Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Hear me out counter-point - he sucks - and he's sitting out today due to pride being hurt.

We all better hope that’s not the case.

If that’s the situation, could we please just get JC Tretter in here at Center and move Karras to LG ?? If someone knows a better option, by all means share. Volston will give me great pause simply because of the huge step up in talent.

Will see how Volson does against potential Sunday starters if Carman is out long enough, or gets demoted for now.  

Interested to also see more of the heavier Ossai,  can't imagine that's a real good sign.  I thought he would have an impact, but you wonder if he'll need more time to get in shape.  I don't know, he didn't play much.

Didn’t sound like Carman would be out.  ZT indicated guys not practicing were mostly rest from Friday.   Hobson did throw something in there about a non serious injury. 

Competition on going from ZT.  Both did positive things and have stuff to work on.  

So we’ll see. 

Avoid sweeping judgements from anything preseason.    Especially when they are running a soft camp.  

If you aren’t worried about a soft camp before the game then why worry about a crap performance? The mentality is the same.  These game are probably just things to get through.  Just about every national guy interviewed on the radio has indicated they have been going softer than other teams.  

Also Mcsorely has scrambled his way to victories in the regular season, I think he held serve against the Browns while Lamar Jackson was out.   

Take it at face value they got there butt kicked and they really haven’t done a whole lot of hitting in TC to this point. 

2 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I don't know, he didn't play much.

That worried me.  Dude hasn’t played at all in a year, and very little in 20 months.  If anyone needed to play it was him.  So they yank him after like two series?

His weight is a real concern to me.  Last year he played well in preseason, and was in excellent condition.  

I’m relying on his college persona to re-emerge.  I went back and read the scouting reports on him and they said he had an incredible motor and played with intense competitive toughness and hustled on every down.  Also I rediscovered that his family emigrated here from Nigeria and that he didn’t even see American football until he was ten years old.  . Ossai plays with intense competitive toughness and hustles on every single down.