2024 Offseason News Thread

For awareness, Tyler Boyd signed with the Titans and is back with Brian Callahan.
Too bad we play the Titans on the road this year.  
Would be cool to have him recognized here in Cincinnati.

Wish him the best of luck, except when they play us !!!

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone saw it or not, but Bengals free agent LB Markus Bailey signed with the Cardinals.
While not the be all, end of of player losses, but he was a big special teams guy and depth at the linebacker position.

Yes, they drafted players that will certainly be getting opportunities playing special teams, but the depth at linebacker is a little bit of a hit I would have rather not been concerned about.  I know I tend to focus on linebackers more than most, but here is the current depth chart at the position.

Wilson, Pratt and ADG are the starters.
Bachie, Harper and Heyward are the backups.

Go figure here I am commenting about my concerns with this group.
If I had my way, they would be looking at linebackers that get released along the way.

I get how Lou uses linebackers and my calling for one in the draft goes unanswered because of that.  My concern, as with any position group, is injuries. They are one ding away from running on fumes with that group.

They have a few interesting prospects in house if you dig into the UDFAs. The linebacker Casey comes in with “special teams ace” already tattooed on him. The other LB, whose name ensures he will make the roster because it’s impossible to spell, has some potential as a run stuffer, and that Miami kid Dowell is listed as a safety but he looks a lot more like a linebacker to me.

Dont know if any of these guys can make the final 53 but some should hand around on the PS. The waiver wire will likely have plenty of possibilities as the offseason rolls on too.

Forgive me for being more excited about what they could possibly pick up on the waiver wire than almost anything outside of the starters.  I still think it's a shame they don't invest more in the position and think an impact player there, outside of hoping they hit on 3rd rounders or later, could be a real difference maker for the defense.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wilson and Pratt.  Just saying.  Then again, that's been my contention for years.
I already know how the story ends, so feel free to disregard. No offense taken...

Other than injury LB isn't a top concern.   Wilson and Pratt are equally capable of being game changers at any point.   Not strong against the run but both have flipped games with TOs.   Wilson already has two 4 ints seasons.   Pratt has several huge TOs.  

43 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Other than injury LB isn't a top concern.   Wilson and Pratt are equally capable of being game changers at any point.   Not strong against the run but both have flipped games with TOs.   Wilson already has two 4 ints seasons.   Pratt has several huge TOs.  

No doubt.  Injury is the concern I'm raising.
Other position groups seem to have at least "adequate" depth.
Not linebacker, but again, I know how this goes.  I don't get upset about it any more.

Just read an article about Burrow’s wrist.  Some surgeon said he’ll be dealing with swelling and soreness for another year or so.  Hopefully it won’t affect his throwing, this guy said there’s no way to tell until you use it.  

Could be some truth to that or could be pure crap.   Nerd Doctor gets his chance to be part of the cool crowd of course its time to get clicks.    There was some doctor preachin gloom and doom after the knee injury.

I don’t know why you would impugn the qualifications of Dr Kuliniskowski.  He’s the most qualified pediatric dermatologist (specializing in essential oils) CincyJungle could find to comment on Burrow’s wrist injury.  

• Haha 1

Is there another Bengals podcast outside of Locked on Bengals with James Rapien that is more boring to listen to ??
Don't get me wrong, the content is solid, but just listening to him and Jake Liscow makes me want to take a nap.
Nothing personal.  I want to like the podcast because they talk about the Bengals, but I just can't.