Week 17: Bills @ Bengals

HoosierCat

In regards to signing a tackle.   They'll likely add to the spot once Collins is officially IR'd.    If Superbowl is your goal then there is more than a month left.

Whitworth and Williams certainly should be in play for at least a kick of the tires.    Factor in depth and 6th OL snaps that they have used this season.     Those guys aren't interested or aren't ready/better than what you have so be it.

I think the Rams signed Weddle last year after not playing for 2 years and got starting snaps out of him immediately for a Superbowl run.    You aren't looking for a 18 week all-pro starter.   Looking for someone as insurance and to fill the gap maybe suck up some snaps. 

I can certainly get behind the depth thing, and while not stating that anyone is doing this, I'm not about to compare any other position to that of an o-lineman.
I simply do not believe it to be an easy thing in bringing in a player with no knowledge of our scheme or playbook and expect great things right away.
I think what they will do is simply stay in house for an answer and I don't think they will be wrong in doing so.  Again however, I could be wrong.

While not liking all these options personally, the fact is, they are already in hand and have that firsthand knowledge.
Carman Jackson has played RT
Max Scharping has played RT
D'Ante Smith is a LT, but could be tried on the right side

On the practice squad they have:
Isaiah Prince has played RT
Nate Gilliam played RT in college
Devin Cochran split time at left and right tackle

That's 6 in house options.
Don't get me wrong, if they want to bring in another player, I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing.  Just not what I think will happen.
People can give up on Whit as well.  Not happening.  Any coming out of retirement would need to worked through the Rams.

Also got tickets for the potential home wild card playoff game yesterday.
Amazingly enough, I was able to find them on the secondary market for cheaper than what the official site was getting for them when they went on sale last week.
Figured I would prefer to spend the money on the tickets for that game than the Ravens.

Hoping to need a refund once the Bengals earn the #1 seed !!!

• Like 1

I think the best option for us at ORT (the new backup) would be to sign Prince from the PS.  After all, he played ORT in the last superbowl

Leaving him on the PS and elevating him for game day is a risk, same worry as with Crisman earlier this year

For some reason, though DAnte doesnt have the scumbag tag that Carman has, he hasn't impressed of late, and he has been a healthy scratch almost every week (perhaps every week?)

I see Scharping played some ORT, so I'd say he's my second choice, although I see him as backing up both OG spots right now, so they'd have to bring another man up regardless if he became the backup/swing OT, whereas Prince has doubtlessly taken OT snaps only in practice

4 hours ago, Stripes said:

This is going to be a long, boring week. 

I”ll trade you. You can have my broken furnace and case of covid. I’ll even throw in my daughter’s case of covid and two dogs with cabin fever because they haven’t been walked in four days. You won’t be bored long, I promise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I”ll trade you. You can have my broken furnace and case of covid. I’ll even throw in my daughter’s case of covid and two dogs with cabin fever because they haven’t been walked in four days. You won’t be bored long, I promise.

I can't match the covid, but my furnace is bad too. The water heater is broken, and I am stuck here suffering in the smell of my own un-showered crotch.

This has been a Stripes post on bengalszone.com

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I’ll match your covid with the family Flu, I hate this time of year lol. Of course just in time for the Holidays. Hope you guys feel better.

• Like 1

From Dehner's column today at the Athletic...(this is a really good point...)

During the season, Collins wouldn’t practice on Wednesdays as the team managed his injuries. That process opened the door for Adeniji to step in for those practices and load up on reps with the first team at right tackle. Wednesday practices aren’t particularly intense, relative to the more physical Thursday sessions, but they went a long way to building cohesion and staying fresh at the position if he needed to step in.

“A hundred percent,” Adeniji said. “It’s a natural transition. I get that work with (right guard Alex Cappa) and we kind of develop that chemistry. There’s been no doubt that’s been helpful throughout the course of the year.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear some of the difficulties you all are experiencing.  Similar here, youngest shows up from the university for Xmas break,  a couple days later he’s diagnosed with pneumonia.  Luckily he’s responding well to treatment - 2 antibiotics and an inhaler.  Now when I call home at noon he’s like, “of course I’m still sleeping, trying to fight off this pneumonia!”  

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, Stripes said:

I can't match the covid, but my furnace is bad too. The water heater is broken, and I am stuck here suffering in the smell of my own un-showered crotch.

This has been a Stripes post on bengalszone.com

See if you had Covid at least you might not be able to smell anything so plus! I didn’t get the no smell/taste version tho, mine appears to be the head cold from hell. All I fucking do is sneeze and ooze snot.

2 minutes ago, COB said:

Sorry to hear some of the difficulties you all are experiencing.  Similar here, youngest shows up from the university for Xmas break,  a couple days later he’s diagnosed with pneumonia.  Luckily he’s responding well to treatment - 2 antibiotics and an inhaler.  Now when I call home at noon he’s like, “of course I’m still sleeping, trying to fight off this pneumonia!”  

This board is clearly cursed. 

hope he gets better soon!

20 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Just reading that gets me amped up !!

Pretty smart planning on their part as well.
Anyone thinking this Bengals team is the same as it was a short while ago just isn't paying attention.
I'm really rooting for Adeniji !!

Agreed.    Burrow was great the first start of his career, but this season after that 1st Qtr vs. Baltimore we have witnessed him morphing into Superstar.

Its almost a requirement to be an Elite QB to somehow have an unassuming  WR running making plays of a sudden.    TI says hi.