Chris Henry arrested on Gun Charges

oldschooler

What do you want Marvin concentrating on this off-season? Rehabilitating idiots or fixing the defense. You don't think Marv talked to him before the draft? You don't think he talked to him after getting caught with weed? Some guys are just dumb. They get dumber with money. Ask Lawrence Phillips, Maurice, LT, Todd Marinivich etc........ Cut him quick, and start looking at ways to stop the run.

Yeah Marvin is devoting every second to Henry right now.

He is neglecting his wife, kids and job because one

player was arrested... and released on bond.

Not only that but he`s going to continue to devote every second

to Henry and forget all about his wife, kids and job.

I guess if that were really the case then I`d have to agree with you.

Seeing how it`s not...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want Marvin concentrating on this off-season? Rehabilitating idiots or fixing the defense. You don't think Marv talked to him before the draft? You don't think he talked to him after getting caught with weed? Some guys are just dumb. They get dumber with money. Ask Lawrence Phillips, Maurice, LT, Todd Marinivich etc........ Cut him quick, and start looking at ways to stop the run.

Yeah Marvin is devoting every second to Henry right now.

He is neglecting his wife, kids and job because one

player was arrested... and released on bond.

Not only that but he`s going to continue to devote every second

to Henry and forget all about his wife, kids and job.

I guess if that were really the case then I`d have to agree with you.

Seeing how it`s not...

Actually Marvin just built an apartment above his garage, along with a grown man baby crib just for chris henry.

The kid is facing a MISDEMEANOR in Kentucky

and was RELEASED on a $3,000 BOND in Florida.

I agree that he has made some idiot decisions the past few weeks.

But it`s hardly as devastating and life altering

as some are trying to make it out to be.

Go figure seeing how some acted over a "rumor"

about Chad.

I really don`t care what he does off the field as long

as it doesn`t involve the police and/or puts his career

as a Bengal in doubt. And this last episode did involve

the police and puts his career in doubt.

But I`m just going to wait for Marvin to make

a decision. Either way he decides to go ...I`ll support.

It is Marvin`s job to make such desicions.

And he would have ALL of the facts.

So if he made the decision to cut henry...I would support him whole heartedly.

Just like I would support his decision to keep Henry whole heartedly.

Just like if a judge finds Henry guilty after reviewing all of the facts,

I would support that decision.

I don`t support a bunch of fickle, knee jerk, over reacting fans

that are going off half the facts though...

Anyway I`m done with this topic....cheers :cheers:

Unbelievable,

This is the responsibility of no one other than Chris Henry.

I have made numerous bad choices in my life, but none as ignorant as this. To intimate that someone needs to take responsibility for him because of his background is laughable. He had the opportunity to go to college and then sign a contract for hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars and we should all shed some tears for his pitiful circumstance. Please!

I never had the opportunity to go to college nor have I made anywhere near the money that he did, yet I was smart enough to avoid ignorant behavior such as this.

If this moron is convicted of this, the point will be moot. He will be incarcerated long past his three year contract.

It is not the Bengals responsibility to straighten this idiot out. It is soley the responsibility of Chris Henry, IDIOT!!

As my nephew said, "If I was in his position, I would spend my time at my mansion by the pool and working on my game".

Obviously my nephew is much, much more intelligent than Chris Henry.

The Bengals will likely wait for the courts to have their say and if there is a conviction, they likely will and absolutely should cut their ties with this mentally challenged individual and move on.

What a waste of incredible talent. :unsure:

IT WAS A SAD YEAR......NOT BEING ABLE TO ROCK OUT MY K-DUB JERSEY....................NOW IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL HAVE TO BREAK IT OUT IN 2006....................HOPING THEY KEEP KELLY WASHINGTON.

