SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

3 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Gonna be hard to wipe the smile off of my face after that one. I've seen plenty of those awesome postseason NFL Films productions, but never with the Bengals involved.

I may play that on a loop. For the next 12 days. 

59 minutes ago, Stripes said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6iuRpZHeJw

Interesting discussion between McAfee/Hawk and Al Michaels. He essentially admits that at the moment NBC is clueless about the Bengals compared to the Rams or Chiefs and that they have to start from zero to learn the team over these two weeks.

sounds like some real quality insight coming then...yeesh. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

sounds like some real quality insight coming then...yeesh. 

He’s talking about it in terms of them not having called any Bengals games versus like eight combined for the Rams and Chiefs. They’ll be doing their usual prep work ahead of the game (he mentions how they are set to meet with the team when they get to town next week). Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of broadcast prep.

6 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

He’s talking about it in terms of them not having called any Bengals games versus like eight combined for the Rams and Chiefs. They’ll be doing their usual prep work ahead of the game (he mentions how they are set to meet with the team when they get to town next week). Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of broadcast prep.

I know what he’s saying. It means we will get basic shit we all know because they’ve ignored us for a few years. NBC should have at least flexed one of our games this year, but here we are….

9 hours ago, Stripes said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6iuRpZHeJw

Interesting discussion between McAfee/Hawk and Al Michaels. He essentially admits that at the moment NBC is clueless about the Bengals compared to the Rams or Chiefs and that they have to start from zero to learn the team over these two weeks.

I find that hard to believe since Collinsworth is there.....

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

He’s been on the road for the last six months in a weekly production cycle focused on one prime time game every Monday. It would not at all surprise me that he had no greater insight atm to the team than the average (non-Cincinnati) fan. Building that knowledge is what he spends every week doing for two teams. Bottom line, it will be just fine.

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Al is just hyping it up that's all.  Hey this team came out of no where, we'll have to start from scratch yada, yada, yada.....

Collinsworth's mind frame will be interesting.  He was on both prior Superbowl teams.  He knows the pain of having it be snatched away and knows the pain of the fan base living here.   I always thought he over compensated when calling a Bengals game to avoid being called a homer.   If this thing comes down to a final drive,  it will be interesting his take.

Collinsworth infamously told Sam they left to much time for Joe.  I think its even caught on film somewhere. 

Dehner had a few more details on the listener questions pod about the next 10 days:

---Bubble at UC for this week's practices starting today (what we heard last evening)

---Light practice Monday in Cincy

---Travel to LA on Tuesday on their normal off-day

---Super Bowl week practices W - F on their normal schedule at UCLA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Eifert?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/2/3/22915862/tyler-eifert-toys-with-idea-of-joining-bengals-for-the-super-bowl

Eifert aside, I am kinda surprised there hasnt been a TE signing, even if it is just to the PS. 

Have to assume that CJ wont be good to go......hope for the best, plan for the worst

If he can't go his replacement is in house. They won't sign someone off the street at that position.