AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

8 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They double-teamed Hendrickson all night, and Ossai/Hubbard couldn't get to Mahomes fast enough.   Hubbard's great, but they really do need another Edge guy that's a real threat, or a dominant interior rusher,  not sure how that happens.

I do believe the era of Burrow being sacked 6-10 times a game needs to end,  back-up's or not,  find some guys who don't get hurt and don't suck.  2nd SB run in a row ultimately ended with holding calls and sacks galore.  Sick of watching that part of it every year.

-- Was still a fun season and believe Burrow will win a ring here 

Yep in the end the OL was tough to overcome.  

Yeah,  the refs swallowed their whistle on the holding.     Not sure what the deal is.     In the Wild Card win vs. Ravens on the last play Hendrickson was held so bad, no flag and thankfully that ball fell to the turf.

Last night,  critical play and blatant holding not called on the scramble.     The officiating is getting national attention this morning so it clearly goes beyond bitter fan viewpoints. 

Sucks the Bengals didn't play very good all game, but this game just slips away from them.

Now that the curse of Bo Jackson is broken, looks like Burrow , Chase, Taylor, and Anarumo and his guys have to break the Curse of the Goodell Zebras … legend has it that this curse began when Paul Brown brought his AFL pedigree to expansion city Cincinnati and continues to this day … no one is saltier than Old NFL Money is about the Brown family 

The weird thing is that, looking at the team, there’s not really a clear “hole” to fix. Last offseason it was clear they had to fix the offensive line, and they did. The oline that finally gave out last night was, of course, not that line, due to late-season injuries.

Likewise the 0-2 start can in large part be chalked up to Burrow’s August surgery and a freak long snapper injury.

OL depth? Absolutely. I know they love Adenjii but he seems to have like one good game in him per season then he falls apart. Scharping? Thanks for stopping by, best wishes at your next stop. Carman? I guess he can back up LT okay but he seems to stink everywhere else. It really shouldn’t be that difficult or expensive to get some upgrades here.

TE? Sure. This year we had Hayden Hurst and some guys who have never been in my kitchen. I wouldn’t mind bringing Hurst back at the right price.

We need a playmaker in the secondary. That’s where Chido’s loss hurt the most, I think. DL is always a good add but since it looks like opponents will be allowed to hold our guys every snap I’m not sure how much it will ultimately matter.

I will really be interested to see what they do this offseason.

32 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

lol, at the Cincinnati mayor getting roasted by Kelce.   Aftab?  What a dope. 

Yea it’s amazing that one thing Hilton said Burrowhead really motivated KC to play that pissed off. Guess they felt like everyone disrespected Mahomes and saying Burrow was better blah blah blah. After the game it really showed just how upset they were. I still have no idea besides the Mayor who on the Bengals disrespected the Chiefs. Guess that really motivated them.

There is a video of Pratt saying some words to Ossai which I thought was pretty crappy, but in the heat of the moment guess he couldn’t control his emotions. Nobody should blame Ossai at all, not really sure what he should do they are going full speed, it’s not like he smashed Mahomes, Ossai took the bigger hit. Either way sucks, but the Bengals had a chance earlier and there o-line just couldn’t handle it.

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

The weird thing is that, looking at the team, there’s not really a clear “hole” to fix. Last offseason it was clear they had to fix the offensive line, and they did. The oline that finally gave out last night was, of course, not that line, due to late-season injuries.

Likewise the 0-2 start can in large part be chalked up to Burrow’s August surgery and a freak long snapper injury.

OL depth? Absolutely. I know they love Adenjii but he seems to have like one good game in him per season then he falls apart. Scharping? Thanks for stopping by, best wishes at your next stop. Carman? I guess he can back up LT okay but he seems to stink everywhere else. It really shouldn’t be that difficult or expensive to get some upgrades here.

TE? Sure. This year we had Hayden Hurst and some guys who have never been in my kitchen. I wouldn’t mind bringing Hurst back at the right price.

We need a playmaker in the secondary. That’s where Chido’s loss hurt the most, I think. DL is always a good add but since it looks like opponents will be allowed to hold our guys every snap I’m not sure how much it will ultimately matter.

I will really be interested to see what they do this offseason.

They should enter next year as one of the AFC favorites.     I still think they give up too much pressure and the running game is hot and cold.   Defensively they'll have to replace some key roles and still try to build depth.

4 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Yea it’s amazing that one thing Hilton said Burrowhead really motivated KC to play that pissed off. Guess they felt like everyone disrespected Mahomes and saying Burrow was better blah blah blah. After the game it really showed just how upset they were. I still have no idea besides the Mayor who on the Bengals disrespected the Chiefs. Guess that really motivated them.

The Chiefs won so they get the last laugh for now.    But, I kinda chuckle about the Chiefs being offended or acting offended.  

I think both teams manufactured motivation prior to the game.    Bengals have to travel to KC next year so that should be a fun week. 

• Like 1

Me and others were watching and we all said before it happened on the last drive by KC, that there will be a penalty called on the Bengals to extend the drive 100% and surprise surprise!!

I'm not 100% sure but I don't recall another defensive holding penalty all game and curious it gets called at that exact point.

Apart from that we had our chances to win the game despite the zebras but the lack of pressure and the Oline not really holding up well at all.

all I can say is Go Eagles

Really liked this team and thought they could finally win a SB after that Buffalo game.  Every year will be disappointing from now on until they do that. 

Keep key players, upgrade those lines, especially o-line.  I still think they need to gut and replace every facet of that position group, aside form the guys they need to keep around. 

I would not be surprised if Burrow forces Taylor and ownership to do something about the o-line group and their approach towards it, before he signs any extension.  

Nothing should be off the table after last night and another 6 sack game or whatever in the playoffs.  I don't care who they cut or upgrade, Jonah, Collins, Volson,  doesn't matter to me.  But get a better OT and LG at the very least, and make sure they're not some oft-injured slob like Collins.

• Like 1

With the win streak they were on and the level of defensive play … had the starting 3 OL not gone down at the worst time… it’s like a Super Bowl was given .  I think some splash FA signing for the trenches and some young draft picks… you are right back to the Super Bowl as the AFC champ again.   It can be done.  There are blueprints (Patriots, Rams, Chiefs) for getting those players.  I always liked the Patriots roster approach as they’ve won more conference championships and SBs in recent times than anyone 

• Like 1

The light training camp led to 30 sacks in the first 8 games.    They allowed 15 the back 8. 

Injuries clearly cloud the playoff performance  the Williams, Volson, Karras, Cappa, Collins squad allowed 1 sack vs. Chiefs week 13.

They have to find a younger durable solution to RT this year.    Williams with his option year picked up will be back playing (hopefully better.)

I think you try to insert Carman at the RT spot with insurance from Collins I guess,  

All things considered, I fully expect a complete investigation to be completed tomorrow, totally exonerating the head referee of any and all wrong doing.  I mean the sheer number of lawsuits would be staggering.

As a matter of fact, I think I need a lawyer. I need reimbursed for travel, lodging, tickets and food. Not to mention the massive amounts of mental anguish both ArmyBengal Jr.  and I are currently dealing with. We have both been completely incapacitated and are incapable of going to school and work respectively. Who knows how long this could linger ??

Mem, know anyone wanting to take my case ??