect your opinion. I might tend to agree more than I do if I was seeing respect and or love for the organization in any of their posts.

To me, the constant use of the term bungles is little more than self-aggrandizement. It gives these people a false sense of superiority over those who run our beloved organization and it feeds their massive and hungry for stoking egos. If these people were one tenth as football savvy as they think they are, they would be well on their way to the Hall of Fame, instead of sharing their daily PMS rants with us.

I don't like the use of that term at all, but beating me over the head with it twelve times in every post makes me want to kick this guy's ass on Fountain Square.

Bill, you strike me as a right-minded individual and I respect your opinion. I might tend to agree more than I do if I was seeing respect and or love for the organization in any of their posts.

To me, the constant use of the term bungles is little more than self-aggrandizement. It gives these people a false sense of superiority over those who run our beloved organization and it feeds their massive and hungry for stoking egos. If these people were one tenth as football savvy as they think they are, they would be well on their way to the Hall of Fame, instead of sharing their daily PMS rants with us.

I don't like the use of that term at all, but beating me over the head with it twelve times in every post makes me want to kick this guy's ass on Fountain Square.

So be it. It's well within your right not to like it. I don't really care for it myself, but it is what it is here on the web.

^ Im sick of all these quotes, their quite annoying.

But, no there isnt, however, the Browns already show more promise for next year than the Bengals. Some analysts are already calling for the Brownies to win the AFC North and make a deep play off run. Not that these "analysts" opinions mean a lot, buit its a start.

I'm personally offended by the fairy in UnderDawg's avatar. Can we make him stop using it? <_<

Sadly no.

Fine. But if he starts calling us the "bungles" I'm sic'n membengal on his arse! :angry:

I refuse to use that word unless Im in the Smak shack, I think it sounds stupid. I just wish you people would stop calling them selves that and calling us Clowns, but sadly, that will never happen.

Excellent, underdawg, you show class. Most appreciated. And, congrats to what the Browns got done the last few days. It rankles on this end.

As for Bengals1's rant a few pages back at me, I see he conveniently ignored Duus' most eloquent reasons why what he continues to do is offensive. And, by the way, bengals1 child, please don't go to the 1st amendment rights well. I don't think you understand what that is or how it is applied. Truth be told, neither you, nor I, has any 1st amendment rights on this board, a private enterprise, where the terms are set by the owners. If they were to kick me off for expressing this opinion, there is nothing that I can do about it. Certainly I can't sue wherever this site is hosted to collect damages for having my 1st amendment rights abridged, that's just silly.

If you can't understand how your continual use of that word among "family" as duus so rightly put it is offensive, then you are actually worse than ShulaSteak. If so, then so be it. If you can show some understanding of your continually being a massive dick in using the word in light of what you have been told about it, apologize, then perhaps people will stop dismissing everything you write as trollish. Hell, at this point I am with duus, I think you are probably a steelers fan passing yourself off as a bengals fan for your own weird amusement. At the least, your actions say as much.

And that opinion of mine has NOTHING to do with what the Bengals have gotten done or not gotten done over the last few days, and everything to do with your repeated behavior on this board for months. With no due respect.

Standing ovation, 68.

This is where our opinion differs. IMHO if he had no respect, no love for the team, he wouldn't bother posting. I mean this as no disrespect to you. You are a true fan of the Bengals as am I, and I truly feel members such as Bengals1 and Shula are. Just not in the same way.

God forbid this place becomes a site where we all think the same. Sure, at times those terms piss me off. It reminds me of the days here when we had a member by the name of "Barbarian". He could sling the term Bungals like no other. Their respect may be less, but I feel their love for this organization remains.

Why in the name of god would bengals1's stopping being a dripping putz (in nearly every ***damn post) by using the word bungles mean that somehow this board would be one where everyone "thought the same"? I was able to argue for drafting offense back on January 1, with extremely little support (other than Hoosier), and a lot of loud disagreement where clearly 95% of the people disagreed with my take, and at no point was the word bungles used. Why does it have to be? It's cool and all, I suppose, that it can be rationalized, these alleged bengals fans using that word, but I promise you that duus, and '68, and me, and others I suspect, will continue to call out dicks who do that in our site, who purport to be bengals fans, on their immature offensive behavior.

Respectfully to you, billy, without question. But to the others who do that? Not so much.

