Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

Between the TD that was called an incompletion, the not fumble that was called a fumble, the offsides that was clearly the Steelers center moving the ball, and the numerous failures to call holds and/or late hits on the Steelers yet somehow on some downs the Bengals were called for 3 different penalties, it was clear that there was heavy pro-Steelers bias by the refs

As with most games vs the Steelers, the Bengals have to beat 2 teams (one in black and white stripes) in order to win one game

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Between the TD that was called an incompletion, the not fumble that was called a fumble, the numerous faliures to call holds on the Steelers yet somehow on some downs the Bengals were called for 3 different penalties, it was clear that there was heavy pro-Steelers bias by the refs

As with most games vs the Steelers, the Bengals have to beat 2 teams (one in black and white stripes) in order to win one game

I'm getting so tired of this.

That aside: We are not protecting the QB well

I think we're gonna need 2 more lineman in the draft next year over the first two days

A center, and either a OG or OT

I'd like to see Whit move to OG as well (probably Zeitler's spot, as I am not expecting him to return), and in that case, make the non-Center an OT.  Let us be willing to use some of those 2017 comp picks to move up in the first to get a blue chip OLT if one is available

• Like 2

Just saw Hewitt had 1 snap today, what the hell is this about? 

He only had 7 in NY, what was the point in signing him if they are not going to use him?

Damn this team needs a OC that is actually going to use these players to there best ability! Hill has yet to be used right, whatever happened to i-formation with Hewitt in front of Hill pounding the rock! 

Didn't get it done in the red zone or down the field.  Pitt did.  Field position sucked most of the game.     

Refs don't ever call holding on Steelers o-line.   Joke really.    I thought defense played well. 

Looking forward to seeing all 22 for running game.    Don't think the team played bad at all.   Refs robbed them of a chance to tie. 

Cutler on post game said refs on the field told Marvin the knee was down.   On to Denver.  

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Between the TD that was called an incompletion, the not fumble that was called a fumble, the offsides that was clearly the Steelers center moving the ball, and the numerous failures to call holds and/or late hits on the Steelers yet somehow on some downs the Bengals were called for 3 different penalties, it was clear that there was heavy pro-Steelers bias by the refs

There is nothing but truth here. When the teams are as evenly matched as these two are, and the stats as close, the officiating makes it REALLY hard to win. 

No doubt Steelers had a clear favorable whistle.  

I've looked at some of the early runs in slow mo.  Once all-22 becomes available, I'll give my half ass assessment of the problem.    Right now in the early runs edge blocking from TEs and Ced look to be problematic but that's not viewing from the endzone view so it could be a different story.    

Also notice Steelers were bringing late CB/S blitzes and then dropping LBs.    A lot of crowding the line when Hill was in the game.   Not so much with Gio.   

It's was frustrating because I believe there was good push by most on most runs but either a late blitzing CB gets in the backfield or an individual gets beat inside.   On an early Hill carry if Ced gets a block it looks like Hill would have been off to the races.  

See what the endzone view shows when they put it up on NFL game pass.

Might see if I can do it for non-holding calls for the Steelers.   I know the TV crew called it out twice.  I'm thinking there were 4/5 blatant holding calls ignored in Steeler pass pro.  

All I can say is that I'm glad I turned this one off in the third quarter and finished mowing the lawn. I suppose I ought to be more upset than I am, but I had this penciled in as a loss anyhow, and the fact it took the weather, the refs and the Steelers to produce that L is something. I'm really not worried about this team and remain confident they'll be back in the postseason come January.

That said, two weeks into the season they are 28th in rushing attempts versus 6th in passing attempts. That's not sustainable.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, membengal said:

4-5 is too low an estimate. Double that were blatant. Lance McAllister has vined at least 10 so far. 

I trying to remember how many times I yelled out hold, lol.   I'm a strong believer of not calling every hold but it's beyond crazy.   They have an undrafted Left Tackle that holds every damn play it seems.   Blatant holding.

Lance's Vines are telling.  

Yeah they might as well start this crap of that #78 as the best LT in the league if they are going to let him bear hug.    

Be honest,  I'm just happy knowing a lot of people saw the same things and I wasn't going blind homer in a close rival game.

Honestly, that was one of the worst officiated game in recent memory.

Boyd's "fumble" being the worst but the constant holding was mind blowing. It does reinforce the idea that the Steelers are given huge favoritism no matter the opponent and I have no reason to think different. When the non-calls are so obvious, so blatant it's hard to deny. It only makes me hate the Pissburg team that much more.

This was a game they could have won but they just didn't play well enough running the ball to offset the clear and distinct blindness of the referees. 

On to the Broncos. 

NADS.