Bengals Or Ravens???

vettespd20

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea and this also makes me really sick to see this happen, i really dont think it makes the team any better, but i kind of wished he would of picked a different team maybe one that is superbowl or close to superbowl bound so he could walk away a winner. Just wondering really how healthy he is and if he can finish out those 3 years.

Willie to sign with Ravens

Deal expected Friday

By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • September 4, 2008

Willie Anderson told The Enquirer late this afternoon that he will return to Baltimore on Friday morning to sign a three-year, $11 million contract with the Ravens.

He said he is going to try to get ready to play Sunday against his former team – the Bengals – which terminated his contract Saturday.

Anderson visited Baltimore on Tuesday and returned to his home in Atlanta.

“It’s cool,” Anderson said. “The organization was real cool. I was kind of nervous.”

Former Bengals wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, now Ravens quarterbacks coach, took Anderson on a tour of the Ravens' facility in Owings Mills, Md.

“When Hue took me down into the locker room, I was nervous to meet all the guys,” Anderson said, “but then Ray Lewis, Lorenzo Neal, Chris McAlister, all the guys, came running up to me, it made me feel at home.”

The Bengals wanted Anderson to take a pay cut to $1.5 million – more than 50 percent – or else they would cut him. He declined. The club raised its offer to $1.8 million, but Anderson refused. Then his contract was terminated.

Baltimore has reshuffled its offensive line. Adam Terry is their starting right tackle.

The Bengals play at the Ravens at 1 p.m. Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../309040100/1066

I have to tell you guys this........ There Is Absolutely No Way In Hell or on this Water Covered planet called EARTH ???

- That the Cincinnati Bengals will Lose this game!!!

The Defense will look Superb, and the Offense will have some kinks to work out, but will still manage to score 20 points on the much older Ravens Defense.

That Being said, The Final Score will be 34 - 6.

The Defense will score 2 (TWO) Touchdowns, and make sure you have Shayne Graham as your fantasy kicker cause he's going to kick 4 pats and 2 field goals!

You Can Write it down! :bengal:

Even though we can now expect to see McGahee running behind Willie Anderson!?!

I dunno dude. :huh:

Just reading on PFT.com and they said with this move this makes there offensive line great and they could be the ones to beat in the AFC North. Since when did one guy make up a whole team, i mean i know Willie is good but.....
These guys are giving Willie way to much credit... First he's a back-up and even then he won't make an entire season... Sure go ahead and play Willie this Sunday and I'll tell ya now, "Geathers will run by his broken down body"....

Just reading on PFT.com and they said with this move this makes there offensive line great and they could be the ones to beat in the AFC North. Since when did one guy make up a whole team, i mean i know Willie is good but.....
These guys are giving Willie way to much credit... First he's a back-up and even then he won't make an entire season... Sure go ahead and play Willie this Sunday and I'll tell ya now, "Geathers will run by his broken down body"....

It'll take a linebacker because no Cincy defensive lineman will be able to do it.

Well to be accurate, their exact quote was:

The move makes the Ravens instantly better on the offensive line, and only solidifies our belief that they could emerge as the champions of the AFC North.

I'm not sure who I would pick in this division right now, but it probably wouldn't be the Ravens. That said, a player like Willie only helps someone if they're not worried about $ all the time, for no good reason. Cut him in the off-season if you were just going to wait until after the least preseason game to cut him any ways. I gotta think Brown simply didn't plan on paying 3 tackles after franchising Andrews, and on principle alone almost, had him cut after a Bengals' HOF type of career. Probably wanted to wait and make sure Andrews and Levi stayed healthy.

I still don't get the lack of respect shown to him by the Bengals' administration (at least hold a PR and explain why you did such a thing, same with Rudi...unless it was $). It just further cements what a bunch of idiots they are, mainly Brown. They could've remained here as back-ups, and no one would've said a thing.

It's as mystifying and moronic as naming yourself your number, spelled incorrectly in Spanish.

Damn. Willie spent last year nursing an injury that he openly admitted will never heal properly. Then he collected a two million dollar roster bonus from the Bengals, signs with the Ravens and gets 1.8 million. He collected all this without playing a down. Any rookie should look at Willie and recognize that good citizenship, not just good play, really pays.

I can't believe his new contract. Rudi got about a third what we were scheduled to pay him. I figured Willie would get about the same. Do the Ravens know Willie's toe swelled up and he couldn't go in the last preseason game? No way does he have enough left in the tank to justify three million a year.

I trust Cam to keep Flacco's job as simple and minimized as possible. I expect Ray to have 40 carries when all is said and done.

It's good to be back Billy. I hope your Bengals stink it up this year, and by stink it up I mean lose a lot.

I trust Cam to keep Flacco's job as simple and minimized as possible. I expect Ray to have 40 carries when all is said and done.

It's good to be back Billy. I hope your Bengals stink it up this year, and by stink it up I mean lose a lot.

40 carries for a rookie? You're crazy. I know it's good to be optimistic about your team and all, but you're starting a rookie QB and a rookie RB. Other than Derrick Mason I don't even know who you're receivers are. You better hope your defense is on it's game this year cause the offense won't be doing it any favors.

Has the offense in Baltimore EVER done anything to help the defense?? This is Baltimore, we treat punts and completed passes like touchdowns around here.

Well, the 2000 offense was at least mediocre and didn't turn the ball over.....