AMPHAR Posted December 14, 2025 Report Posted December 14, 2025 2 hours ago, COB said: This shit doesn’t look like a one-offseason fix. Not when the highly paid offensive players can't score or rank in the top 5 in give aways. I think there is a couple paragraphs above you should read. Quote
COB Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 1 hour ago, TJJackson said: I am willing to buy him a box of bran flakes. Aldi brand. I’ll tell you what, getting off cereal might have helped. He’s playing better. Makes me wonder what I could have achieved in life if Lucky Charms had never been invented. Quote
TJJackson Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 I dunno I'm a Frosted Flakes guy 1 Quote
COB Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 Holy shit, just read that both Mahomes and Micah Parsons suffered ACL tears today. This sport really does wreck guys. Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 12 hours ago, TJJackson said: Im not nominating him for the pro bowl, Army, but he might be turning into a solid DE right now and we could use a solid DE :-) with Hendrickson on IR with a surgically repaired vagina I am willing to buy him a box of bran flakes. Aldi brand. I’ll go in halves on the Aldi brand Bran Flakes to see if it bears fruit. That’s all I’m willing to invest because I still think I know how the story ends. Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 Don’t knock cereal either. Im pretty sure surviving a childhood of Cap’n Crunch built all kinds of toughness and character that led to my military successes Murphy is just “Built different” as the kids say. Just not in a good way. Quote
AMPHAR Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 No one wants to read nerd shit about 1st round DE that doesn't have double digit sacks on the league worse defense. However, there are in depth nerd analysis on both Ossasi and Murphy and it was complimentary of them both. Basically Bengals don't ask all rushers to win every snap. They have various assignments and what not. When Murphy was been asked to win on his rushes he's performed very well. Usually Trey was the one getting the "win" reps. Again, no one wants to hear that shit with a defense still allowing over 400 yards a game. But there's nerd analysis out there suggesting the defense has been responding at all levels. Murphy was damn close to having 3 sacks, he played very well. As did Knight who was serving as a spy for a lot of reps vs Lamar. Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 Well I don't want to take credit when credit is due so.... GO GET'EM SUGAR BEAR !! Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 Just to add, I really don't care they lost the game even a little bit. They are now officially eliminated from the playoffs once again and losing becomes winning. Unfortunately, their last 3 games are against the Dolphins, Cardinals and Browns. If the offense plays even halfway decent, they probably go at least 2-1 to end the season. I'm rooting for a massive shitstorm harkening back to the 90's where they finish 0-3. There is still a shot at a top 5 pick on the line. FOCUS BENGALS !!! 1 Quote
COB Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 Dehner just posted a story in the athletic. What changes are coming in the offseason? His belief is that there are no changes coming in the off season. Highlights from his story: “Taylor and team president and owner Mike Brown speak every week during the season about the state of things. So, there wouldn’t be surprises come Black Monday. ” Basically, 4 factors point to keeping Taylor. 1. He actually had two years left on his deal, not one, as has been misreported. 2. Staunch support from Burrow. 3. He’s responsible in large part for the offense, and it’s been a top ten offense for 4 years. 4. Just the general stay the course method Mike employs in all matters. Tobin? Dehner said he’s looked upon as part of the Brown family and there’s no chance he’s going. The summation by Dehner: “Tobin is viewed as family in nearly the same regard as the actual Browns and Blackburns. There is zero thought that his job is in jeopardy. He will have to lead the Bengals out of this drought, and ownership trusts him to do so.” Golden? Although the defense is last, 32nd out of 32, in nearly every category for the season, let’s look on the bright side: “The positive turn on that side of the ball since the bye has been very much noted internally, and has built a belief that throwing the coordinator under the bus yet again is not the answer.” On top of the improvement since the bye, Dehner also notes it’ll be a difficult sell to scapegoat the coordinator two years in a row. Dehner kind of sums it up as follows: “The Bengals have nearly the entire offense signed and returning next season. They rank eighth in cap space for 2026. Aggressively attacking free agency to solidify defensive spots manned by struggling or inexperienced players, plus another infusion of draft picks, could build on the uptick in the second half.” There you have it. Running it all back in 2026 baby. I’m not sure what aggressively attacking free agency on the defensive side will look like. I’ve said this before: Depending on the experience, judgement, and business acumen of a 90 year old man when your competition is using the most modern technology and information analysis to inform their decision making, is absolute folly. You are handicapping yourself. Oh wait, we have his daughter waiting in the wings when he finally relinquishes control! Guess what, the fresh-faced protégé is 60 years old. The antiquated way the Brown family runs this business is fatally flawed. 1 Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 Yes Pumpkin is far from young and innovative. The Colts owner is 45, walks the sideline with a headset and is involved with what it actually looks like. It will be interesting to see how the Colts approach the draft in 2026. Tobin and the Bengals? As much as I love the draft, I’m not really intrigued by what the Bengals may or may not do. Quote
Stripes Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 I think Katie already makes more decisions than Mike. Not that it matters. Quote
