Bengals @ Texans Game Thread

HoosierCat

Lol oh those sneaky bengals!!

I remember at the end of last season as well everyone was excited they saw improvement by the end. The O-line was finally showing something, and well we all seen how that went.

I truly don’t understand what it is about this team that the end of the year they finally want to play hard. Can’t fool me, I still don’t have hope for this coaching staff, but I’m sure he will get 4 more years along with this shitty defense coaching staff

Just fucked up a great chance at a generational talent.  Got a meaningless win at the end of a lost season.

Hsving said that - Taylor has certainly not lost the team.  They still played hard for him.  Can’t say the same for the Texans, they packed it in a couple weeks ago it seems.

Got to give Zac credit.    Marvin always struggled with Houston.   Road game after MNF.    No Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Williams and got 30+ points. 

Solid win. 

Back to the future with Gio.  Somehow Zac has unlocked the code to have two productive running backs. 

Not sure what to say about that defense, tho.  Good sack fumble to seal the game. 

Yeah, even if the Bengals had lost out Zac was likely back. The FO would have just pointed to COVID and a rookie QB with no off-season or preseason, etc. to excuse the bad year. And even at 3rd Sewell being there wasn’t a lock. So may as well enjoy the win, there’s plenty of other good OL in the draft. They’ll be fine there.

Here is where I duck in to note that tanking for anything other than a QB is stupid, that wins matter when you are trying to change a culture and reward buy-in, and that there are absolute difference makers in this deep draft at picks 7-12 AND that it is such a deep OT class you can find a starting RT in rounds 2 or 3 if you choose to wait. 

• Thanks 1

If Zimmer is fired in Minn, wouldnt that be awesome if we could somehow get him back in Cincinnati as our DC?

as for the tanking being a stupid idea, I simply disagree.  The earlier the pick, the more value it has in each round, and ergo the better the trade value.......and although a trade is far far far from a certainty, thats what I think needs to happen

Culture change imho wont occur til Zac and his gang are fired.  Cant happen soon enough from my point of view

Tanking for tankings sake is INSANE in the NFL. Unless you are trying to get to a franchise changing QB, players and coaches need to win. Fuck that shit with the losing on purpose is way to go noise in these circumstances. 

How many championships did the Browns win with Joe Thomas at LT, out of curiosity...hell, how many winning seasons did they have with him?

Tanking is common in the nba because one player can make such a huge difference.

As the rule changes and natural evolution of the game have made the QB more and more important, tanking in the NFL becomes a more plausible strategy.  But that’s all it is, a “strategy” that fans can muse over.  

I think there is almost no way for an NFL team to throw a game.  Too many guys would have to buy in, then guaranteed some of them would talk.  Also, the league is brutally competitive, getting a head coach and some players to agree to throw any game seems unlikely.  

Now, fans can hope their team loses, like some of us last year, a few of us this year, and every right-thinking Jets fan every other year.