Chris Henry arrested on Gun Charges

oldschooler

Pulling a gun to threaten someone is considered aggravated assault.That is a felony.Florida law states that he would serve a mandatory 10 year sentence for each count of aggravated assault with a weapon.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/10-20-life/bg.html

If he's proven guilty,he's going to jail.The judge won't care one bit that he's from the inner city,or that he plays for the Bengals.

Moron.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before none of you were there so don't be so quick to judge. I guess for me personally, I have sympathy for the man because at 22 I made some bad descions myself. Lord knows what kind of s**t I would have got into if I had a couple of hundred thou in my pocket at 22. Nobody could have told me s**t.

Pointing a gun at a crowd...............you guys act like that was some random act. I'm sure that was intended for someone.

Doing it in front of po po.............what, you think he saw one time and then did it. Please. The pig was either undercover or Henry just plain didn't see him.

Getting caught with a couple of sacks is nothing. At 22 I remember we used to roll and blaze while driving. Not glorify it but I did a lot of dumb foolish s**t back in the day. But I didn't realize until I got older, matured, and somebody who I respect talked some sense into me. Hopefully Henry has that same respect for Marvin or some other figure in his life.

My basic point is this. Chris Henry is young and dumb. Marvin Lewis knew the risk of drafting this kid. The same can be said for Thurman, and you can even make the same kind of case for KW (neck) and Weathersby (shot). So, why cut him? How does that benefit the Bengals? I would love to see Henry come back and prove everbody wrong. The bud case is bulls**t because half the league probably smokes dozah. Half the people on this message board probably smoke.

Chris Henry needs to realize that he is now a proffessional. Therefore you can't keep running around with the same crew who are going to put yourself and your career in danger over bulls**t. True friends wouldn't even let you hold a piece or even be within the vacinity. I know it's real but stay above the bulls**t. Your in the NFL with talent to make millions!! Don't blow it. Man get you head right. You have the potential to be a #1 receiver on just about any team easy...........you know right from wrong, don't let your past keep you in the past. The righteous past is straight and narrow so maintain and knowtheledge. Look at Cris Carter and Ray Lewis. Find the focus and keep the disipline.

Chris Henry I hope it ain't to late because your a hell of a talent.

WHODEY!!!

Henry has more legal trouble

Bengals receiver arrested on 3 firearms charges

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

DETROIT - After they had drafted him in the third round in April, Bengals coaches dismissed concerns about Chris Henry's character as limited to on-field displays of emotion and immaturity.

Early Saturday morning, the Bengals wide receiver was arrested by Orlando, Fla., police and charged with possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm.

The arrest in Florida comes a little more than a month after Henry was arrested Dec. 15 in Covington and charged with marijuana possession. That case has been continued.

Henry, 22, was a member of a party riding in a limousine that became embroiled in a conflict with another group on an Orlando sidewalk on West Center Boulevard, according to the police report.

Henry pulled a 9mm Lugar from the waistline of his pants and pointed it at someone on the sidewalk, police said. Henry tossed the gun back into the limo but was wrestled to the ground by officers. He was arrested at 2:15 a.m., spent the rest of the night in jail and posted $3,000 bond.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the club would have no comment because Henry's case is on-going in the legal system.

Robert Lotz, who represents Henry in the marijuana possession case, did not return a message left at his home. John Frederickson, Henry's agent, could not be reached late Monday.

Henry also had been arrested Nov. 2 while driving southbound on Interstate 75 in Erlanger. He pleaded guilty Dec. 29 to two of four charges, speeding and driving with an expired registration, and paid a fine.

Henry played in 14 games as a rookie and had 31 receptions for 422 yards and six touchdowns. He emerged early in the season as the team's No. 3 wide receiver behind starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0368/1066/rss07

Hmmmmm....

MIAMI -- Washington Redskins free safety Sean Taylor was released on $16,500 bond after he was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a firearm.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2076897

DETROIT - After they had drafted him in the third round in April, Bengals coaches dismissed concerns about Chris Henry's character as limited to on-field displays of emotion and immaturity.

Early Saturday morning, the Bengals wide receiver was arrested by Orlando, Fla., police and charged with possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm.

The arrest in Florida comes a little more than a month after Henry was arrested Dec. 15 in Covington and charged with marijuana possession. That case has been continued.

Henry, 22, was a member of a party riding in a limousine that became embroiled in a conflict with another group on an Orlando sidewalk on West Center Boulevard, according to the police report.

Henry pulled a 9mm Lugar from the waistline of his pants and pointed it at someone on the sidewalk, police said. Henry tossed the gun back into the limo but was wrestled to the ground by officers. He was arrested at 2:15 a.m., spent the rest of the night in jail and posted $3,000 bond.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the club would have no comment because Henry's case is on-going in the legal system.

Robert Lotz, who represents Henry in the marijuana possession case, did not return a message left at his home. John Frederickson, Henry's agent, could not be reached late Monday.

