Week 11 - Ravens Talk

AMPHAR

I hate Thursday night games!!! Nothing good comes from it, just glad it's at home and not on the road.

Still would be nice to see Fisher and some of Westerman as well, to see if it helps that right side of the line. 

Keep the momentum going from the second half of last weeks game and I'll be happy. 

It will be much harder to run this week, but we all saw how much that helped the passing game and I want to see more of it!

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Don’t want to step on any toes but I got some things on my mind about this epic division rival.

Suggs?  Don’t like him, but who’s gonna block him?   

Don't worry about toes. You started the last game thread and we won. Until we lose, you have the reins.

I don't buy Baltimore's production last week.  Buffalo is the bottom of the barrel right now.  Still, I don't like any of what I see when I envision the right side of the o-line trying to contend with the Ravens front.

Contrast that with Flacco's tendency to play his worst football in Cincinnati (and the Bengals defense to play at a high level accordingly), and then add in the sloppy Thursday night variable and I expect this thing might be winnable with 16 points.

The Ravens had a bunch of different players rushing the ball against the Bills and Lamar Jackson had 7 carries of his own, along with his 4 passing attempts.
Looks like they were really trying to mix things up on the offensive side of the ball and Flacco was throwing it to everyone.
Defensively, they sacked the QB 6 times and picked off 2 INT's.

As mentioned though, Buffalo is not some beastly team that is going to put the fear in any opponent this season.
The Ravens will be coming into Cincinnati for their home opener and I like the Bengals odds in this one.

The defense has got to get some pass rush going and get to Flacco.

The Ravens are an unholy confederation of charlatans and imposters.  It's an illegitimate assemblage of dimwitted grifters, following in the footsteps of their scumbag owner, Art Modell.  

The only positive thing I can think of to write about them is that we won't be subjected to that ridiculous, self-aggrandizing squirrel dance during the player introductions.  That's only because their pile-jumping murderer of a linebacker finally retired to focus full-time on stabbing people.  

Ed Reed was the only Raven worth watching:  Cut to the locker room.  Most players walk in wearing some expensive suit or thousand dollar athletic suit.  Ed Reed rolls in wearing torn sweats and a filthy sweater.  There is leaf litter stuck to the sweater and in his hair, making it obvious he slept in the leaf pile behind the facility the night before the game.  Then he goes out and straight up destroys the opponents passing game.  I salute you Ed Reed, in whatever soup kitchen line you are currently standing in.     

7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Anyone think Ravens will be out for Revenge?   Knocked those sad sacks out of the playoffs. 

Yeah. I get that. It will be used as a pre-game fire them up so speach for a prime time game.

Eff that. Home opener, beat those rat birds down and grab the division lead at 2-0!!

Our O-line still gives me great concerns. Bobby Hart was poor vs Indy. Ooglie is still a lifetime away from ever being anywhere near an NFL calibre player. The Ravens defensive front could have a field day against a weak Bengals right offensive line.

Without Burfict and Brown our secondary is limited and their TEs / slot receivers could have a big day.

They key to success will be if our O is able to establish a run game, control the clock and keep their D on the field. That's a big ask as I don't think the line is good enough.

We have home field advantage which is great. It's a prime time game which is bad. Marvin is prepping for a prime time game which is disastrous.

Bengals 16 - 27 Ravens

It's a 1:20 am Friday morning kick off over here, I've booked the day off of work and the wee fella will be missing school  - we'll be cheering for the above scoreline to be reversed obviously !

Have the Bengals ever shut out the Ravens ??

37 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Nope.  They have played 44 times, with each having won 22 a piece.

There have been 4 shutouts, but they all belong to the Ravens.  The only one of those happening at PBS was last year's opener.

Cheers mark - interesting,   I'm surprised the overall record is a tie, thought the Ravens would have been well ahead.

So, ........we're due shutting them out .......GO BENGALS !!! 

• Like 1

So out of curiosity, I looked at the Steelers.
They've played 97 times (including playoffs) and the Steelers have won 62 of those game.  Wow.
There have only been 2 shutouts and both belong to the Steelers.  Hmmmm.

Let me check the Browns since I'm intrigued by this...
They've played 89 times and the Bengals have won 50 of those.
There have been 6 shutouts and the Bengals are up 4-2 in that regard.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

So out of curiosity, I looked at the Steelers.
They've played 97 times (including playoffs) and the Steelers have won 62 of those game.  Wow.
There have only been 2 shutouts and both belong to the Steelers.  Hmmmm.

Let me check the Browns since I'm intrigued by this...
They've played 89 times and the Bengals have won 50 of those.
There have been 6 shutouts and the Bengals are up 4-2 in that regard.

What will blow your mind is prior to Mike Brown sole operator of the franchise/ Bill Cowher era, The Bengals owned the series lead against the Steelers. 

3 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

What will blow your mind is prior to Mike Brown sole operator of the franchise/ Bill Cowher era, The Bengals owned the series lead against the Steelers. 

Yep 21-20 prior to Mike taking over !!!

Since 1991, the Bengals have only managed to beat the Steelers 14 times.  Remember kids, we played them twice a year.  Ouch !!!

23 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

Our O-line still gives me great concerns. Bobby Hart was poor vs Indy. Ooglie is still a lifetime away from ever being anywhere near an NFL calibre player. The Ravens defensive front could have a field day against a weak Bengals right offensive line.

Without Burfict and Brown our secondary is limited and their TEs / slot receivers could have a big day.

They key to success will be if our O is able to establish a run game, control the clock and keep their D on the field. That's a big ask as I don't think the line is good enough.

We have home field advantage which is great. It's a prime time game which is bad. Marvin is prepping for a prime time game which is disastrous.

Bengals 16 - 27 Ravens

It's a 1:20 am Friday morning kick off over here, I've booked the day off of work and the wee fella will be missing school  - we'll be cheering for the above scoreline to be reversed obviously !

Have the Bengals ever shut out the Ravens ??

Lot of people maybe didn’t realize but Cedric Ogbuehi was listed as a game day inactive versus Indy for the season opener.

That’s as equal to a death sentence as Mike Brown ever gave a first rounder.

The Bengals need to open up the KC playbook and get the running game boosted with John Ross and Josh Malone taking some of those long handoffs/short passes with motion.  Tyreek Hill made alot of YAC last week doing just that and we have just as fast/shifty WR's.

Look for something special from Lamar this game, division prime time and early season adds up to let it all hang out in this one.  Hopefully the Bengals have a special play to pull out also, possibly a Tyler Boyd pass play.

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Week 11 - Ravens Talk