Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

Cool, I'm with you on this Mem.
I get those are "just clips" but what you see vs. what you see from Carman are night and day.

I was really hoping that putting Carman back on the left side would be the catalyst for him, but there's simply no way to explain what he put on tape from the first game.  Did he learn nothing from his first year? Extremely disappointing from him, especially considering some of the players sitting there when the Bengals went on the clock.

Chase's running mate at LSU, Terrace Marshall was still there and then there was TJ's favorite in center Creed Humphrey as well.  I was a huge fan of Marshall's game and hope he continues to fly under the radar in the Panthers WR corps with crappy QB play. In 2 more seasons get him back with Burrow and Chase.  (Pipe dream engaged)

I mean, they are "just clips" but they are "just clips" of "actual football plays". Carman's inability to anchor and his inability to process killed him last year and, for reasons I cannot comprehend, IMMEDIATELY showed up as problems on Friday. That's absolutely disheartening.

Carman getting absolutely flamed on social media.  If he doesn’t show better in these next couple pre season games, there isn’t much hope and it’s time to say goodbye.  I don’t care about the cheap contract and the potential.  

We can find an UDFA with more potential and get him cheaper.

And finally, it couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.  I can’t forget that in-depth write up of how he raped that teenage girl at Clemson.  

This post is really just an excuse for me to say, Karma has come for Carman.  

Oh that's not been forgotten regarding Carman's off field issues.  I've just tried to separate it as best I can.  If he's going to be a part of this team, which doesn't thrill me, there's not much choice in wanting to see him produce on the field.  The selection of Volson changes that.

I'm hoping come this Sunday against the Giants, we see Volson get snaps sooner rather than later.  I think they know what they have in Carman.  Let Volson get snaps with the 1's and go from there.  If that doesn't work out, there will be guards from other teams that get released that couldn't be any worse than Carman and they wouldn't have his issues.

Maybe Cleveland would be interested...

Sucks to lose Ben Brown. He could have been the answer to the understated Trey Hill problem.

I saw some of that dialogue with Pollack getting roasted. He had Adeniji standing on top of what looked like bean bags in some kind of footwork drill, probably meant to add a degree of difficulty that renders the normal playing field more "comfortable". Geoff Schwartz et al were dragging it, and I can only shrug. Pollack hasn't exactly earned total trust here, but I also cannot pretend to know enough about how to coach linemen to throw in with the criticism.