Divisional Weekend Thread

COB

Yeah, it feels like it’s Baltimore’s year. Not only did they win 13 games but they did it against the third toughest schedule in the league. (The second toughest was Arizona, and the toughest schedule was, of fucking course, the Bengals.) They looked dominant against Houston and the Chiefs are on these road again after a knock down, drag out fight.

Right now my money is on a Niners-Ravens Super Bowl. Ick.

Rooting for the Lions, would be great for their fans to get a SB win.  Lions vs Niners - lions have a way better quarterback so I’m picking them to win that game.  

Ravens over chiefs, I hope.  I have serious Chiefs fatigue.  

Blah.  AFC Championship game.   I really don't want to see either team on Superbowl Sunday.   I guess I'll pull for the Ravens over Chiefs, but reserve the right to change my stance at first annoyance.   Then change it back at first mention of Brother Kelce and his future sister in law Taylor.

In case you ever wondered why networks pay so much for NFL games...

CBS set an astounding record with its presentation of Sunday’s Chiefs-Bills matchup.

The nail-biter that ended with a Chiefs victory delivered 50.4M viewers, marking the most-watched NFL Divisional Playoff game ever. The previous record holder was 48.5M viewers for Cowboys-Packers in January 2017. It’s also the first NFL Divisional Playoff game to surpass 50M viewers.

That’s up 10% from last year’s comparable game, which saw 45M tune in for the Cowboys-49ers.

Sunday’s game peaked with more than 56M viewers. According to Paramount Global, the game also delivered Paramount+ its most-streamed live event ever.

The Chiefs-Bills was by far the most-watched game of the weekend, but the audiences for each were still noteworthy, especially Saturday’s Texans-Ravens game.

Although it was the least-watched of the four playoffs, the matchup managed ESPN’s most-watched NFL game ever with nearly 32M viewers across ESPN and ABC.

Second place went to the late Saturday windows Packers-49ers game, which tallied 37.5M viewers for Fox. NBC‘s showing of the Buccaneers-Lions came in closed behind with 37.2M.

The NFL saw record-high audiences all throughout the regular season, so it stands the reason the postseason would be no different. Across all games, the NFL’s regular season viewership was the best its been since 2015, boding well for the AFC and NFC Championships, as well as the Super Bowl LVIII.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/chiefs-bills-nfl-divisional-playoff-ratings-1235802215/

Crazy.   Mash final episode had over 100 million viewers.     Cheers 84 million.    Live sports is the last of the appointment viewing and Football is king.

Thus the Big 10 is the Big 18 or whatever. 

I think Desparate Housewives went toe to toe with Sunday Night Football when it was on ESPN.  It would drag in 24 million. 

Its why the league will either go to 20 games or preseason game will still exist.  Too many people watch to give it up.  Same with pro bowl.

Bills vs. Chiefs, I thought was one of the best games of the year.   Although I'm not too sure about that Nantz/Romo combo.