Steelers @ Bengals MNF Game Thread

HoosierCat

5 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Guess this will save Zac job, and I’m guessing Lou as well. I love the win against Pitt but that sucks.

Where was this hard play all year, just don’t get it sometimes 

Not to denigrate a great job by the d but IMO the biggest factor was that Ben looked done. He was horrific in the first half, should have had like 6 picks, and blew in the 4th too. Old man looked old.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Man oh man I did NOT see that coming tonight. Other than maybe my fantasy needs from Juju jinxing them.

What a great game for the Bengals. Good on ZT and Lou Anarumo frankly. And the players for not checking out. 

• Like 1

Just now, HoosierCat said:

Not to denigrate a great job by the d but IMO the biggest factor was that Ben looked done. He was horrific in the first half, should have had like 6 picks, and blew in the 4th too. Old man looked old.

He was not good, but, and this is important, we also actually covered the receivers and made him have to make throws into tight windows. Phillips, WJIII, Alexander, Bell and Bates all balled out. 

• Like 1

What a fun win.  We can still get Sewell assuming we stay true to form and are unable to handle prosperity.  Must lose to the Texans next week.  But we’ll worry about that then.

Ben already sounded off this week, basically, I’ve got a contract that pays me 34 million next year so he’ll yes I’m playing.  Pittsburgh is somewhat fucked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, membengal said:

He was not good, but, and this is important, we also actually covered the receivers and made him have to make throws into tight windows. Phillips, WJIII, Alexander, Bell and Bates all balled out. 

Oh no doubt. The d played three great quarters (we’ll just kinda forget about the 3rd quarter) but Ben looked like COB after a three day bender and a Donnybrook with Andre Smith for not cleaning his gutters properly. Finley was seeing the field better (just couldn’t make the throws). I can’t see the backside of Toothlessburger soon enough and if this is the start, I’m a happy man.

• Like 1

One thing I can't figure out.....sure, Rapistburger looked old/tired/beat-up-and-hungover-COB-like, but.......what about their defensive front seven against our OLine? 

Game stats says they only got 2 sacks on a quarterback who according to my eyes is sacked more often than he completes passes

I didnt get to watch the game, so what the hell, fellas?  Tell me about the OLine

and yeah, I know he ran 10 times for 47, but one of those runs was for like 20 yards for a TD, so the rest of the time he wasnt all that effective as a runner

.....also.....

I pray to god that this result doesnt save Zac's job.  He needs to depart yesterday

.....also also.....

I did watch the highlights on nfl.com.  Just from that, it looks like Lawson had an absolutely tremendous game.  Got to start re-upping him N O W.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

One thing I can't figure out.....sure, Rapistburger looked old/tired/beat-up-and-hungover-COB-like, but.......what about their defensive front seven against our OLine? 

Game stats says they only got 2 sacks on a quarterback who according to my eyes is sacked more often than he completes passes

I didnt get to watch the game, so what the hell, fellas?  Tell me about the OLine

and yeah, I know he ran 10 times for 47, but one of those runs was for like 20 yards for a TD, so the rest of the time he wasnt all that effective as a runner

.....also.....

I pray to god that this result doesnt save Zac's job.  He needs to depart yesterday

.....also also.....

I did watch the highlights on nfl.com.  Just from that, it looks like Lawson had an absolutely tremendous game.  Got to start re-upping him N O W.

Online still sucks pass protecting.  Finley took some shots.  Ball had to come out quick because the heat was coming.    

They surprisingly pushed them around in the run game.  Even in the 4th quarter when they had to run the ball, they did. 

7 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

but Ben looked like COB...

Even at my worst, Ben wishes he looked like me.  

One thing we do have in common - that bewildered, stupid, look he has on his face after he throws one of his frequent picks is exactly how I looked when my ex-wife would try to explain her feelings to me.  Hint - her explanations were supported with the same logic and reason that informed Ben’s decision making in the pocket.  None.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COB said:

What a win.  I can’t remember the last time we won a prime time nationally televised game.  

Not having Andy choking on the big stage helped.  Ryan Finley probably saved his job as our backup QB.  I still can hardly believe it.  

A sublime win.

I don't think Finley is a NFL caliber QB even as back up.   It's odd saying that considering he's the QB of record for beating the Steelers first since 2015 and on primetime since 2013.

He just doesn't have arm strength.   Maybe you keep him as a 3rd qb, practice squad guy.

TJ - just accept it now - ZT isn't going anywhere at this point. And, frankly, given how close they've been, how many injuries they've had, AND how he has held them together, maybe that's not the worst thing. More interesting question to me is LouA --- the defense has been pretty okay for weeks now. Maybe even better than okay. Is he good? 

I would kill to send Jim Turner away, but that's not happening either.

As for losing out to hold pick 3 - fuck that. Winning two more would be HUGE for this team's culture and buy-in if they could pull that off. Look at what Miami has put together this year as they won "meaningless" games at the end of last year. Winning has to start somewhere. 

The win over the Steelers changes nothing in my mind about the offensive line. 

The OL coach has to go.  Not sure it's all his fault, but they need to hire someone with credibility.   Also need to hire someone with an unquestioned record of development.

Then start the process of at least upgrading the entire position group. 

Fred Johnson does not look good in pass pro.  So if he's starting in front Adeniji that tells me both aren't worthy of competition for Hart and at best 1 should only be considered for swing tackle.

Must replace Hart.  - Bump him to swing.