Round 2 Pick: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

HoosierCat

trying to calm myself

Carman definitely fits the mold I have been describing all along......a ORG for this year and ORT next year

I just dont think he was/is the BEST fit among those players remaining

I honestly believe Carman would have been available at 69, maybe even later

The trade was good, but the resulting selection was poor

the pick at 69 needs to be Humphrey or Meinerz - an IOL who can play OC

I am ok with this.  I did not want Carman at #38 but picking up two additional 4th rounders and Carman I will take.  I think their thought process on Jenkins might be this.  If you break down the film on Jenkins he take a huge kick step to setup which works for Tackle but is a major problem at Guard.  I think, knowing that they were going to start whomever at RG they took a guy that had better traits but that still had the ability to play RT down the road.  Let's wait to see how the rest of this draft plays out....I trust Pollack's evaluation and they would not have passed on Jenkins if the guy they were targeting wasn't graded similarly on their board.

Keep in mind also that they had good local info on Carman.

• Like 2

In reading about Carman, I keep seeing size and power, and many recommendations that he be played at OG rather than OT

No comments about his character....not a team captain.....not holding that against him, just saying

Also he seems to have played mostly on the left side, and we'll need him on the right side, which is slightly concerning.  I'll admit those same concerns existed for my preference, Cosmi

It does say something that he was the player Clemson decided to use to protect Lawrence's blind side

2 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

In reading about him, I keep seeing size and power, and many recommendations that he be played at OG rather than OT

No comments about his character....not a team captain.....not holding that against him, just saying

he is also very young, just 21.....