Week 13: Chiefs @ Bengals

HoosierCat

6 minutes ago, COB said:

The throw was great, the contested catch was equally great.  Tee (we’re on a first name basis) has been a huge part of this heater the Bengals have going.  I can’t believe this team.

Tee is a legit #1. I don’t know how they can possibly keep him, but that’s a worry for the future.

Can we overtake the Bills and Chiefs, who both are a game ahead of us, and secure home field advantage through the playoffs?  

The Chiefs remaining sked Broncos twice, Texans, Seahawks, and Raiders.

So no, we cannot get home field.  We have a gauntlet, the Chiefs have a carefree promenade through the land of rebuilding NFL franchises.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Tee is a legit #1. I don’t know how they can possibly keep him, but that’s a worry for the future.

Can’t pay him, Burrow, and Chase.  Tee will likely walk and we’ll draft another good receiver.  Hopefully we can afford to keep Tyler Boyd.  

2 hours ago, COB said:

Can we overtake the Bills and Chiefs, who both are a game ahead of us, and secure home field advantage through the playoffs?  

The Chiefs remaining sked Broncos twice, Texans, Seahawks, and Raiders.

So no, we cannot get home field.  We have a gauntlet, the Chiefs have a carefree promenade through the land of rebuilding NFL franchises.

The Seahawks and Raiders may have enough offense to challenge them and make it interesting.

If the Bengals win out they’re the 2-seed minimum, which likely means hosting the Jets.

MY GOD, what a game !!!  
I totally bailed on family for a child's birthday, irritating a large group, infuriated the wife and probably won't get any for a stretch.
That's ok though, I'll rub one out like a champ and celebrate that amazing win.  It was fucking great to be down there for that one.
I'd say I'm sorry to all the family and my wife, but I'm not.  WHODEY !!!

That being out of the way, I love how the Bengals just went out and executed and people still slight them.
Saying Burrow is throwing prayers and he's not that good, that his WR's do it all.
Keyshaun being the biggest douchebag analyst in the game, not wanting to acknowledge the Bengals are a good team.
Chiefs fans bitching about how two penalties against the Chiefs "gave the game" to the Bengals.
For every person saying the Bengals are legit, there's always some asshat who just can't help themselves.

• Haha 1

Perine...
If there is a single player that needs to be cherished at this point, it has to be him.  The guy has just absolutely balled out in the absence of Mixon and in all phases of the run game.  He's running, blocking, catching passes, doing it all against really good teams and coming out on top.  Lucky to have him for sure.

Tee...
I said this last week, have said it many times before, and will say it again.  HE'S A #1 ON MANY TEAMS.
The dude doesn't have to catch 15 balls a game and score 3 TD's.  He's just an animal whenever he's called upon and rarely comes up empty.
That catch and run for a TD was about all you could hope for out of a WR.  Just tough, physical and finished the play with guys on him.
The 3rd down catch to seal the game?  Get the fuck out of here.  There was no "luck" in any portion of that play.  Pure execution and a man playing ball.

The O-Line...
THIS is what we were hoping for at the start of the season.  Just crushing guys out there and giving Burrow enough time to throw the ball.
Even when things start to break down, they give Burrow time to read the pocket, step up and throw or take off running.
It truly is amazing as well to see Volson executing at this level.  Jackson who?  Volson has made that dude an after thought.

The Defense...
ZERO points in the 4th quarter to the Chiefs.  DID YOU HEAR ME ??  FUCKING ZERO !!!
That opening drive irked me, but they really pulled it together and brought the pressure.
Hendrickson didn't record a sack, but was in on plays all game long bringing pressure.  No stats for how good his game was last night.
Pratt with the "GIVE ME MY DAMN BALL" moment against Kelce.  Everyone saying Kelce should have just gone down without any thought to Pratt simply making the play.  That was a "Who wants it more moment" and Pratt came out on top.

Loved having Chase back and feel better about how he has recovered to this point. 
Lets keep that up because you can see how just having him on the field changes up what the defense has to do.

I could spend the next hour talking about Burrow, but I won't.  I don't care if someone calls him "The best" or whatever else to describe him.
I looked at my son when he asked, "What makes Burrow so good dad?" and I simply responded with three words...  "He's a killer".  
I like the moniker of "Joe BRRRR" because I think it's most appropriate.  The dude exudes cool and calm under pressure, while looking to reap souls.
For me, when I look at it through that lens, he's like the Kobe Bryant of NFL football.

FUCKING WHODEY !!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

MY GOD, what a game !!!  
I totally bailed on family for a child's birthday, irritating a large group, infuriated the wife and probably won't get any for a stretch.
That's ok though, I'll rub one out like a champ and celebrate that amazing win.  It was fucking great to be down there for that one.
I'd say I'm sorry to all the family and my wife, but I'm not.  WHODEY !!!

That being out of the way, I love how the Bengals just went out and executed and people still slight them.
Saying Burrow is throwing prayers and he's not that good, that his WR's do it all.
Keyshaun being the biggest douchebag analyst in the game, not wanting to acknowledge the Bengals are a good team.
Chiefs fans bitching about how two penalties against the Chiefs "gave the game" to the Bengals.
For every person saying the Bengals are legit, there's always some asshat who just can't help themselves.

TMI, Army.......TMI :-)

Credit to Mitchell Wilcox for taking his defender far enough through, to keep him out of the throwing lane.
The Chiefs ran a nice defensive scheme upfront and was less than a second from wrecking Burrow's shit.
Just a perfect throw and catch by Burrow and Tee.  You just cannot execute better than that.

Well the Bengals gave me a totally awesome 50th Birthday present so pumped with that result.  Do you know what I pictured in my head watching that pass to Tee from the endzone shot, I know we all hate the 49ers but it was like I was watching Montana throw a pass to Taylor to win a game in the 80's Burrow is just the second coming of Joe Cool for sure.  Total team win and we are the scariest team to face right now god help the Browns next week.

• Like 1