Bengals at Seahawks

BZBot

You guys gave up 50 to the Stains. THIS surprises you?

Come on man...the fans are still under the impression that one playoff appearance this GENERATION means they can hang with the big boys in the NFL. They still can't admit to themselves that they are still the Bungles and destined to fail. :P

Sigh...

Another two bite the dust. God I wish this team would win so I could stop having to do this. This sh*t is getting stupid.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly would have mattered moron! Do you base this on the fact that they may block an extra point like the moron announcer apparently as stupid as you!

How did it matter did it cost us the game? Yes it could have but their are other ways of it helping Seahawks make a FG get the ball back then all they need is another FG and we lose.But it doesn't matter this did not play a part in the victory or the loss it's just a little thing for you to complain about.

It certainly would have mattered moron! Do you base this on the fact that they may block an extra point like the moron announcer apparently as stupid as you!

How did it matter did it cost us the game? Yes it could have but their are other ways of it helping Seahawks make a FG get the ball back then all they need is another FG and we lose.But it doesn't matter this did not play a part in the victory or the loss it's just a little thing for you to complain about.

All this is going to happen with 2 1/2 minutes left? With that little time left, the difference between 4 & 6 is very little. Come on, only the Bengals miss big extra points. But, the difference between 4 & 5 is pretty big.

You're right, it didn't cost them the game. But, it's just another example of his poor game management.

Well. That was disappointing.

A big shout out to all three units -- offense, defense and STs -- for their contributions in this loss.

The D played better than it did last week (hard not to) but ought to consider itself lucky that the loss wasn't more lopsided. Hags would have had a couple more TDs had their receivers been able to hold onto passes that hit them in the hands and/or numbers.

Billion-dollar offense generates 19 points. Nuff said -- except possibly that I'm not convinced any longer that Kenny Watson shouldn't be the No. 1 back. Rudi looks like crap.

And STs...hey, way to justify my faith in you Glenn Holt. And nice shank Shayne.

All in all, a textbook team loss. Looks like my prediction of 9-7 can be classified as "wildly optimistic."

A big shout out to all three units -- offense, defense and STs -- for their contributions in this loss.

The D played better than it did last week (hard not to) but ought to consider itself lucky that the loss wasn't more lopsided. Hags would have had a couple more TDs had their receivers been able to hold onto passes that hit them in the hands and/or numbers.

Billion-dollar offense generates 19 points. Nuff said -- except possibly that I'm not convinced any longer that Kenny Watson shouldn't be the No. 1 back. Rudi looks like crap.

And STs...hey, way to justify my faith in you Glenn Holt. And nice shank Shayne.

All in all, a textbook team loss. Looks like my prediction of 9-7 can be classified as "wildly optimistic."

Might anyone like to press my old Panic Button?

panic-button2.jpg

God I love being right.

panic-button2.jpg

God I love being right.

I love your panic button, billy. Especially since it's on an "IBM" keyboard, which is exactly what I would expect to find...

...somewhere in a dirty, cobb-webby corner...

...of where we are...

The Basement of the AFC North.

cue theme song from "Welcome Back, Kotter"...

panic-button2.jpg

God I love being right.

I love your panic button, billy. Especially since it's on an "IBM" keyboard, which is exactly what I would expect to find...

...somewhere in a dirty, cobb-webby corner...

...of where we are...

The Basement of the AFC North.

cue theme song from "Welcome Back, Kotter"...

Quite appropriate. :sure:

panic-button2.jpg

God I love being right.

Lend me that button Bill. I'll mash it while simultaneously shouting, "My team has fallen and it can't get up" into my Life Alert necklace.

The fumble by Hasslebck that was ruled an incomplete pass was I think *the* turning point in the game. We get that fumble.....which it was, clearly, to anyone not wearing a striped shirt ......and we win that game. Or so I maintain. Barely, but still.

2-1 looks a whoooooole lot better than 1-2, especially with the 38pts-a-week Patriots coming to town

Well Marvin, thank Holt for saving your ash. Can someone other than the moron accouncers explain why you would go for two in that situation. Had Holt not fumbled, a fg would have only tied. He is such a HORRIBLE game coach.

you're crazy they have one of the easiest schedules in the league. look at the schedule and say that.

lets say theyre 1-3 after next week. then what? find me 5 more losses.

Well Marvin, thank Holt for saving your ash. Can someone other than the moron accouncers explain why you would go for two in that situation. Had Holt not fumbled, a fg would have only tied. He is such a HORRIBLE game coach.

you're crazy they have one of the easiest schedules in the league. look at the schedule and say that.

lets say theyre 1-3 after next week. then what? find me 5 more losses.