BUH-BYE CHRIS..................HOPE THEY HAVE SOAP ON A ROPE.

~~~~~~~~~~ZERO TOLERANCE!~~~~~~~~~~

Marvin Lewis statement on Henry arrest:

The incident in Orlando involving Chris Henry is unfortunate, and does not shine a good light on the Bengals organization. We will allow the judicial system to run its course. The NFL will act on this matter according to its player conduct standards, and I will deal with Chris in relation to his standing on our football team.

My translation: Henry just screwed up by the numbers, and made me and everyone else here look stupid in the process. If the courts and/or the NFL don't kick his a$$, I will.

The incident in Orlando involving Chris Henry is unfortunate, and does not shine a good light on the Bengals organization. We will allow the judicial system to run its course. The NFL will act on this matter according to its player conduct standards, and I will deal with Chris in relation to his standing on our football team.

My translation: Henry just screwed up by the numbers, and made me and everyone else here look stupid in the process. If the courts and/or the NFL don't kick his a$$, I will.

Marvin has to wait for things to play out, but just because he can't comment publically on what he'll do if Henry is allowed to return to the Bengals there's no reason he shouldn't start making immediate plans to replace him on the roster. I say treat the kid like he died.

And Marvin is right about this not reflecting well upon the Bengals. Having a 3rd round pick blow up isn't an unforgivable sin but it does call into question the draft day decision making of Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis simply because they stuck their neck out on a kid with character issues and it played out about as badly as possible.

I was disappointed when they drafted him and I'm very disappointed in hearing this news. I could rant about how I was so right about the kid being poison.....when a coach gives up on someone (which is why Henry left early) that talented there has to be serious issues involved. Life is about choices and this kid has made some bad ones. I doubt that they will out right cut him. But it may be best.

Who is his agent? Why was he in Orlando?

Can the team assign a Big brother to him? Someone that can whip his A** whenever necessary; which apparently is often.

Marvin has to wait for things to play out, but just because he can't comment publically on what he'll do if Henry is allowed to return to the Bengals there's no reason he shouldn't start making immediate plans to replace him on the roster. I say treat the kid like he died.

I don't think they have any choice but to do just that. Like you note, this still has to play out...but from all the reports it seems pretty cut-and-dried. I mean, the cop was right there, he saw him point the gun at people, the gun was stolen property...I'm not a lawyer but he sounds pretty much screwed to me. And even if there's a plea deal that gets him out of jail time, that will still mean a guilty plea, which as Hobson noted brings NFL sanctions into the picture. (And don't forget there's still the whole pot bust thing pending, which could result in another guilty plea.) I think that best case scenario for Chris is some serious suspension time in '06. Worst case is serious jail time.

And Marvin is right about this not reflecting well upon the Bengals. Having a 3rd round pick blow up isn't an unforgivable sin but it does call into question the draft day decision making of Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis simply because they stuck their neck out on a kid with character issues and it played out about as badly as possible.

And how far has Hue Jackson's stock dropped? If I remembered correctly, Marvin pretty much took Jackson's word that Henry could be handled. This, coupled with the reported CJ incident, does not bode well for Hue. I read where he could not believe that at this point in his career, he has not advance farther than he has. Well, this certainly will not help.

Depends on how many years he gets. I'll bet he gets a few... which means he's at least done as a Bengal.

And to continue to make my point... I'm not trying to relieve him of any responsibility. The boys I work with think I am incredibly strict, because I don't let them get away with s**t. I make them take responsibility for every stupid ass choice they make.

I guess my point is that Chris Henry doesn't have me there to kick his ass when he starts to do something stupid. All he has is the police to give him his consequences after the deed is done. Some guys are smart enough to pay body guards to keep them in check... and maybe they should be mandatory.

My guess is Chris Henry never learned how to act like an adult. It's nothing about race, its about opportunity. He had money, but never had someone to make sure he knew how to make wise decisions with it.

So I guess I'm somewhere between Whur CHad At and LB51. I think he deserves to go to jail for however many years it takes... but I also think that when we look at these kinds of things going down, it should be a warning to us to find a way to help these guys out.

I'm guessing that Marvin Lewis probably was there to try to teach him how to act like an adult, especially considering that he, in a small way, was putting his neck out there by drafting him.

I can see your point that we shouldn't expect money to ever change someone's character. In fact, it normally shows off a lack of character. When you start using phrases like "white middle class people taking gifted and immature athletes and paying them money, exploiting them for our enjoyment" (or something like that), that's where you go too far.

Compare these two posts from Oldschooler, and see if you sense any talking out of both sides of your ass:

This s**t makes me livid !

Hey Chris get your f**king head out of your ass !

You already have other charges for drugs still

pending against you !

You`re supposed to have a hurt knee that needed

6-8 weeks to heal !

And you`re out with your "homies" doing stupid f**king

s**t like this ?!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m so pissed off at the dumb ass motherf**ker !!!!

Something has to be done and done NOW !!!!

As Barney Fife would say...."NIP IT IN THE BUD ! "

Pun not intended :P

as some are trying to make it out to be.Go figure seeing how some acted over a "rumor"

about Chad.

Notice the knee-jerk reaction in the first one, and then the blasting of fans who make knee-jerk reactions in the second one. This is classic, oldschooler.

On a side note, picture oldschooler bowing down to his Marvin Lewis idol. You're killing me on this one, oldschooler.

Is this not strike 3 ????

most posted strike 2 but if i remember right

strike 1 = driving car without proper id/speeding = arrested

strike 2 = a few buds of pot found on person = arrested

strike 3 = gun charges ect = arrested

