Is this not strike 3 ????

most posted strike 2 but if i remember right

strike 1 = driving car without proper id/speeding = arrested

strike 2 = a few buds of pot found on person = arrested

strike 3 = gun charges ect = arrested

correct me if im wrong

but i hardly am

I am afraid you are wrong

strikes 1 & 2 were one arrest he was stopped for the driving one and they found the drugs on him then.

and even if they were 3 different arrest's doesnt it have to be in the same state that uses the 3 strike rule ?

It really doesn't matter. There are more than few enablers on this board that would give him 10! :blink:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad was on Rome today and pretty much said that he knows nothing about it. He said that Chris doesn't understand the microscope that he's under by being an NFL player and that he needs to understand that he has to walk a fine line.

He really didn't comment much more than that. I'm sure you can find the transcript of the interview somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Thanks LB51. It does ... sort of, although I sure as hell don't understand what he means by:

"Chris doesn't understand the microscope that he's under by being an NFL player and that he needs to understand that he has to walk a fine line.

WTF does he mean by that? I mean how fine is the line you must walk not to get busted for pot because the car you were driving has expired tags and not get arrested for pointing a hand gun a people? Last time I checked that's the line we all have to walk, and truth be told, that line ain't all that fine. In fact it's pretty easy.

True, there are times I slid off that line, and I really had to try. It wasn't no accident. The difference was I wasn't risking a promising NFL career.

Whatever Marv does will be the right thing.

He will get the problem corrected in one way or another.

Remember, that there are always two sides to every story. (Please don't misunderstand, I cannot believe this, and how stupid the kid is being, notice present tense.) We have not heard Henry's side yet, and while I cannot imagine what he will possibly have to say, there may be some (minor?) extenuating circumstances.

In any event, Marv will cull the depths of this one to get to the right answer, whether it is release or rehabilitation.

I only hope for the best outcome for all! Henry grows up, figures his __it out, becomes the next coming of Issac Curtis in the era of the pass and teams with Chad for 10 years and becomes the greatest tandem in the history of football (or maybe 2nd greatest, to Chad and TJ, of course)!

Besides, just look at other recent examples: Sean Taylor, Jamal Lewis (am I missing any?)

:grass:

:angel:

Last, I didn't pimp Henry prior to the last draft but on draft day I scrambled to do so when he was still available in the 3rd round. His talent is undeniable and in my opinion the Bengals just scratched the surface of it. But some problems are more serious than others...( weed never hurt anyone)...and pointing a gun at a crowd of people trumps whatever talent he may have.

I hear ya. All I'm saying is that whether one believes moving on is a good idea or not...things as they stand don't really provide much of an option. And yeah, things might change...but one has no clue what the next disaster might be, and no reason to trust that there won't be another disaster. It absolutely stinks to have to walk away from the talent Henry represents...but I agree, he just trumped his own ace.

Let's reframe the situation, if it make it easier to digest. Consider CH a FA who had a 1 year deal....now his time is up and another suitor (prison) is calling...the Bengals thank him for his effort and results but now he proceeds to his next stint.

We all will move on. Another draft, another FA, another player....which is sad, given the possible long-term situation CH offered, or one that his behavior prevented. He had the option to have an NFL career in Cincy, one that offered financial security for him and probably most ofhis family but he crapped it away like a dumb, thug-wannabee...I'm sure his momma is proud.

At least Stanley Wilson didn't have a gun.

You guys are splitting hairs on the "3 Strikes" thing. For one thing, I don't think Marvin gives any player 3 chances to screw the team. But if you were talking on legal terms, drugs and driving infractions don't qualify as strikes. But they do cross state lines. At least in California.

Marvin's not impetuous enough to cut the guy, but he's definitely in the dog house. Assuming there's some kind of disposition to the case before the season starts, he'll probably be suspended for 3 games. After that, I suspect that ML will keep him inactive for a few more.

The real question will be how this affects the free agency and draft situation. KW is a decent enough WR, but I'd hate to have to re-sign him because you have no other choice.

I don't think it's a good idea to embarass Marvin Lewis, and that is exactly what Henry did. Marvin drafted him in the 3rd round. That is a huge commitment on Marvin's part. Everyone knew why he slipped, and Marv took a chance, and got burned 3 times IN LESS THAN A YEAR!!! I think the last guy to embarass Marv was Corey Dillon. Maybe Reggie Myles. Either case they're gone. It was a wasted pick, but it should provide a lesson.

