2021 Schedule Release Day

membengal

Week 1 is out.

We host Minnesota. Rest of AFC North is on the road week 1 (Browns at Chiefs, Steelers at Bills, Ravens at Raiders).

So, week 1 is a must win. 

Just kidding.

Maybe not entirely kidding.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

So week 1 is the Riley Reiff revenge game. Good job nfl.

Riley Reiff.  

A man wronged.  

A destructive force.  Driven by an insatiable  thirst for revenge, a man determined to exact vengeance against the Vikings for releasing him, against the NFL for forcing him to play his first four years for Detroit, and against the universe for allowing him to be named Riley.

Sunday, September 12th.  A date that will live in infamy.  The day a black-hearted, disillusioned, broken, man goes on a suicide mission to maim and kill members of the Minnesota Vikings.  

The Riley Reiff Revenge Game.  The day a homicidal maniac turned the interior line of an NFL game into a mosh pit of death.  

The devil takes human form.  Evil incarnate.  

Riley Reiff.

• Like 3

Nice start to the season - Mike Zimmer a Cincy legend vs Sac Taylor (not a typo, I genuinely think he's a ballbag !) 

On the face of it a VERY  interesting opener, lots of connections for the media to chew over - Zimmer, Mackensie Alexander, Trae Waynes, Riley Reiff, Nick Vigil 

• Haha 1

The talking heads up here in the Cold North are chalking week one as an easy win for the Vikes.  I hope we choke them on those words, otherwise I am in trouble around the watercooler on Monday.  Actually think it works out to be a pretty good matchup for us week one.  They had a anemic pass rush last year and their best Edge is threatening a hold out (Danielle Hunter) and their CBs also took a hit with Jeff Gladney (their first rd. pick from last year) likely being banned from football due to a REALLY bad domestic violence issue.  They are reviving the corpse of 79 year old Patrick Peterson to be their CB on the X and I have to say, I like that matchup (Peterson v. Chase).  All hinges on our ability to stop the run because they will try to pound Cook down our throats.

I will say however, the last time the Bengals played the Vikings I was at that game and it was down right embarrassing to be a Bengals fan that day....totally gave up....

All time the Vikes lead the series 7-6-0 so hopefully it is our season and we can even it up.  In 2017 (the game I attended at US Bank Stadium here in Minny) the score was 34-7 and it wasn't even that close.  The Bengals were sleep walking through that game to the point that the Vikings players were laughing about it on the sidelines.  It looked like that had completely given up.

In 2013 the Bengals abused the Vikes 42-14....that is probably the Lewis game you were referring to (though both 2013 and 2017 teams were coached by Marvin).

Actually, almost none of the games in the series have been close.  Here are the scores from the last 5 matchups.

2017: MIN 34 - CIN 7

2013: CIN 42 - MIN 14

2009: MIN 30 - CIN 10

2005: CIN 35 - MIN 8

1998: MIN 24 - CIN 3

At least a 3 TD difference in every game.

Sun., Sept. 12, MINNESOTA, 1 p.m., FOX

Sun., Sept. 19, at Chicago, 1 p.m., FOX

Sun., Sept. 26, at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m., CBS

Thurs., Sept. 30, JACKSONVILLE, 8:20 p.m., NFL Network

Sun., Oct. 10, GREEN BAY, *1 p.m., FOX

Sun., Oct. 17, at Detroit, *1 p.m., FOX

Sun., Oct. 24, at Baltimore, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Oct. 31, at N.Y. Jets, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Nov. 7, CLEVELAND, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Nov. 14, — BYE —

Sun., Nov. 21, at Las Vegas, *4:05 p.m., CBS

Sun., Nov. 28, PITTSBURGH, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Dec. 5, L.A. CHARGERS, *1 p.m., FOX

Sun., Dec. 12, SAN FRANCISCO, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Dec. 19, at Denver, *4:05 p.m., CBS

Sun., Dec. 26, BALTIMORE, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Jan. 2, KANSAS CITY, *1 p.m., CBS

Sun., Jan. 9, at Cleveland, *1 p.m., CBS

That could have been a LOT worse. Back-loaded, bye in middle, only leave Ohio twice in last 10 games - it's workable. ZT needs to have them ready to win from the jump.