correct me if im wrong

but i hardly am :)

And how far has Hue Jackson's stock dropped? If I remembered correctly, Marvin pretty much took Jackson's word that Henry could be handled. This, coupled with the reported CJ incident, does not bode well for Hue. I read where he could not believe that at this point in his career, he has not advance farther than he has. Well, this certainly will not help.

I wouldn't say Hue Jackson's stock dropped, or that he failed to handle Dopey. He handled him quite well, in fact, and as soon as Henry seemed to not need handling, and was becoming a local hero, a draft day victory, and the next coming of Chad Johnson, they quit handling him. As soon as he was free to do as he pleased.... POW SCREW UP.... Slap.... Ok, offseason POW SCREWUP....

I wouldn't say Hue Jackson's stock dropped, or that he failed to handle Dopey. He handled him quite well, in fact, and as soon as Henry seemed to not need handling, and was becoming a local hero, a draft day victory, and the next coming of Chad Johnson, they quit handling him. As soon as he was free to do as he pleased.... POW SCREW UP.... Slap.... Ok, offseason POW SCREWUP....

One of the things you almost always see, if you read any stories on athletes who have had similar problems and moved past them successfully, is a comment about how they had to seperate themselves from the crowd they were hanging with "before." Which goes to your point. In Cincy he was an irresponsible dingbat but essentially harmless. Then the season ends, he goes back to hang with his supposed buds, and next thing you know he's facing a felony rap.

For me, the biggest thing that stands out in the whole stupid mess is the fact that he was wearing his jersey. What football player wears their own jersey out to a club??? I mean, can you see Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning or even Corey Dillon wearing their jersey out drinking? Either Henry was hell-bent on impressing his peeps or just bowing to their encouragement (how cool would it be for us, man? C'mon we wanna be seen with an NFL player! We'll all get laid! Wear the colors, man!) but either way it's "high school letterman jacket" level crap.

Step 1 for Henry, assuming he gets a chance to take it, is obviously to quit hanging out with these people. They clearly have nothing to offer him but trouble. That isn't meant to excuse his behavior...but seems to me likely to be true all the same.

Compare these two posts from Oldschooler, and see if you sense any talking out of both sides of your ass:

pending against you !

6-8 weeks to heal !

as some are trying to make it out to be.Go figure seeing how some acted over a "rumor"

about Chad.

Notice the knee-jerk reaction in the first one, and then the blasting of fans who make knee-jerk reactions in the second one. This is classic, oldschooler.

On a side note, picture oldschooler bowing down to his Marvin Lewis idol. You're killing me on this one, oldschooler.

Well excuse me for reacting one way when things WERE FIRST REPORTED

and then letting a cooler head prevail.

The knee jerk I had was more of a reflex.

Notice how I was pissed when I first heard about it...then calmed down,

thought about then came back and said how it actually should be anyway ?

There is almost 24 hours between those two posts.

And I never did call him a "cancer" or say "cut him".

I just realize that Marvin Lewis has taken a 2-14 team...hasn`t had a

losing season since...and won the AFC North divison.

So yeah I have faith in Marvin and his decisions...

And I picture you rubbing one off to Madden 92...:puke:

I don't think they have any choice but to do just that. Like you note, this still has to play out...but from all the reports it seems pretty cut-and-dried. I mean, the cop was right there, he saw him point the gun at people, the gun was stolen property...I'm not a lawyer but he sounds pretty much screwed to me. And even if there's a plea deal that gets him out of jail time, that will still mean a guilty plea, which as Hobson noted brings NFL sanctions into the picture. (And don't forget there's still the whole pot bust thing pending, which could result in another guilty plea.) I think that best case scenario for Chris is some serious suspension time in '06. Worst case is serious jail time.

Frankly, if I were the Bengals I'd ignore the fact that one of my important offensive players is facing jail...because my opinion about that player wouldn't change even if the end result was a legal slap on the wrist. Move on. Start the search for a long term replacement, and do it now, because this kid isn't someone you want to build around....even if the courts say you still can.

Last, I didn't pimp Henry prior to the last draft but on draft day I scrambled to do so when he was still available in the 3rd round. His talent is undeniable and in my opinion the Bengals just scratched the surface of it. But some problems are more serious than others...( weed never hurt anyone)...and pointing a gun at a crowd of people trumps whatever talent he may have.

What I'm wondering is where is Chad Johnson standing on this. As far as I know he hasn't commented on the situation that Henry now finds himself in. This is strange given that I was under the impression that Chad had seemingly taken this young WR under his wing during last season.

What I'm wondering is where is Chad Johnson standing on this. As far as I know he hasn't commented on the situation that Henry now finds himself in. This is strange given that I was under the impression that Chad had seemingly taken this young WR under his wing during last season.

Chad was on Rome today and pretty much said that he knows nothing about it. He said that Chris doesn't understand the microscope that he's under by being an NFL player and that he needs to understand that he has to walk a fine line.

He really didn't comment much more than that. I'm sure you can find the transcript of the interview somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Dopey sounds done for awhile so time for 3rd WR Plan B in 2006.

Don't see K-Dub sticking around and not sure anything but the minimum RFA tender would be worth having him stick around for another year.

The Bengals should draft Demterius Williams from Oregon in the 1st round and work on developing Tab Perry's receiving skills.

pending against you !

6-8 weeks to heal !

DITTO THAT SUMMED IT ALL UP

Is this not strike 3 ????

most posted strike 2 but if i remember right

strike 1 = driving car without proper id/speeding = arrested

strike 2 = a few buds of pot found on person = arrested

strike 3 = gun charges ect = arrested

correct me if im wrong

but i hardly am

I am afraid you are wrong

strikes 1 & 2 were one arrest he was stopped for the driving one and they found the drugs on him then.

and even if they were 3 different arrest's doesnt it have to be in the same state that uses the 3 strike rule ?