Why in the name of god would bengals1's stopping being a dripping putz (in nearly every ***damn post) by using the word bungles mean that somehow this board would be one where everyone "thought the same"? I was able to argue for drafting offense back on January 1, with extremely little support (other than Hoosier), and a lot of loud disagreement where clearly 95% of the people disagreed with my take, and at no point was the word bungles used. Why does it have to be? It's cool and all, I suppose, that it can be rationalized, these alleged bengals fans using that word, but I promise you that duus, and '68, and me, and others I suspect, will continue to call out dicks who do that in our site, who purport to be bengals fans, on their immature offensive behavior.

Respectfully to you, billy, without question. But to the others who do that? Not so much.

Are man-hugs permitted around here? :blink: What I think some do not get is that that term, from the outside, IS OFTEN USED in a very offensive manner. Does everyone that uses a socially racial or derogatory term intend it to be equally offensive? I don't think so. Heck, I know some that used such words but obviously do so out of complete ignorance and stupidity. Does that excuse the usage? Not at all. But to me it softens the blow a bit, and provides opportunity for education. That's where I put this punk. I don't *believe* he is using the term like all outsiders do (i.e. intended to demean, insult, and harm not just the organization's image, but the fans in general ... for being 'dumb enough to be a fan of the Bengals', as I have been told). You see, assuming he is really a fan of the Bengals, and continues to have some disgusting personal satisfaction (feeling of superiority, as someone said) by using the term, then I put him in the category of the stupid and ignorant. He has obviously never experienced the intentional blow that is dealt by outsiders when they constantly use this term. I have. Repeatedly. It doesn't take long for it to hurt and hurt deeply. I'll try to ignore him and his lack of understanding. It won't be easy, but I truly enjoy the FOOTBALL discussion around here so much that I might just be able to roll my eyes at the idiots that are obviously more focused on this need to make themselves feel bigger than they are.

I love the Bengals. Are they obviously screwed up with in the FO, ownership, etc? No doubt. But I love 'em. Did they mess up another potentially good scenario? Probably. Almost assuredly. You come to expect it. But like a child that simply never meets your expectations, you love them. You seem to always be willing to see hope in tomorrow, as ridiculous as that might seem in the face of the past. You embrace it in a way that only makes sense to those of us within the family ... to those of use that simply would never get in the habit of calling our failing child derogatory names, day after day, conversation after conversation.

So where is that man-hug?

I'm not blaming the current administration, I'm blaming Mike Brown.

I understand that. And his record during his first 12 years is undeniably horrible. But likewise, since he gets the blame for those years, isn't the guy due some credit for his current administration?

Instead, as soon as Cleveland signs a free agent tackle: "Mike Brown is the worst owner in sports."

Worse than Art Modell, who stuck a knife in the hearts of Browns fans? Worse than the insane alcoholic who owns the Knicks and is allowing the franchise to sink to new lows on and off the court? Worse than the guy who owned the Hartford Whalers and lied his way out of town? Worse than the Ford family? Worse than crazy ass Al Davis?

Stop reading that dumbass columnist in the Enquirer, stop listening to the talking heads on ESPN, and start thinking for yourself. Mike Brown is not the worst owner in sports, he's not even close.

You haven't been paying attention. Even in 2005 I maintained that Brown was horrible. Look at his family affair Front Office. Successful organizations do not operate that way. You know his system is flawed, yet you defend him. As far as the local and national media, I could hive a rats a$$ about them. Daugherty is a putz, but he is right on about Brown. The National Media pokes fun at the Bengals, but they have no clue just how bad Mike Brown is. They believe he is inept, but it is more than that. I believe Mike Brown knows he has little chance of success, but he will never sacrifice a buck to get better. That is why he is the worst possible owner. Daniel Snyder screws up all the time, but at least he is trying to get better, not richer.

Art Modell won a Super Bowl. Unless SOP changes drastically, he will not come close. He knows that, why don't you?

So basically, Bengals1 is a child abuser. The defense rests m'lud.

Nah, just a bad parent. Not all that uncommon. Yet I do readily admit that allowing a 'name' to hurt can be pretty darn childish ... but pain is pain. Stinking poor excuse for a parent! :wacko:

Doubt it. Maybe if you come to understand how offensive your continual use of that term is, perhaps more will see the funny side you claim you have. As it stands, I am moving you to the unable-to-ever-be-happy troll box occupied by ShulaSteak.

Okay, let’s take this seriously for a moment. How come you get to dictate to me what words I can and cannot use? What gives you or anyone else on this board the right to abridge my first amendment rights? Yes, I know that’s putting it a bit dramatically but in essence you're asking me to stop using a perfectly acceptable word simply and only because you don't care for it.