Henry also had been arrested Nov. 2 while driving southbound on Interstate 75 in Erlanger. He pleaded guilty Dec. 29 to two of four charges, speeding and driving with an expired registration, and paid a fine.

Henry played in 14 games as a rookie and had 31 receptions for 422 yards and six touchdowns. He emerged early in the season as the team's No. 3 wide receiver behind starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Hmmmmm....

MIAMI -- Washington Redskins free safety Sean Taylor was released on $16,500 bond after he was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a firearm.

Sweet. The judge let them out on bond. I guess that means all charges will be dropped. I work with the legal system on a regular basis in my line of work... and this will probably drag out for a while, but he will definitely do time. There's just too much risk for the court system to let him loose right now. Any judge who puts him back on the street doesn't deserve his position. Henry is not suitable for society right now.

Here is a link to that has a copy of the police report...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/eve/henry.pdf

Geeeez that cop has the worst hand writting ever !

I did notice at the beginning of the report he

says..."Possess a firearm in public and threaten another person."

Then later in the report he says "he pointed it at the other group."

Try to read it if you can...it looks like he tried to write it with

a pen between his ass cheeks ! :lol:

This really put's in to perspective the whole "Chad" incident. Big deal, a shouting match with a coach. Look at all the trouble Henry has been with moderate success. I can't imagine what will happen once he starts getting big time. He will be a nightmare. This is the 3rd strike. The trouble in college, the weed, and now the gun. It's sad, but he'll cause this team alot of problems. I say 70% he's gone. I'm would like to apologize to Chad Johnson for saying that arguing with coaches is a tradeable offense. Henry must go, and this is the worst off-season in Bengal history. I hope at least Carson's knee is healing.

Hmmmmm....

Sweet. The judge let them out on bond. I guess that means all charges will be dropped. I work with the legal system on a regular basis in my line of work... and this will probably drag out for a while, but he will definitely do time. There's just too much risk for the court system to let him loose right now. Any judge who puts him back on the street doesn't deserve his position. Henry is not suitable for society right now.

Over react much ? :lol:

I say let the courts decide the time he needs to spend in prison, but give him the support and help he needs to at least try to improve himself as a person.

The Bengals have already invested a draft pick and contract on him, a little compasion and support is not going to cost them anymore.

Dont get me wrong, his actions are idiotic. All I am saying is that he should not be dropped like a rotten apple, he is a young kid that needs to learn from his mistakes.

Money wise the Bengals need to limit the hit against the cap, but also insure that when this kid gets out that he comes to camp for the Bengals for his comeback attempt.

This gives the Bengals the best of both sides of a bad situation.

I would hate to see Cris Henry scoring TD's for the Ravens, you know they would give him a tryout.

What a Dumb @ss! :angry:

Even if his agent and attorney get these two issues resolved better than you or I would be treated he's still looking at two misdemeanors and a 3-4 week suspension by the league. :rant:

Unlike the last decade of Bungles, :bag: he will also have to answer to Marvin and the Bengals locker room.

Tab Perry cannot replace Chris. Different size and different talents.

K-Wash can't replace him because he SUCKS!!!!! :swear:

Walter, possibly. But he's more of a steady player than the bolt of lightning Henry is.

I believe he'll get one more chance and some serious tough love... for better or worse.

:2guns:

On 1360 this morning they were reporting that a female member of Henry's posse stated that Henry had a problem with the same group the previous week. So, he goes and gets himself a stolen heater. If that is true, this is not a heat of the moment thing. This is freaking premeditated assault or attempted murder. And he is wearing his flippin game jersey. You have got to be kidding me!

ML has to cut his losses here, or risk losing the respect of his veterans. Negotiate a 3-year deal with K-Wash and cut Henry loose.

On 1360 this morning they were reporting that a female member of Henry's posse stated that Henry had a problem with the same group the previous week. So, he goes and gets himself a stolen heater. If that is true, this is not a heat of the moment thing. This is freaking premeditated assault or attempted murder. And he is wearing his flippin game jersey. You have got to be kidding me!

ML has to cut his losses here, or risk losing the respect of his veterans. Negotiate a 3-year deal with K-Wash and cut Henry loose.

Wait a second... What if it really wasn't Chris Henry, but some transvestite simply wearing his jersey! We could be wrong....

:lmao::lmao: Some of you guys are defending him :lmao::lmao:

I really, truly CAN"T BELIEVE IT :huh::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jokes on you guys

It's amazing, isn't it? I especially love the defense that he is from an inner-city background and all the cards are stacked against him, blah blah blah.

I teach in an inner-city high school, and yes, I understand how awful some of these kids have it. I can understand the reasons they do some of the things they do. Still, there isn't a single kid in my school that doesn't understand why pulling a gun on someone is a bad thing to do. And in front of a police officer? To quote one of my inner-city students from 2nd period, "That guy is whacked!".

I hope he gets the help he needs, but he obviously needs a good vacation from football in order to do it.