Henry pleads not guilty

Gun WR allegedly waved outside club was listed as stolen

By Chick Ludwig

Dayton Daily News

CINCINNATI | Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry entered a plea of not guilty following his weekend arrest on gun charges in Orlando, Fla.

A reading of the charges against him was waived on Monday and a plea of not guilty was entered before Judge John Kest in Orange County Court. A hearing had not been scheduled by the close of business on Tuesday.

According to police, Henry came close to getting shot after pointing a gun at revelers along West Central Boulevard in Orlando early Saturday. He is charged with possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm.

Henry faces a maximum of 11 years in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted of all charges. Possession of a concealed firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm are third-degree felonies in Florida, punishable by up to a five-year prison term and $5,000 fines on each. Improper exhibition of a firearm is a first-degree misdemeanor, carrying a maximum one-year sentence and $1,000 fine.

A drug charge also is pending against Henry, who was picked up for possession of marijuana in Covington, Ky., in December. He faces disciplinary action from the NFL that could include a fine and suspension for violating the league's conduct policy.

"The incident in Orlando involving Chris Henry is unfortunate, and does not shine a good light on the Bengals organization," head coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement. "We will allow the judicial system to run its course. The NFL will act on this matter according to its player conduct standards, and I will deal with Chris in relation to his standing on our football team."

In his arrest report, Orlando police Sgt. Dean DeSchryver said he noticed a limousine blocking traffic outside a nightclub on the crowded street. He and other officers began closing in when it appeared a fight was about to erupt. A man identified as Henry stepped out of the limo, pulled a pistol from his waistband and aimed it at a group of people on the sidewalk.

DeSchryver drew his gun, ordered Henry to freeze, and watched as Henry tossed the gun into the limo. The officer subdued Henry, then found a 9 mm Luger on the backseat of the vehicle.

"Based on what I saw, he was directing the gun at somebody," DeSchryver told Cincinnati's WKRC-TV. "I believe it was his intention to use the weapon. Had there not been a hundred or so people directly behind him that had just left the club, I probably would have shot him."

A photo taken of Henry after his arrest showed he was wearing his uniform number 15 Bengals jersey. Police said the gun in Henry's possession had been reported stolen from a Tampa area home during a burglary last month.

"The gun was stolen. I told him that," DeSchryver said. "(Henry) seemed to be concerned about that. After I told him, he kind of lowered his head, like, 'Oh, no, not something else.' "

Interesting nugget from PFT...like I said befre, he needs to rexamine the crowd he's hanging with...

HUE HAD BEEN BABYSITTING HENRY

Based on a tip from a reader, we've confirmed via a league source that Bengals receiver Chris Henry had been living with receivers coach Hue Jackson after Henry's December 2005 arrest on charges of marijuana possession.

Apparently, some relatives and/or friends of Henry either moved in with or near Henry in Kentucky after Hurricane Katrina struck his home state of Louisiana. Some of these folks apparently weren't the best of influences on him, so after Henry was busted during his rookie season he started bunking with Jackson.

But Jackson could only watch Henry so closely after the season ended. Based on published reports regarding Henry's most recent arrest, he was spending more time that he should have in Orlando.

Kudos to the Bengals for realizing that Henry needed a full-time babysitter, but shame on the Bengals for not having a better plan to keep him out of trouble before he was set loose on the free world.

Henry slipped to round three of the April 2005 draft due in large part to questions regarding his character. Some teams even struck him from their draft boards.

And as one league insider told us on Tuesday, "I told you so."

Interesting nugget from PFT...like I said befre, he needs to rexamine the crowd he's hanging with...
HUE HAD BEEN BABYSITTING HENRY

Based on a tip from a reader, we've confirmed via a league source that Bengals receiver Chris Henry had been living with receivers coach Hue Jackson after Henry's December 2005 arrest on charges of marijuana possession.

Apparently, some relatives and/or friends of Henry either moved in with or near Henry in Kentucky after Hurricane Katrina struck his home state of Louisiana. Some of these folks apparently weren't the best of influences on him, so after Henry was busted during his rookie season he started bunking with Jackson.

But Jackson could only watch Henry so closely after the season ended. Based on published reports regarding Henry's most recent arrest, he was spending more time that he should have in Orlando.

