Bengals Or Ravens???

vettespd20

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Ravens will do much with a rookie QB. And yeah Ed Reed is out! But on the Bengals part I see Perry & Utecht being BIG parts of this Sundays game!

Bengals - 31 :rolleyes:

Ravens - 6 :rolleyes:

Hmmm. I definately think the defense will have a solid game. I mean, come on, Flacco is starting his first game. We all know how the Bengals dominate new QBs in their first games, Favre in 1992 comes to mind. Seriously, though. We should be able to keep the Ravens to no more than 17 points. I am concerned about the offense, however. The running game will struggle. Can the pass protection hold up for Palmer? Can TJ and CJ find their timing with CP? I hope so.

I'm hesitantly predicting....

Bengals 20

Ravens 17

If the Bengals' lose this game, it will indeed be a long, ugly season.

There's just no reason to lose this one, the Bengals' are more accomplished on offense, much more so, and their young defense, despite what it lacks, should still be able to handle the putrid Ravens offense.

There will be no excuses for losing this game, on the road or not.

Of course, the game will come down to how well the Bengals' o-line plays, and it will probably be that way the rest of the season.

There's just no reason to lose this one, the Bengals' are more accomplished on offense, much more so, and their young defense, despite what it lacks, should still be able to handle the putrid Ravens offense.

Of course, the game will come down to how well the Bengals' o-line plays, and it will probably be that way the rest of the season.

Amazingly I agree. This game is a must win and should be a win. The Ravens are injured on offense and before the injuries their offense was suspect. WE win this one easily IMO.

27-6 I also see a defensive touchdown. I want to see Geathers all over Flacco. He better not have any time to think. Blitz all day long.

In any other year, I'd be hugely optimistic going into Baltimore with them fielding what looks like a trainwreck. A rookie QB should be raw meat and a secondary without Ed Reed is a far less daunting proposal than with him. That said, however, they could be feeling pretty good looking at the Bengals based on what we've seen thus far. Who the hell knows what will happen?

Of course, you have to go with the Bengals to cover anyway, right. :D

I'm not a big fan of the "must win" label. It's game one of the season after all. I doubt that a loss would crater the season. If the Bengals are going to make the playoffs, they're going to have to beat some teams that they don't look like they can beat right now anyway. I have a hard time thinking about "must win" games until December.

Bengals by 21 or more. 28-3 would be my official prediction. A team with a rookie starting QB with no real WR threats and a VERY suspect offensive line, without at least one of its major defensive stars and a team the Bengals have beat (when the Ravens had more talent on their roster) 7 out of the last 10 times (3 out of the last 4 in Baltimore)

I have to tell you guys this........ There Is Absolutely No Way In Hell or on this Water Covered planet called EARTH ???

- That the Cincinnati Bengals will Lose this game!!!

The Defense will look Superb, and the Offense will have some kinks to work out, but will still manage to score 20 points on the much older Ravens Defense.

That Being said, The Final Score will be 34 - 6.

The Defense will score 2 (TWO) Touchdowns, and make sure you have Shayne Graham as your fantasy kicker cause he's going to kick 4 pats and 2 field goals!

You Can Write it down! :bengal:

Amazingly I agree. This game is a must win and should be a win. The Ravens are injured on offense and before the injuries their offense was suspect. WE win this one easily IMO.

27-6 I also see a defensive touchdown. I want to see Geathers all over Flacco. He better not have any time to think. Blitz all day long.

I want it to be just bad enough so that Flacco has the image of black and orange stipres indelibly burned into his mind but not so bad that they put in Troy Smith. A fine line for sure but one we can shoot for.

Troy Smith won't be active for this game it will either be Casey Bramlet or Todd Bouman. I think the Bengals D will set the tone for the whole game in the first 15 plays, if they have consistent pressure on Flacco and hit him hard on the first couple of plays (preferrably a sack) then the game and Baltimore's season is done.

Troy Smith won't be active for this game it will either be Casey Bramlet or Todd Bouman. I think the Bengals D will set the tone for the whole game in the first 15 plays, if they have consistent pressure on Flacco and hit him hard on the first couple of plays (preferrably a sack) then the game and Baltimore's season is done.

Bramet's on their practice squad. Their QB's are Flacco, Smith, and Bouman.