Dude, this team could lose to anyone. They lost to the Browns for Christ's sakes.

And besides, what if someone could find you four losses? PIT, @PIT, @BAL, SF/TEN/ARI. That's still 9-7 and that is still not in the playoffs more than likely. I'm tired of people accepting mediocrity. 9-7 is not a real good season buddy. Shooting for above .500 is not a real good goal. That's a s**tty goal actually and one I don't plan on setting. It's deep into the playoffs or bust for me. And right now it's looking like a bust.

Yeah, today sucked and I am reaching by trying to spin this positively. Considering the injuries, first time in the stadium, decent talent on the seahawks, they did show some flashes. There is inconsistancy but it's better to work that out during the start of the season, The second half sched looks to be a little less challenging. At least the second and third stringers coming in are getting some game reps. That would pay off later if they were needed to step in again. A banged up and tired vet struggling on the field is not > a fresh (and hungry) backup just waiting to get his chance. Look at what Kenny Watson did today. I think that they get their s**t together this week and do a 'Kansas City' on the Patriots.

Peace

This loss was to be expected. They played a tough game against the Seahawks in one of the toughest stadiums in the league, losing a nailbiter. The Bengals currently boast the same win/loss record as the Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers.

Even with a likely loss next week, the Bengals proved to me today that they aren't a 6-10 catastrophe. They'll be fine, especially with that second half schedule. Call me an "optimist" all you want, but keeping a level head in the midst of this mass hysteria seems the only logical choice.

This loss was to be expected. They played a tough game against the Seahawks in one of the toughest stadiums in the league, losing a nailbiter. The Bengals currently boast the same win/loss record as the Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers.

Even with a likely loss next week, the Bengals proved to me today that they aren't a 6-10 catastrophe. They'll be fine, especially with that second half schedule. Call me an "optimist" all you want, but keeping a level head in the midst of this mass hysteria seems the only logical choice.

Finally, a voice of reason. :cheers:

Some fans have lost all faith in the Bengals, but I for one still maintain this is a good football team. Basically, IMO, the Bengals need to get to 4-4 after week 9 (bye week included). Then the schedule gets MUCH easier, and a run of 6-2 or even 7-1 isn't out of the question. Henry will be back, hopefully Chris Perry will be off the PUP list and able to contribute, guys like Brooks and Jeanty will be back, L. Hall will have some experience under his belt, and, oh yeah, we still have a guy named Carson Palmer under center. Anytime you have him on your team, you have a legitimate shot to win the game - no matter who you're playing.

Things might not look so good right now, and they may get worse before they get better (Patriots are a damn good football team), but there is still plenty of football to be played, and this is a talented group of players. No need to be jumping off the rooftop just yet.

The Bengals finished with a -2 turnover ratio, had their starting running back average less than .5 yards on 17 carries, gave up an 80 yard kick return to open the game, fumbled their final kick return, started a third string MLB, had him get hurt, and sputtered through the entire second half on offense.

End result? Three point loss to one of the best teams in the NFC in their stadium.

I completely agree with CarsonCity.

Some fans have lost all faith in the Bengals, but I for one still maintain this is a good football team.

Watch how you say that. You'll spill your Kool-Aide all over yourself. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's all kool-aide. This team is actually awful. Probably one of the worst in the league. No talent anywhere. :rolleyes:

Gimme a break, man. A fluke loss to a division opponent that almost always plays us tough, and a nail-biter of a loss to a potential SB contender at their house, and you talk like you're ready to give up on the entire season.

As the saying goes, you're never as good as you think when you win, but you're also never as bad as you think when you lose. I think the latter especially applies to the Bengals right now.

Some fans have lost all faith in the Bengals, but I for one still maintain this is a good football team.

Watch how you say that. You'll spill your Kool-Aide all over yourself. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's all kool-aide. This team is actually awful. Probably one of the worst in the league. No talent anywhere. :rolleyes:

Gimme a break, man. A fluke loss to a division opponent that almost always plays us tough, and a nail-biter of a loss to a potential SB contender at their house, and you talk like you're ready to give up on the entire season.

As the saying goes, you're never as good as you think when you win, but you're also never as bad as you think when you lose. I think the latter especially applies to the Bengals right now.

A "fluke" loss? They lose "flukie" games like that all the time!! Granted, there is undoubtably talent on this team. Alot of talent. Unfortunately I can't include much if any of the coaching staff within that circle. The Bengals are one of the worst coached teams I've ever seen. IMHO of course.