Week 6: Bengals @ Saints

HoosierCat

17 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

It was. And therein lies our fundamental problem. Here’s Zac after the game.

Now, if I’m Mike Brown, my response is, so what am I paying you $3 million a year for? If your whole strategy is, Joe will save us, why don’t I take your salary and put it toward his giant second contract? Tell me what, exactly, YOU bring to the table, Zac?

I freely admit that’s unfair, Zac clearly has a solid grip on the locker room and the players love him, he is not without value. But it highlights his limitations. Imagine Joe with a Bill Walsh or a Sam Wyche or a Bill Belicheck etc. to raise him up. This team would steamroller the league for a decade. As it is we are struggling to stay at .500.

Reading too much into it. 

3 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I dont see anyone mentioning Dax and that final 4th down play

this should be getting mentions if he did indeed make that final play.....he did, right?

For some reason did not notice him doing anything on that play - will have to re-watch highlights.  I was wondering why he isn't seeing more and more playing time, you have to find snaps for a guy that talented.

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

this should be getting mentions if he did indeed make that final play.....he did, right?

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Dax Hill with the big play

Yah he did.

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Yes. he had the breakup. He came from a million miles away too. It was impressive as hell. 

I thought the Dolphins game was going to be the springboard moving forward, but it may have been a couple weeks too early.  Fast forward to yesterday's game and maybe this is the pivotal game for this team.  I watched Burrow's post game Q&A and feel like he doesn't see things much different than they've ever been and acknowledged having to take the underneath stuff, which opened up the Chase TD.  I liked not only what I heard, but how he said it.  I know he's a confident dude, but there was some comfort hearing him talk about the team.

My only thing is what appears to be a disconnect from what he said and what we see each first half of games.  They need to find a way to get moving quicker.  When the schedule toughens up, holding some of those offenses to FG's instead of TD's when they get in the redzone is going to be harder to accomplish.

It was a hell of an athletic play on Hill's part.
An INT right there would have been the icing on the cake.
It not being an INT probably explains why no one is really talking about a pass break up.

That being said, Hill ran approximately 70 feet from the time the ball was thrown to the WR and still broke it up.  Like I said, athletic as hell.  Hope he gets more chances to make plays because I think the guy is going to be good when he gets his shot.