Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

membengal

Who is Zac supposed to start?   How does that make Williams and Jordan adequate pass protectors through the first 2 games?

Zac can catch blame from San Deigo for treating that game like he had to score 30 to win.  Too wide open in the middle of that game.  

Against Cleveland you had to throw that much and play that way because the defense had very few stops. 

Unfortunately Hart is not the only bad performer on that line right now.  As said at the beginning the are largely unproven and dangerously thin. 

Hopefully Williams and Jordan start to string some games along that show why they have so much faith in them. 

The only way they’ll fire ZT is if he goes like 1-15, even then there is doubt.  They just don’t want to pay guys who aren’t working.  

Having said that - Burrow’s presence along with what he’s shown would likely attract some really good coaching candidates.

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m not expecting a head coaching change. The soonest they’ve ever fired a coach in Bill Johnson and that was (0 and) five games into his third season. Even poor Dick LeBeau got a full three years.

I agree, it would take like 0-1 wins for even the possibility to emerge and then I doubt they pull the trigger. And assuming Burrow doesn get killed they probably scrape together 3-4 wins the rest of the way. But 2021 will be make or break for Zac.

So maybe not look at Taylor, but they need to start looking at these assistant coaches who have been terrible!

They put all this money on new guys in the defense and they are terrible. Reader highest paid D tackle and he is nowhere, there is no pressure from those guys up front at all. Let’s start looking at these defense coaches.

Taylor in my opinion needed vet coaches to help him out, and he went with mostly young inexperienced guys. 

To me coaching on this team is a mess, I think there are some great talented players now with a great QB, but terrible coaches.

• Like 1

Ok so I know this is about the o-line and as shitty as they are this defense is even worse. 

They needed one stop after the TD they knew the Browns were going to run it, and they couldn’t stop anything. If the defense would have made just a couple more stops the Bengals could have won behind that shitty o-line! 

The team is a mess right now on both sides, but as much  money as they spent on defense, they should be much much better.

18 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Ok so I know this is about the o-line and as shitty as they are this defense is even worse. 

They needed one stop after the TD they knew the Browns were going to run it, and they couldn’t stop anything. If the defense would have made just a couple more stops the Bengals could have won behind that shitty o-line! 

The team is a mess right now on both sides, but as much  money as they spent on defense, they should be much much better.

Well, $42 million of that spending on D is on IR right now, and the impact of Reader has been blunted by the loss of Geno. So that leaves Vonn Bell and some rookies. No real surprise the D looks unimproved.

Looking at the schedule I see five games I’d give them a shot in: Eagles, Dolphins, Giants, Colts and Football Team. Say they go 3-2 there. Then maybe they pull out an upset or two. So 3-5 wins? 7 strikes me as the absolute best case for this squad right now.

Agree that they should completely overall scouting and evaluation. But they won’t.

Per football outsiders, Bengals are currently 10.9% likely to earn the first overall pick, just behind Carolina at 11%. Cincinnati currently has a 40.4% chance of picking in the top 5.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Looking at the schedule I see five games I’d give them a shot in: Eagles, Dolphins, Giants, Colts and Football Team. Say they go 3-2 there. Then maybe they pull out an upset or two. So 3-5 wins? 7 strikes me as the absolute best case for this squad right now.

Agree that they should completely overall scouting and evaluation. But they won’t.

Per football outsiders, Bengals are currently 10.9% likely to earn the first overall pick, just behind Carolina at 11%. Cincinnati currently has a 40.4% chance of picking in the top 5.

I'm going to change my projection to "hope" they'll start putting some wins together.   Still don't see it above 7. 

10 of Zac's 16 losses have been by 8 points or less.    There's a whole bunch stuff that can happen to make it look closer or not as close.   I have to "hope" they'll start stumbling into some luck. 

• Like 1