Kudos to the Bengals for realizing that Henry needed a full-time babysitter, but shame on the Bengals for not having a better plan to keep him out of trouble before he was set loose on the free world.

Henry slipped to round three of the April 2005 draft due in large part to questions regarding his character. Some teams even struck him from their draft boards.

And as one league insider told us on Tuesday, "I told you so."

Yep... you win some, you lose some. If we want a coach willing to take these gambles that sometimes result in huge draft steals, like Odell Thurman, we have to be willing to accept the times it doesn't work out.

The Bengals should draft Demterius Williams from Oregon in the 1st round and work on developing Tab Perry's receiving skills.

With each passing day...(pun intended)...the draft draws closer and the Bengals offense becomes even more needy.

TE

WR

QB

OL

Somebody please find Chris Perry and lock him in a padded room filled with pillows.

For the sake of argument, let's say Marv keeps him in Cincy as a Chris Carter kind of project. Considering the Pot bust and the Gun charges, what will the NFL hand out in terms of punishment?

If this is his first drug incident I think he gets 4 games...can we verify that?

For the gun thing, that could be another 4 games...anyone know for sure?

For the sake of argument, let's say Marv keeps him in Cincy as a Chris Carter kind of project. Considering the Pot bust and the Gun charges, what will the NFL hand out in terms of punishment?

If this is his first drug incident I think he gets 4 games...can we verify that?

For the gun thing, that could be another 4 games...anyone know for sure?

Here is a quote from an article that touches on that

a little bit...

The NFL has a written policy regarding firearms that applies to all league and club employees, including players. The league has the right to discipline a player, including suspending him, should he violate a public law concerning weapons, as Henry has been charged with doing.

Under the NFL's personal conduct policy, any league employee arrested for or charged with a criminal activity is required to undergo clinical evaluation and could be sent for additional counseling or treatment.

Any person convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be suspended without pay or banished from the league for a period of time to be determined by the commissioner.

Indianapolis starting safety Mike Doss was given a two-game suspension (which he later appealed down to just one game) at the start of the 2005 season for pleading no contest to a misdemeanor gun charge. Doss had been arrested for firing a gun in an Akron restaurant last June.

Because of his drug arrest, Henry is also subject to the league's substance abuse policy.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../602010314/1022

I don`t think he is facing any suspension over the drug charges though.

It was his first offense.

Here is a quote from an article about Ricky Williams..

Under league rules, a player who tests positive twice is fined the value equal to his pay for four games. According to salary data released by the NFL Players Association, that would cost Williams $878,823.53.

A player who tests positive a third time is given at least a four-game suspension. A player who tests positive a fourth time is suspended for at least a season. The NFL announces only suspensions, not drug-related fines.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4981431

If I reacll the reports about Henry's pot bust correctly, it's different than a positive drug test. If he pleads guilty, or gets convicted, then the comissioner's office has the right to impose a suspension of "up to" 4 games. I doubt he would get more than 1.

maybe, maybe not for the drug issue. Clemons was handed a 4 game suspension...i don;t recall any of his "previous" positives or fines.

I'm pretty sure possessing the stuff is the same as a positive test, it is in other sports. If anything it would trigger him needing to be tested.

for the gun issue, dman, Mike Doss actually fires his gun and get 1 game...hmmm....i wonder about the details of that one. Maybe he had a permit...hmmm...

for the gun issue, dman, Mike Doss actually fires his gun and get 1 game...hmmm....i wonder about the details of that one. Maybe he had a permit...hmmm...

I don't remember hearing about that one... Was he firing it at anyone or just being an idiot on his own? Henry pulling his "little friend" out on a crowd is almost as bad as that I'd say, if not worse.

If I reacll the reports about Henry's pot bust correctly, it's different than a positive drug test. If he pleads guilty, or gets convicted, then the comissioner's office has the right to impose a suspension of "up to" 4 games. I doubt he would get more than 1.

You`re right. I really didn`t know.

The drug policy is 33 pages and I didn`t feel like

sifting through it all.

http://www.nflpa.org/PDFs/Shared/Drug_Policy_2005.pdf

But I did and on page 20 it states...

A player will be subject to and including suspension

without pay for 4 games (regular season and/or post season)

for a first offense of substances of abuse other than alcohol.

OUCH...