Mixon Extended

HoosierCat

18 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

- Yes, Mixon can catch and averages about 20 ypg, while producing 10 TD's over 6 seasons.  Nothing special there.
- No doubt the o-line hasn't helped him. I've never made any claim about him going elsewhere and not having better numbers.  Not sure why that was brought up.  He very well may though.
- I don't care what the market would be for Mixon if he's not a Bengal.  I would simply move on like any other player released.
- I don't want any Bengal in Baltimore, because I fucking hate Baltimore.  If he would do better there (which he may) than good for them.  I just don't care.  He won't be carrying that team.
- It's not a waste of time when you have the caliber of players the Bengals do and the cap numbers become restrictive to fielding a competitive team.
- It cannot be forgotten that a big reason they have so much space is due to all the expired contracts.  It's not like they have 40 million with Bates, Bell, Pratt, Perrine and others under contract.
  Those players need to be replaced AND still have to pay Burrow and others in the near future.  Sometimes I think people overlook that aspect of how much space the team really has.

They have plenty of mouths to feed on that offense.     Mixon was near top 5 in receiving yards this year despite his time missing and being surrounded by Chase, Higgin, Boyd, Hurst, and Perine.       They shouldn't cut a player that counter balances the cover 2 looks they see.   Just because ZT doesn't have to over load him carries and targets doesn't make him worth cutting.

They will or at least hope will bring back the the entire core 10 on that offense, with hopefully only having to address RT.

This stupid stuff about Mixon or Boyd or whoever represents cap savings is for the birds  They are $44m under.   You don't need to look for cap room until the summer, by then we'll know if they draft a RB or whoever to start replacing vets.

Found some of those modern metric rankings on Joe.  (Found them in the 2nd of a 3 part series Paul Dehner is writing on the Bengals’ off-season roster moves).

“Mixon struggled to consistently make defenders miss. PFF graded him 57th out of 61 qualifying running backs in their elusivity stat. NextGen Stats ranked Mixon 27th in rushing yards over expected.”

Yes, Mixon was incredible in the Buffalo game. It seemed everyone had something extra that game. Too bad it didn’t carry over to the KC game for sure.

Again, it won’t bother me if Mixon is back next year. I will root for him just like always. He’s been great in our small suburb of Anderson, showing up to local high school games and interacting with the kids as well.

However, if he were to not be brought back, I will simply wish him well and move on. What I won’t be is surprised. Cap savings is but one reason him leaving that would make sense. 

• 1 month later...

Yup. Unidentified kid hurt, Mixon’s sister claims he was not involved, no arrests made. Hopefully whoever got hurt is ok. Between this and the incident a few weeks back, Joe isn’t exactly making it hard for the team to move on if they want to.

If he wants to stick around, he has to be smarter than this.  Even if he wasn't involved, someone IN HIS HOUSE was, which resulted in a child getting shot.  Maybe it's not you Joe, but you are picking the people around you.  PICK BETTER !!  That whole thought process of where there's smoke, there's fire may apply here.  Hoping he doesn't have anything to do with it directly, but thinking the team may feel it's just not worth it anymore when considering how much they are paying him. 

• Like 1

the police report has been released:

The report says statements from teenaged witnesses and the victim indicated around 11 shots were fired and two "suspects" were stopped in a car after the incident.

Eleven shots? Lucky only one kid was hit in the foot. Note: the people in car were not named but neither is Mixon. Speaking of, Joe is lawyering up:

Defense attorneys Scott Crosswell and Merlyn Shiverdecker are representing Mixon, the attorneys' law firm confirmed on Wednesday.

Members from the law firm were at Mixon's home Wednesday afternoon. At this time, it is unclear if Mixon was home during the shooting, which took place around 8:30 p.m. Monday.

No charges or arrests yet.

There was a blurb on the radio that Mixon won't be charged.   I have not seen it confirmed or heard any reasons as to why.

Then there is a tweet saying:

There are two suspects (not official and no names, maybe because they are minors?)    But Mixon isn't one of the suspects either.

* I'm summarizing from memory. *

14 minutes ago, GapControl said:

She’s been threatening to wreck his career with “evidence” since he was at LSU.  Just an ongoing drama thing that he’s had to live with.  

• Like 2

Well, Mixon is still on the roster and will probably remain there at least through the draft. Only way he gets cut anytime sooner is if they sign, say, Williams. Which I highly doubt they will as it just leaves them in the same boat, just a different name.

What happened that had Joe Mixon getting death threats?
What was so bad that had him open carrying a weapon in his backyard?
We aren't talking about there being a multitude of homes where you don't see people coming and going.  These are large private homes and yards.  There is one way in and one way out of where his home is located.  He has every right to carry however, so I'm not questioning that.

On 3/16/2023 at 1:38 PM, HoosierCat said:

Mixon’s sister and her boyfriend indicted in the shooting. No charges for Joe.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/joe-mixon-shooting-shalonda-mixon-lamonte-brewer-anderson/43338927#

Hmm....none of his recent run-in's have sounded promising.  Sounds like they're into something they shouldn't be if you ask me.

Joe Mixon was seen carrying a firearm when the shooting took place but did not fire any shots, Powers stated.

"As a legal gun owner, Mixon had the right to possess the firearm and did not commit a crime," Powers said.

Mixon said he had been receiving death threats and was concerned for his safety after his sister told him there were people outside with guns, Powers stated.

Who knows, but imo too many people are entitled whackjobs who take sports (and movies and other stuff, all fandoms seems to be becoming ever more toxic) way too seriously. Remember the infamous trash dumped on Carson’s lawn? For all we know some jackass is out there looking for trouble because Mixon cost him in his fantasy league last year. You couldn’t pay me enough to be a public figure today. Crazies are everywhere.

Yeah crazies indeed… I’m sure that kid playing nerf wars was wondering why the hell someone was shooting real bullets at him before one shattered his foot. There was a house full of crazies shooting real bullets at kids.

I see kids playing with nerf guns all the time. Hell even I play nerf wars with my boys in the house. I’ve got a sniper rifle that shoots the big darts, but my personal favorite is the battery powered fully automatic rifle with nerf grenade launcher. I fucking dominate. What I don’t do is pull out my handgun and start shooting at them.

I have no issues with guns. Have a small arsenal to tell the truth. I do however take issue with stupid fucking people that can’t determine what the fuck is going on around them and end up shooting kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Mixon is being "re-charged" with Aggravated Menacing according to Cincinnati Police.

I am no longer a fan of his, not that I ever was really, but after the punching incident in college and now this, plus his overpaid, ridiculous $12m salary - just cut him and draft/sign someone and use the cap space to fill a need.  

Wish they would've just kept Perine and gotten rid of him.  But count me out as a fan - nothing but a drag for this offense, they can find someone better pretty easily, so do it and move on from this clown.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:00 PM, HoosierCat said:

Who knows, but imo too many people are entitled whackjobs who take sports (and movies and other stuff, all fandoms seems to be becoming ever more toxic) way too seriously. Remember the infamous trash dumped on Carson’s lawn? For all we know some jackass is out there looking for trouble because Mixon cost him in his fantasy league last year. You couldn’t pay me enough to be a public figure today. Crazies are everywhere.

I get it but I can't imagine he has any need to be waving a gun around in public as a player, no other player has ever had to do this before, so why is he different? Why is his sister living in his home doing the same?  History of violent behavior in public so I'm not surprised.  I have no excuses for him, seems to be a bit of a hot-head and thinks way too highly of himself.