Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

membengal

So Zac tbinks Burrows pocket awareness. That is a reason to keep starting Bobby Hart. Lmfao so the Qb's ability to run for his life. That's a reason to keep starting someone who shouldn't be on a NFL roster??? Lmfao just wow!!! At this pace Zac may end up being the worse HC ever to coach here. If the loses keep piling up and they continue to not improve at all. They need to let Zac go. Maybe fire him half way through this season. Highly unlikely yet it should happen. No reason to let Zac do any damage to Burrow. 

I saw too many folks wanting linebackers over OL ( and their wish was certainly granted) in the last draft to believe many folks have the GIMME A LINEMAN mindset

the way I see it, a top quality OL benefits both the offense and the defense (longer time of possession gives D more rest and fewer snaps to the opposing offense) and helps protect the investment in your most expensive and hard to replace player, ie starting qb

gotta gotta gotta gimme more linemen

For what it’s worth when Josh Jones, OT, Houston, was sitting there for the taking at the top of the 2nd round, I wanted him. They went WR with Higgins, hence my smartass comment.

Yes I wanted a LB, but I wanted specific ones and most namely: Patrick Queen. Once he was gone, I was onto OT, then the team went with back to back LB’s I hadn’t given much thought to.

If anyone recalls, I wanted them to grab a free agent o-lineman and most namely there was: Jack Conklin who went to the Browns.

There’s always next year... right ??

• Like 1

This current group just needs some time to gel. Like about 11 or 12 more weeks,  then they’ll look somewhat promising the last couple weeks.  They’ll also bond as a unit when they go out together and buy Mixon a custom-made wheelchair or when they go as a unified set to Burrow’s calling hours.  Then Tobin will say we saw some real promise the last few weeks, looking forward to the off-season for these guys.  Lots of season tickets still available!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

I think pretty much everyone wanted a LB in r2, but I'll admit to frustration-loaded bias

That’s just not true. I think some folks said IF queen was there they wanted him but the default of everyone was either OL or OL-if-queen-gone.

They needed to sign a better OG than Sua in the off-season, which was the same lazy attempt in trying to fill needs at the MLB spot with Peterson or re-signing Hart.  Just bad moves.  Turner's faith in some of these guys hasn't panned out, he should be fired immediately IMO.  He is going to get Burrow put on IR and shorten his career at some point.   Enough already, how many games are you going to lose (or not win)??

• Like 1

At this point redmon has to get the start at RG . It maybe time for Duke to look to make a trade or two. If Duke was any good at all. He could pull off a deal for Ross and or Tate. To bring in a decent tackle. That whole right side is complete garbage. Not even back up level players. An I agree Turner should be dismissed immediately! An the play calling needs to be removed from Zac. He is terrible and has always been horrible as an OC. Zac did not do anything to deserve being hired as a HC. Really needs to do everyone on the team and in the city a favor. Step down as the HC. I believe Zac is as big of a liability as Hart is. This team will not improve as long as Zac is the HC. 

As said earlier in this thread: this line can be so bad it derails the whole rebuild.

That’s exactly what is happening.    They can’t even run normal stuff.   When Burrow gets  knocked out of a game or season it will hit them right in the face.

This was the issue standing pat for Burrow;  they need draft ammo and a high hit rate before they Bengalize Burrow and every young player they have because that line can’t block crap. 

9 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

If you like that Kansas kid, let him cut his teeth at RG.   There’s plenty of tackles that get groomed inside first.  

Did Fred get injured or yanked for Price? 

I haven’t heard anything about an injury so yanked, I think. Didn’t really matter since Price is a bucket of spit too.

And yeah, what the hell, bring on Hakeem. Can’t get much worse.

“I think I can do a better job of making one or two guys miss in the pocket,” Burrow said.

Just. Wow. Wow that he has to say that - much less think it.

By the way, no way that guy is getting "Bengalized". He may die, but he won't ever stop being who he is. He's so damn good.