membengal

Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

I think Chad is planning on being the new ORG, and so he bulked up on the potato soup and rolls at OCharleys

That Tweet is the most Chad Johnson thing I've ever seen, and it's been a while.

• Like 1

I think Chad's initial departure was a little rocky. He has more than made amends though. I'll view him more fondly as a Bengal of recent memory than I ever will his quarterback.

• Like 1

The thing about Chad is he’s forever about 12 years old. Which has its downsides but in the end if I could be Peter Pan forever, sign me up.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

That Tweet is the most Chad Johnson thing I've ever seen, and it's been a while.

O’Charleys. Priceless 

Some recent mocks coming out have Slater going off the board before Sewell.

some secret scouting info from pro scout sources say so.....

smoke screen or truth? 

It wouldn't surprise me if some were put off by the pro day. The guy took a year off and did not look like the same athlete during his workout, that we saw his Sophomore season. That has to scare people since you can't have in person visits and no prospects are allowed to travel

Slater has always had his proponents due to his perceived “plug ‘n’ play” nature. Sewell has been more of an “upside” guy. In Cincy that might not matter as much given the lack of accountability in the FO, but for an organization where a high pick busting can get a coach and/or GM fired, Slater being the (allegedly) safer pick has to factor into calculations.

• Like 1

Slater vs Sewell is important because there will be large portion of Bengal nation mad if the pick isn’t Sewell. 

I think Sewell could slide to the bottom top 10 if Bengals don’t take him. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

...but for an organization where a high pick busting can get a coach and/or GM fired, Slater being the (allegedly) safer pick has to factor into calculations.

Great point.