Week 9: Bills @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

9 hours ago, Stripes said:

If the Jets lose tomorrow night, the week will end with the entire AFC North in the playoffs.

Technically the situation right now, so even if the Jets do win tonight we can savor it until then.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Random thoughts about last night:

Obviously it was fantastic to see the tight ends step up. It was clearly something they worked on during the week and it paid off handsomely. Watching Bills S Taylor Rapp get juked by Drew Sample was worth the price of admission alone. Irv wasn't perfect but easily had the best game of his time here and Hudson might have had the best game of his career. And now opposing DCs suddenly have three more guys to worry about.

Very much a tale of two halves. The Bengals dominated the first half but sputtered in the second. I got the impression of confusion on the part of the offense in the second half. Not sure if it was something the Bills were doing in disguising their defense, or whether Joe was doing to much fiddling around on the line trying to call the perfect play or what, but when you burn your third TO with more than 10 minutes to go, there's a problem.

Props to the defensive coaches for getting the tackling cleaned up quick. It was atrocious early on but ceased to be a problem (mostly) pretty quickly.

I hope Chase's back is OK. I'm sure he's feeling that today. Had his guy beat by a mile, Burrow just didn't put enough on that ball.

Imo Higgins looked the sharpest he's been all year last night.

Pass rush really struggled to get home but I think a lot of that is just Allen. It's like trying to catch the Road Runner.

Oh, defense, now that we seem to know what a TE is on offense, can you guys maybe start covering them on defense? OK, you did get the FF and recovery but still, let's work on that.

Striped Jungle was cool.   OL played great.   Left some points on the field so not a perfect game but very good.

Pass rush was mostly focused on limiting play extending ability of Allen. 

TE is what it is.  They play multiple guys at the spot and eventually the Franchise QB will find them when the coverage dictates IF given time to do so.

Had to step away for most of the last week.  Had a bad case of L.I.F.E. going on at the house.
Always interests me just how quickly everything Bengals related is the first thing to let go of when that happens.
Nice to come back to it when things get settled !!!

Sounds like the TE's really showed out and the offense's coaches had a good game plan for them.
Maybe we should randomly select a position group to talk shit about each week from here out.
Something I couldn't help but laugh at was the video of the locker room celebration and Irv getting a game ball tossed to him and then him proceeding to drop the toss.  

I was honestly expecting them to win this game, so not really surprised with the "W".

Tanner Hudson everyone.  Tanner Hudson.  More please.

• Like 1

Talk about a team that seems to be headed down the crap hole.

Diggs' brother talking shit about him needing to get out of Buffalo.
Saying Allen wasn't anything until Diggs got there and having the media openly wonder if that's accurate.
OC getting shitcanned and players feeling all bad about how they let him down.
The team seemingly falling apart and playing really ugly ball.

For how much I have grown to dislike the Bills, none of this bothers me.

• Like 1