If I was using a racial epitaph or a derogatory slang term that was deemed offensive by society at large, if I was using it to personally attack a fellow poster or simply using foul language, I could see where the moderators would ask me to stop.

But I’m supposed to alter my own writing style, self edit myself as it were, simply and completely because you don’t like one particular word!?! A word that’s perfectly acceptable to 99.9 percent of the rest of the world?

And you don’t see anything wrong with demanding that of a fellow poster? Someone who’s never done or said anything bad to anyone on this entire board in all these months? Simply because you say so!?!

And you don’t see anything wrong in that?

What if I found your avatar offensive? What if I didn’t like Shula’s sig pic? Would it be okay if I demanded that they stop using them simply because “I” didn’t like them? Would you back me up?

What if I had a relative that had been burned in an accident and demanded Haironfire change his nickname? What if I knew somebody that had chocked on a piece of steak? Would that give me the right to demand that Shulasteakhouse change his moniker? What if I was against the war in Iraq and wanted Armybengal to change his name because I felt it was “offensive”? Is that okay? Since when does one poster get to dictate to another what word they can use?

Are we all going to go around changing our nicknames or avatars or sig pics on the say-so of the other members of the forum? Do you really feel you should have that power over me or any other poster here?

Really?

I know you’re angry over what’s happened to the team over the last few days. We all are. And we take it out in different ways. But don’t take it out on me. Channel your anger and angst in some other direction. Write a scathing letter to Mike Brown or Roger Godell or something. But don’t pass it on to me, okay?

Preach!! :cheers:

I was gone all of yesterday, so I don't really feel like reading through this thread, as it seems it's turned into some ranting philosophical argument. But anyways... The Browns continued success in the free agent market scares the hell out of me. My dad is always bitchin' at me about progress, and one of his signature lines is "If you're staying the same and everyone else is moving forward, you're going backwards." Well, that's what's happening here. Excluding a possible deal for Odom, I don't see anything that shows that this team is improving enough to compete for a playoff spot. It's still early in the offseason, and we could make some great picks in the draft, but I've seen this team draft, and it's kinda meh. So I'll try to stay optimistic, and keep things in perspective.

Who Dey!

Except, he's dead wrong reedle. I am noticing that being a common problem among the new sign-ups on this board. The willingness to be dead wrong, and hold to being wrong, regardless.

So because we disagree on something I'm a "turd" and "jerkoff"? you don't know me, never met me, don't know what I do for a living or basically anything about me, but we disagree over the use of a single word on a sports forum so you've decided you hate me.

And I'm the "smug" one. :rolleyes:

Read the post again ya dink.

Okay, but I doubt a second reading will make you appear any smarter.

Two possible scenarios.

Oh, hell no. The number of scenarios for what actually happened are far more numerous than that.

Either way, Mike Brown will look bad to the nation. Did you read the 'right or wrong' part?

Yeah, I read it. And it's why I mocked how you're willing to blame Mike Brown even when you admit he may be right, or in this case blameless. You simply don't care about facts or where blame actually rests. All you care about is perception and how to make everything look like it's the fault of team ownership.

In a nutshell, ignorance and negativity are your gig, mop boy.

Except, he's dead wrong reedle. I am noticing that being a common problem among the new sign-ups on this board. The willingness to be dead wrong, and hold to being wrong, regardless.

Instead of cursing my soul and calling me names and acting like a child in front of the entire board did you ever consider PM'ing me to discuss this like adults?

And I notice not one of the people who are currently mad at me refuted a single thing I said in my "rant".....

I'm not blaming the current administration, I'm blaming Mike Brown.

Actually, you're blaming Mike Brown even as you admit he may be blameless. (Right or wrong?)

Mike Brown will change if you make him.

Delusional dinks like you haven't done a thing to force changes within the Bengals.

However, there must be sheep for it to work. Mike Brown needs people like you. He needs people like you and dreams about people like Hair. He continues to operate on the cheap, because of people like you.

If there are sheep amongst us I'd say it's dinks like you and KidSteakhouse, people too stupid to realize how pointless and ridiculous it is to remain a fan of a franchise that you've actually come to hate. How stupid do you have to be to feel like you simply have to forever remain a fan of whatever team happens to reside in the city you were born in? How stupid do YOU have to be to realize that not only are you the sheep, but also that there's no fence in this story?

Get yourself gone, Sheepboy. Greener pastures await.