Chris Henry arrested on Gun Charges

oldschooler

Somebody somewhere compared Henry's situation to Michael Pittman's legal troubles. If memory serves, Pittman got a 4 game suspension in 2004 for having 2 domestic violence "incidents".

As far as the league's drug policy is concerned, I think that has more to do with dirty tests. My uninformed opinion is that the league can test him more regularly because of the first arrest, but it doesn't count as a first offense. But since drug test results are confidential, we don't know if he hasn't already had dirty tests.

So when does the "Is Henry a bust" thread start?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals should draft Demterius Williams from Oregon in the 1st round and work on developing Tab Perry's receiving skills.

With each passing day...(pun intended)...the draft draws closer and the Bengals offense becomes even more needy.

TE

WR

QB

OL

Somebody please find Chris Perry and lock him in a padded room filled with pillows.

I like the idea of Chad, Housh, and SUPERSTAR in the slot at WR with the Power I of JJ or Reggie Kelly and Rudi. Who needs a TE at the line anyway. :D

Whether Dopey gets a mandatory sentence for a felony gun charge, pleas down to misdemeanors and does little jail time, or gets some game suspension, the Bengals could proly make do without using a high draft pick at WR -- even if K-Dub moves on down the road.

But Dopey has shown he's unreliable enough that they'd better not count on him off the field for the future. Plan accordingly. If any move is made to replace him -- go for the throat and get the best WR possible, one who could also jump in for either Chad or Housh if it came down to it.

Forget Chris Henry for now.

Think Demetrius Williams. :bengal:

maybe, maybe not for the drug issue. Clemons was handed a 4 game suspension...i don;t recall any of his "previous" positives or fines.

I'm pretty sure possessing the stuff is the same as a positive test, it is in other sports. If anything it would trigger him needing to be tested.

for the gun issue, dman, Mike Doss actually fires his gun and get 1 game...hmmm....i wonder about the details of that one. Maybe he had a permit...hmmm...

different state, different laws.

besides, has mike doss been in court yet over that incident?

Whether Dopey gets a mandatory sentence for a felony gun charge, pleas down to misdemeanors and does little jail time, or gets some game suspension, the Bengals could proly make do without using a high draft pick at WR -- even if K-Dub moves on down the road.

That's closer to my thinking. Even if you discount any contributions from Henry this season the fact that Walter and Washington are restricted, and not likely to leave if the Bengals attempt to keep them, allows the Bengals to wait a year before looking for a long term replacement.