HoosierCat Posted December 16, 2025 Author Report Posted December 16, 2025 1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said: Tobin and the Bengals? As much as I love the draft, I’m not really intrigued by what the Bengals may or may not do. Yeah, I mean, we can already pretty much guess. Assuming they don't slip too far down the board, first round will be an edge, probably Faulk or Taylor (they'll be too low for Bain). Since round 1 is defense, round two will probably be offense. I would bet heavily on a LT prospect since 2026 is OBj's last year. (If somehow edge is picked over completely by the time they pick in the first, reverse the two positions.) Third round they will be desperate to address the secondary so they reach for a DB. Round 4 they double dip at edge (figure Hendrickson walks and Ossai gets a big offer they don't match because FA). Round 5 is the developmental QB pick since Jake won't be back. Round 6 belongs to Detroit. Round 7 is a guy who will hang out on the PS for a couple of years before disappearing. Quote
volcom69 Posted December 17, 2025 Report Posted December 17, 2025 Shit just gets harder and harder year after year to even care anymore. Of course there was a secret year in his contract that nobody knew about, that is very Bengal like. Of course they won’t fire Tobin he is like there 4th cousin can’t get rid of family. Great so what do they do, Burrow loves Zac and the rest of these coaches I guess so he will go nowhere it seems. Defense cordinator ah not enough time to tell if his 32 ranked defense will be good next year, I mean come on after the bye they turned the corner and only give up big plays half the game now instead of every down. I mean they did get that 7th rounder for Logan look out might be a new LB with that pick. Oh let’s all hope now they can build a defense through free agency, I mean they still have money, however I think they have tried this before going out getting some big name guys, they come here and they Suck all of a sudden. Forget how to tackle, how to cover, can’t rush the passer. Yea my hope for next year is in the gutter, I’m all out of give a fucks anymore and they can do what they want at this point. 2 Quote
COB Posted December 17, 2025 Report Posted December 17, 2025 14 hours ago, Stripes said: I think Katie already makes more decisions than Mike. Not that it matters. I can’t tell for sure, since the family hides everyone’s duties and responsibilities. But I think she stays out of football operations and negotiates contracts, deals with stadium issues with the county and vendors, and just generally runs the money. Zac has a weekly meeting not with Katie or Troy, but with Mike. Seems like he’ll never relinquish control of the football side of things. He’s the majority owner, and he really likes to be ultra patient with coaches and players. Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 17, 2025 Report Posted December 17, 2025 Again, I will be hopeful for 2026 and come August it will be so many months without football, I will be excited. There will be a countdown to the first game, preseason, and week 1. Optimism will be at an all season high. Fantasy football draft thoughts will make me happy considering what player(s) to draft as well. However, once the shine of all that wears off I'm hoping to find an improved Bengals team. There are enough really good players on the roster to make things interesting and keep hope alive. My thing is, I just don't have faith in damn near anything this organization does. I know some will find nothing but wonderment and success, but alas, I do not share in that wisdom. It's that whole, "The best predictor of the future is the past" line of thought. Granted, firing everyone every year isn't the solution, but something needs to give. Quote
charina Posted December 17, 2025 Report Posted December 17, 2025 47 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said: Again, I will be hopeful for 2026 and come August it will be so many months without football, I will be excited. There will be a countdown to the first game, preseason, and week 1. Optimism will be at an all season high. Fantasy football draft thoughts will make me happy considering what player(s) to draft as well. However, once the shine of all that wears off I'm hoping to find an improved Bengals team. There are enough really good players on the roster to make things interesting and keep hope alive. My thing is, I just don't have faith in damn near anything this organization does. I know some will find nothing but wonderment and success, but alas, I do not share in that wisdom. It's that whole, "The best predictor of the future is the past" line of thought. Granted, firing everyone every year isn't the solution, but something needs to give. Hi, Do you think the Bengals will actually show meaningful improvement in 2026, or does the organization’s track record make it hard to believe real change is coming despite the talent on the roster? Quote
ArmyBengal Posted December 17, 2025 Report Posted December 17, 2025 Welcome Charina... I've mentioned this in other threads in that I think there is "potential" for improvement in 2026. Having a franchise QB and the offensive talent they do puts them in a solid position to compete. They might get the additional defensive help in free agency to further that potential and then there's the draft. Maybe they bring in the next Geno Atkins or a younger Trey Hendrickson and they hit on them. EDIT: I started writing a ton about the why to all of this and I erased it for this: I'm too tired to care much more at this point. My dad had season tickets, I've followed the team through playoff runs, traveled and been to Super Bowls. I've bought the merchandise and attended many games through the years. Pretty much supported them every step of the way. I no longer do that with any frequency. I caught more games of other teams than the Bengals this year and don't see that changing. My faith in them is all but exhausted. They could leave town and I would look at it as addition by subtraction. Like a weight being lifted from my shoulders. But yeah, welcome !! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.