Week 4 (TNF): Dolphins @ Bengals

HoosierCat

As much as it pains me to say it because it means we lost the Super Bowl, I'm really happy for Whit.  He's legitimately a great dude and was absolutely deserving of more.  Yes, shame on the Bengals for both not showing him some love and not even being aware that was something they should consider.  Whit got his ring and I am happy for him.  Him doing that by beating the team that basically shunned him, has to be the topping on an amazing career.  Best of luck to him moving forward.

• Like 1

Whit's HOF case probably would have been damaged IF he stayed in Cincy.    He got 2 Conference Championships and a Superbowl to add to his legacy which, IMO, should put him over the top.

Honestly,  I don't think he would have lasted that long in the NFL extending with the Bengals under Marvin.    The organization was stale and stuck trying to capture the lost glory of the 2015 season.    They might have won a few more regular season games, maybe even qualified for the playoffs but as long as they were married to Marvin and Dalton playoff failures would have happened.   Whit probably would have called it quits around 2018 or 19 when the bottom was falling out of the 2012-2015 group.

Heck the Bengals even rolled Zac Taylor out there in his first 2 seasons with a ton of cap room dedicated to Marvin's old productive players trying to recapture that 2015 season.  

It sucks losing Reader for a while, but I think they have done a good job avoiding injuries to this point.  Some of the other teams in the division have taken some big hits.
If they can stay healthy, that will be huge for them as the season moves forward.

For tonight's game, I want to see the o-line take the next step and get this running game going.
Of course there are other things, but they need to establish that and control this game.

They had Veteran volunteers placing the white Pom Poms on each seat today. Afterward they got a light dinner and a free ticket to the game for volunteering.

For those that may be Veterans or know someone who is, this is a local group that gets tickets for Veterans to the Bengals, Reds, FC Cincinnati and other events in the city for free.

https://www.afta-cincinnati.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.home

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

They had Veteran volunteers placing the white Pom Poms on each seat today. Afterward they got a light dinner and a free ticket to the game for volunteering.

For those that may be Veterans or know someone who is, this is a local group that gets tickets for Veterans to the Bengals, Reds, FC Cincinnati and other events in the city for free.

https://www.afta-cincinnati.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.home

veterans recovering from shoulder surgery apparently did not participate

those dirty sunuvabitch sacks of crap