Love this pick. 
-played in championships

-trained by Willie

-we have Pollack 

-captain

-extra 4th rounders gives you flexibility

-hometown kid

-guard that will get out into space big time

I did not see the captain thing.......got a link?    I trust you, I just want to see it for myself

He's going to have a lot of extra intrinsic motivation playing in Cincinnati. I'm excited to see what he can do. He only needs to have a pulse to be better than Michael Jordan, and if he can push XSF or Spain quickly that'd be brilliant.

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Marino

Click here to read Carman's full Premium NFL draft profile.

Clemson offensive lineman Jackson Carman enters the NFL after serving as Trevor Lawrence’s blindside protector for the last two-plus seasons in college—a role he filled quite well. Carman is a massive and powerful blocker that thrives in the run game and holds his own in pass protection. His power is notable, but he moves well for his size and features strong hand technique that he blends with a strong feel for his role in the scheme that makes him an effective blocker. Where Carman shows signs of struggles is when he is tasked with speed off the edge. In those moments, Carman is often beat to his landmarks and he struggles to recover. Should that be problematic at the next level, a move to guard will be required and Carman’s skill set suggests it’s a transition he could handle—and perhaps he can perform even better on the inside. Carman has the makings of a quality starter at the next level, but his team will need to figure out the right spot for him to grow and develop at. 

Ideal Role: Starting offensive guard in a gap/power scheme.

Scheme Fit: Gap/Power 

Just now, Stripes said:

He's going to have a lot of extra intrinsic motivation playing in Cincinnati. I'm excited to see what he can do. He only needs to have a pulse to be better than Michael Jordan, and if he can push XSF or Spain quickly that'd be brilliant.

XSF and Spain are Left Guards. 

the hole we need to fill is at right guard

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK Bengal said:

Spain was at RG mostly last year so now he's free to spell XSF at LG

Spain demonstrated a lot of versatility last year, obviously :-)  and I fell in love with him just for that reason.

but his natural spot is OLG

so he and XSF will probably complete for that spot while Carman will work at ORG.....even though he played on the left for Clemson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Spain demonstrated a lot of versatility last year, obviously :-)  and I fell in love with him just for that reason.

but his natural spot is OLG

so he and XSF will probably complete for that spot while Carman will work at ORG.....even though he played on the left for Clemson

Yep....

Williams, XSF or Spain, Hopkins, Carman, and Reiff.  We can work with that oline, leaps and bounds better than last year

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Price may start the year at center with the Hopkins injury.  I think they’ll get another OL maybe even in the 4th.

Jake from LockedOnBengals tells me Hopkins will be ready for game 1, but I'm with you - probably Price at first, maybe Hopkins later

Im hoping for two more OLs in this draft, myself

20 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Jake from LockedOnBengals tells me Hopkins will be ready for game 1, but I'm with you - probably Price at first, maybe Hopkins later

Im hoping for two more OLs in this draft, myself

2 more is overkill 

need DL help also

Love the pick after watching that video.

Interesting scenario.  Most of us saw Jenkins get mocked in the 1st round for months.  Makes to 38.   They trade out .   Jenkins goes immediately.     This will be something to keep an eye on in the future. 

Hope it works out in Bengals favor.

They seem to be betting on NFL nutrition and coaching bringing out his 5-star talent, a bit more of a gamble, but maybe not a bad idea, since he showed improvement in college, and played at the highest level.  Make one or 2 of the 4th rounders count, and great, we can look back and say it was either a winning move, or a disaster if Carman sucks and Eichenberg/Jenkns etc.., become Pro Bowlers. (unless they get another Atkins out of it)