Week 12: Bengals @ Titans

Stripes

After the second half of the season last year, and the playoffs, I said at the beginning of this year, this will be an underated defense.

Seeing those leg/ankle tackles by Hilton on Henry yesterday, took me back 59 years to 1963 at the age of 10.

As a Browns fan, my dad would say, the only way to stop Jim Brown was to ankle tackle him.

It's a huge uphill battle to even consider them winning out, but after their 0-2 start, I don't want them to just 'make' the playoffs, I want them to win another division championship, and in order to do that they need to be at least tied with or a game ahead of Baltimore before they beat them in that last game.

If we are talking AFC North crown, the main problem is the Bengals are 1-3 in the division where the Ravens are 2-0.
We need the Ravens to drop some of their remaining division games.  Even if we split, they would have a better division record which is the first tie breaker.
They still have the Steelers twice and the Browns before us.  Not to say they will just sweep all those games, but the Bengals will need some help if we end in a tie.

All that being said, JUST FOCUS ON BEATING KC !!!
Everything else will play itself out.

This stuff is…I don’t know exactly what word to use. Interesting? Aggravating? Telling? I don’t know. The thing is, I’ve watched football for a long time. And dirty stuff is always there. And I get frustration by a losing team at the end of a game. But…

Am I the only one who gets the feeling this has been happening a lot to the Bengals recently? Like, for instance, every time, and I mean EVERY TIME Burrow scrambles some defender takes a head shot? WRs seem to take a lot of borderline hits too. 

I get that it’s part of the game. But it’s like teams are pissed the Bengals are good. I dunno, maybe its just me, but they seem to get a lot of this shit, more than their fair share.

• Like 1

all of that bothers me as well, Joisey......and to make it worse, these guys arent getting suspended or fined. 

Pickens didnt get fined for his cheap shot on Boyd, for example

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/myles-jack-george-pickens-not-fined-by-nfl-for-hits-against-bengals

its bullshit

the league is supposed to be concerned about player safety.  supposed to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

This stuff is…I don’t know exactly what word to use. Interesting? Aggravating? Telling? I don’t know. The thing is, I’ve watched football for a long time. And dirty stuff is always there. And I get frustration by a losing team at the end of a game. But…

Am I the only one who gets the feeling this has been happening a lot to the Bengals recently? Like, for instance, every time, and I mean EVERY TIME Burrow scrambles some defender takes a head shot? WRs seem to take a lot of borderline hits too. 

I get that it’s part of the game. But it’s like teams are pissed the Bengals are good. I dunno, maybe its just me, but they seem to get a lot of this shit, more than their fair share.

I've read articles online where referees admitted the bigger market winning teams get preferential treatment.

I don't trust the NFL and/or referees any farther than I could throw them!

Bengals are small market and I think the NFL prefers the bigger market revenue.

• Like 1

That should have been a penalty, Karras took a hard shot to the face mask well after the play was over.  Kind of a calculated thing, just like Pickens.  The game is over, a personal foul is meaningless, so you can take a free shot at someone.  The league should put down some heavy fines and emphasize it.  

• Like 1

The Titans were just pissed because the Bengals have, now twice in a row, come into their house and smacked them right in the fucking mouth.
They have literally bullied the Titans when most see the Titans as a very physical team.

That being said, I agree with you guys.  Cheap shot bitches.

SCOREBOARD MOTHERFUCKERS !!!

• Like 1