Tab Perry cannot replace Chris. Different size and different talents.

K-Wash can't replace him because he SUCKS!!!!! :swear:

Walter, possibly. But he's more of a steady player than the bolt of lightning Henry is.

I believe he'll get one more chance and some serious tough love... for better or worse.

:2guns:

So you're suggesting that the Bengals give Henry another chance because he's got more athletic upside than the other players on the roster? <_<

what we have to realise is this guy is 30 cents short of a dollar. Anyone remember the hobson vids at the start of camp and a stumbling henry erm......yeah well im not sure erm...... etc. this kid sounds very sugestable to me and if he was in with the bad crowd during collage then you can sure bet they came sniffing around when he made the pro's.

he is foolish and stupid and doesnt deserve the chance he has been given and hasen't proven to the organisation that after his drugs bust he can stay out of trouble, I would hate to lose this kids talent but if he is a bengal come training camp I will be very suprised.

Please stop defending this guy. I loved his talent too, but would you be defending him if it was Tony Stewart doing this crap?? Hell no!

1. Being good doesn't give you a pass on this kind of behavior;

2. This would (will) continue if he stays on this team;

3. I doubt it will matter because the kid will do time;

4. This is where ML has to put the boot down taking control of this team;

5. This kid had opportunities not available to 99.9999% of inner city youth and he blew it.

[EDIT] 6. This is not the kind of guy I want on my team.

OK, here is my take. Henry is an idiot for putting himself in this position and ALLEGEDLY, committing these acts. I agree with the above that he is a professional and if that means stop hanging out with the crowd that got him in trouble at WVU then do it. If he is the instigator then he needs to stop and think about his behavior, get some counseling (anger management, alchohol, drugs, whatever it is). He may do time on this charge or he may not. I do not profess to know Florida law nor do I know the prosecutors involved, obviously.

However, I do not believe the Bengals cut ties with him, YET. He has not been convicted of doing anything, YET. I do not know what Henry's contract states, but I do believe the NFL can fine, suspend, order counseling... for players CONVICTED of a crime. If the Bengals cut him right now they may be facing a wrongful termination law suit down the road, especially, if the officer if full of b.s. or if someone in the crowd was waving a gun at Henry (self defense could serve as a mitigating circumstance here) or any other number of possible scenarios.

With that being said, I do not want my beloved Bengals being looked upon by the rest of the NFL as the new Ravens. The Bengals should, in my opinion, confront Henry about, steer him to counseling to try to right the ship so to speak (this would also impress the prosecutor possibly), convince him to do some community service or any other avenue they could pursue to somewhat punish him yet having him acknowledge his own faults and address those faults. IF he is convicted, lets see what he is convicted of and address that situation when it surfaces. Let's not put the cart before the horse here. Just my two cents, thx for letting me ramble.

I knew a girl that was "arrested"

for trying to kidnap her own kids once.

It made the front page of the local paper.

Her mug shot was plastered on there and everything.

It looked REALLY bad for her at that time.

But when she went to trial she was found INNOCENT.

I`m not saying Henry is innocent...but I`m sure

not going to automatically condemn him as guilty either.

Anyway it`s not up to ME or any of YOU to decide his guilt

or innocence...or even if he should be cut or not.

So being the "blind homer" I am... I tend to stick by my team

and it`s players til it plays it`s self out and the truth comes out.

But that`s just me...the "blind homer" ...:rolleyes:

I don't know.

My knee jerk reaction is he needs to go. I still mostly feel that way.

On the other hand, it might (assuming he escapes jail time, which seems unlikely) be worthwhile to work out a chaperoning arrangement of some kind. Clearly, the kid needs full time guidance, and he is not likely to seek this guidance out on his own -- so if it is gonna happen, it'll be the Bengals organization providing a "personal assistant" for this wayward fellow.

Yeah, it's essentially adult babysitting, but if someone where willing to pay me, oh, 150k a year to do so, I'd be happy to do it. I'm sure plenty of others, more qualified than I, perhaps a retired Bengal with a good head on his shoulder, even better, a former college qb who could keep working him in the offseason on catches, would also be interested in such a opportunity. It'd certainly be money well spent for the Bengals organization to keep him out of trouble and on the field. I don't doubt there'd be others who would as well. Maybe a retired Bengal with a good head on his shoulders who has not started a familly...I dunno.

In any case, if he gets jail time, I say he's done. If not, there might be some last ditch options, is all I am saying, but these options would have to include a personal assistant/babysitter. I just don't think he is capable of making the right choices on his own off the field right now.

What do you want Marvin concentrating on this off-season? Rehabilitating idiots or fixing the defense. You don't think Marv talked to him before the draft? You don't think he talked to him after getting caught with weed? Some guys are just dumb. They get dumber with money. Ask Lawrence Phillips, Maurice, LT, Todd Marinivich etc........ Cut him quick, and start looking at ways to stop the run.