Second Round Pre-Pick Thread

Wraith

I just don't feel confident Jones would immediately replace Hart, based on what the Bengals' are paying Hart if nothing else,  and his upside is somewhat limited.  It's basically a first round pick, and I don't think Jones has first round talent, but ultimately I almost never have issue with drafting an o-lineman in the first 3 rounds, just not my preference this year.  Having 2 rookie tackles out there is ridiculous, behind a rookie franchise QB, it's just not smart.  Find a solid OG in the 3rd or 4th, or see which RT's drop.  Hart's just going to suck until they finally replace his ass.

I like Baun because you cannot argue with 12.5 sacks, 19 TFL and a 4.65" 40 in the BiG, and yes he can cover, and has the potential to do that quite well (not sure where the notion he can't comes from, his tape says otherwise).  I think the biggest knock on him is his size, and how he was used at Wisc.

I won't complain if Baun drops to the 3rd, but I can't see that happening.

Also think you can wait on a WR, but not seeing Baun's name mentioned anywhere with the Bengals', am starting to think a DE/DT may be the way they go, or WR.  MB loves his 2nd round RB's/WR's.

I had forgotten how pre-mad some of you all get. Wow. Mims, Jones, Baun or trading back are all equally viable. Some I am a fan of more than others, none are bad. And if they go BPA with blacklock if that’s how they have their board, so be it. I just don’t want them to reach for someone way down their board for “need”. Felt like that was the weirdness with Sample last year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Wtf.  We should have traded up to get the LB.  The only reason they could want to trade back, imo, is they want to go defense with this pick but can’t overlook that Houston tackle at 33.  The plot thickens!

3 minutes ago, COB said:

Wtf.  We should have traded up to get the LB.  The only reason they could want to trade back, imo, is they want to go defense with this pick but can’t overlook that Houston tackle at 33.  The plot thickens!

Lap thinks they go WR if they stay. Meh.

I'm warm to the idea of Higgins more so than Mims if they go WR, but only because I've seen more of Higgins against NFL talent.  I'm not going to bash any of these picks, if they make sense btw.  

Burrow could use another weapon.  AJ may be gone next year, same with Ross.  They gotta do something there.  Just too many needs on a 2-win team I guess.

Like I said earlier, I don’t hate WR at 33, I just think it’s a really deep class at the position and I’d wait. Every time I did a mock draft this year and took a WR at 33 I was regretting it at the top of the third and even the fourth.

For the record, Mims is a monster. 4.39 at 6'3" 207 pounds - and was dealing with shit at QB last year. He's got massive upside and his new QB might be Joe Burrow. Let's just say, I am not kicking that pick out of bed if I am the Bengals or the fanbase. But, definitely, get mad and what not. 

Truth be told I think 33 is hard to get wrong if they stay put. When we try to talk about the "needs" of a 2-14 team, we're talking about the entire freaking roster short of a small handful of positions. Get me a talented player just about anywhere other than running back and I can justify it.

7 minutes ago, membengal said:

For the record, Mims is a monster. 4.39 at 6'3" 207 pounds - and was dealing with shit at QB last year. He's got massive upside and his new QB might be Joe Burrow. Let's just say, I am not kicking that pick out of bed if I am the Bengals or the fanbase. But, definitely, get mad and what not. 

I wouldn't be mad, just not my preference.  I'd prefer immediate impact vs depth and future potential at #33, if they drop down then that changes.  If they were a good team last year I'd feel differently.   I don't think Mims, Blacklock, Higgins, Gross-Matos, Espenesa, Jones or Baun would be bad picks.

9 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I wouldn't be mad, just not my preference.  I'd prefer immediate impact vs depth and future potential at #33, if they drop down then that changes.  If they were a good team last year I'd feel differently.   I don't think Mims, Blacklock, Higgins, Gross-Matos, Espenesa, Jones or Baun would be bad picks.

Not a fan of the DEs otherwise, I agree.