R.I.P. Bengalszone

blueridge

This board is just so moribund. Where are the moderators? Start some new threads. For several days I have come here only to see the same tired threads on the front page. Donte Whitner has his own thread, but none of the other FAs we actually signed? I mean, why bother,right?

This board is just so moribund. Where are the moderators? Start some new threads. For several days I have come here only to see the same tired threads on the front page. Donte Whitner has his own thread, but none of the other FAs we actually signed? I mean, why bother,right?

Why would we need more threads than we have? You want to discuss Fanene, Clements, or Lawson? Go to the FA thread that currently has 16 pages worth of conversation. I don't need 50 threads to look through for all the FA signings. One will do just fine.

Other discussion topics? There are two threads talking about injury reports and pre-season games... a "Bad Feelings" thread to go along with a "Good-Feelings Playoff chances" thread, and a variety of conversations about training camp (not to mention the infamous 70 pages worth of all-you-can-handle Carson Palmer discussion).

You want more topics? Well, get at it then. But my guess is that whatever topic you manufacture will get merged into one of the larger categories that seem to suit the rest of us just fine.

The mods are right here as we always are. What's your issue ??

You don't like the "tired" threads you say ?? No issue, start a new one that hasn't already been discussed here. You have the ability to do that.

What I and the mods here DON'T do, is allow there to be 25 different threads all discussing Carson Palmer, started by 25 different people who all think they have their own enlightened version of what's going on and are to good to discuss with the group in a common thread.

In looking at what we currently have for threads at this point in time, I think that about covers it.

I would invite you to do a few different things.

Go look through the threads to see if what you want to discuss has been talked about.

Start new threads about things that haven't been discussed.

Or head to another site that is leaps and bounds above what we have to offer here.

Speaking only for myself...(ahem)....I have just emerged freshly scrubbed and slightly pinkish from an electronic nightmare that until a few short hours ago has prevented me from enjoying the internets for nearly three weeks.

Anyways, I'm back, and I'm guessing once I get up to speed on the things I've missed there will be a fair amount of hell to pay. Opinions will be swapped. Names will be called. Hard glances will be flashed. Fingers will be pointed.

I intend to amuse myself.

I like how this board is moderated. I assume you are, without saying, saying you like how it is at Go's site. If you want a thread for every new article (Bengals related) that old finds, that's def a good board. And if you want a thread for each FA signing so the same people can bitch about Mike Brown no matter the signing, that's a good board.

As for me, I like how it is set up here, and the sometimes leisurely pace of the discussions.

:angel:

:rip:

The mods are right here as we always are. What's your issue ??

You don't like the "tired" threads you say ?? No issue, start a new one that hasn't already been discussed here. You have the ability to do that.

What I and the mods here DON'T do, is allow there to be 25 different threads all discussing Carson Palmer, started by 25 different people who all think they have their own enlightened version of what's going on and are to good to discuss with the group in a common thread.

In looking at what we currently have for threads at this point in time, I think that about covers it.

I would invite you to do a few different things.

Go look through the threads to see if what you want to discuss has been talked about.

Start new threads about things that haven't been discussed.

Or head to another site that is leaps and bounds above what we have to offer here.

:cry: Well said compadre. :cheers:

Blueridge, just remember that we are all very highly paid volunteers. We do this just because. And you are welcome to post new topics anytime you like.

Face it, there isn't always much to talk about when your team is coming off of a 4-12 disaster of a season and they were ranked dead last among all sports teams. Sometimes there is just nothing to say.

So like Army has said, we have tried to consolidate the threads into ones that have a theme or major topic to keep all of the silly fragments and splinters to a minimum. Instead of having 100 threads with five posts each, I would rather have five threads with 100 posts in it. But that's just me.

Keep the faith. Once the season starts, I am sure things will get better. Also, there are a bunch of other forums besides the Bengals on this site.

I like the moderation here a lot.

I like how I can call Army an asshat, and Billy a douchebag, and B24 a worthless waste of human flesh, etc etc etc and get away with it

well, hmm.....maybe not that last part......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to disagree. Best Bengals board on the net. Not to over the top on the positivity and negativity. Balanced and grounded with a good mix of knowledgable a**h***s.

Everybody's got one....or two.......

Yeah but everyone on here is likeable. Can't say that for the .com, for example. Not that I post there.

I like the moderation here a lot.

I like how I can call Army an asshat, and Billy a douchebag, and B24 a worthless waste of human flesh, etc etc etc and get away with it

well, hmm.....maybe not that last part......

Asshat ?? ASSHAT ?? I got your asshat motherf*cker !!!

Wait a minute, I am kind of an asshat.

Carry on my friend...

:cheers:

The real irony here, my fine feathered friend, is that you, indeed DID start a new thread to complain that there weren't any new threads.

Wow...I just blew my own mind.

Opinions will be swapped. Names will be called. Hard glances will be flashed. Fingers will be pointed.

Jaws will be slacked?

Well, that's probably not a word I would have picked, but I guess it all depends upon what you're trying to say, right? For example, slacked or slackened? The first word, which some claim isn't a real word at all, is defined as acting in the manner of the rural inbred yokel. The second word relates only to a slowing of pace.

Back on February 20th I started a thread about some old lady I met. You, Blueridge, were nowhere to be found in that thread. Billy commented in it and so did RedBengalsBucks, I think. So if you don't comment in awesome threads like that, how can you complain about there being no awesome threads?

I'm thinking about starting a thread about the aluminum siding on my house, you better be there.

How did Tina Turner sing it?? Simply the Best!!! Me likey the ZONE...can be a fan of another team and its cool..(well maybe not Piss burgh)..but most of them.... :lol:

I just can't understand why Bengalszone isn't more enthusiastic about the Bengals' saavy free agent signings, I am with BlueRidge. I mean cmon, they clearly showed their impact tonight and will in the future.

I just don't understand this people, the Bengals' are so aweseome and just have had a 22 year run of bad luck and injuries, it happens.